Author Topic: "J.J. and Jeff" High Scores  (Read 1521 times)

Keranu

"J.J. and Jeff" High Scores
« on: September 28, 2007, 08:45:26 PM »
You all saw this coming  :mrgreen: .

High Scores

#1 kenomac: 505,250
#2 Keranu: 282,600

I should note that I did use the green spring a few times in level three because I couldn't find the key! I'm not sure if using green springs should be allowed or not, but since there probably aren't going to be any other serious players, I don't think it will matter :P .

Got the score on my first try and using an emulator, I was pretty impressed with myself.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 03:07:26 PM by Keranu »
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

Re: "J.J. and Jeff" High Scores
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 12:11:58 PM »
Before I completely destroy your score, I need to know if we're going to allow use of the green springs. In theory, you could continue playing forever until you max out the score.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 03:09:14 PM »
Yeah I'm still not sure about those green springs. We should probably not allow them because you could constantly loop through level one. I mostly left my score there just as a place holder, so I'll replay it again later. I look forward to seeing your score :) .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 05:10:39 AM »
Should post the key locations and any hidden green springs to watch out for to encourage non-JJ & Jeff believers to give the game a try?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 11:32:22 AM »
That would be a good idea. I'd have to play through it again to give the exact details of each key.

ceti alpha

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 06:02:36 AM »
I've only played this game once for a few days back in the day. Me and a friend rented it and all I remember is being very perplexed at what was going on in this game. I just remember little turds and piss breaks. I'll have to pick this one up sometime. I'm not against giving this little pariah another chance some 16 years later.  :)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 03:39:22 AM »
I'm not against giving this little pariah another chance some 16 years later.  :)

Well, you should be.

ceti alpha

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 05:01:19 AM »
Well, you should be.

haha.  :P  Perhaps...perhaps....

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 04:40:48 PM »
Well, you should be.

haha.  :P  Perhaps...perhaps....
If you didn't like Super Mario Bros., then you probably won't like J.J. and Jeff. Otherwise you should love it. :)

ceti alpha

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 07:41:50 PM »
If you didn't like Super Mario Bros., then you probably won't like J.J. and Jeff. Otherwise you should love it. Smile

Well, I have Super Mario Bros. for my Game Boy Advanced SP and I love it. I've always loved it. Though Super Mario
Bros. 2 is my favourite by far.

So I guess I should get me self a copy of JJ.  :)

nat

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 10:06:17 PM »
If you didn't like Super Mario Bros., then you probably won't like J.J. and Jeff. Otherwise you should love it. Smile

Well, I have Super Mario Bros. for my Game Boy Advanced SP and I love it. I've always loved it. Though Super Mario
Bros. 2 is my favourite by far.

This is the way I can tell someone who truly appreciates the finer things when it comes to video games.

ceti alpha

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 07:42:41 AM »
This is the way I can tell someone who truly appreciates the finer things when it comes to video games.

Warning: Spoilers!!

haha! Yeah, it's just such a cool game. It was the perfect sequel. Totally different. ---- Spoiler ahead---- And really cool how it was just a dream.  :)

Keranu

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 11:24:55 AM »
I love SMB2, possibly my favorite game in the series.

nat

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 11:45:05 AM »
The kids in Japan really missed out-- the SMB2 they got was a load of crap. It looked exactly like SMB1 and felt as if some dude got high on meth and got friendly with a level editor.

ceti alpha

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »
The kids in Japan really missed out-- the SMB2 they got was a load of crap. It looked exactly like SMB1 and felt as if some dude got high on meth and got friendly with a level editor.

haha. I didn't know that. One of the rare occasions that the Japanese got the short end of the stick, in terms of video games.