Author Topic: what about working designs?  (Read 904 times)

kenomac78

what about working designs?
« on: October 20, 2007, 02:46:16 AM »
 i havent heard much at all about what will become of WDs games for the wii. it would be a shame for those games to get lost. and translating those old rpgs would be  right up the VCs alley. but when they folded what happened to the rights? does the new gaijinworks company inheirit them? or what?

Keranu

Re: what about working designs?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 11:52:59 AM »
That's an interesting point. I wonder if Victor Ireland has thought of the idea of translation VC games himself?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »
Not to mention, there are for sure, 2 games that were finished that were never released(World Heroes & King of the Monsters 2).  I'd love to see those!

TR0N

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »
I think the question would be who owns the ip for those games.

Cadash and Parasole Stars is taito and both exils are by telenet.

Dunno it's a matter of hudson getting the rights for those.

No clue for comsic fantasy 2 or vasteel though.

While victor has gaijinworks there plans are to publish games for the 360 any ways.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:54:23 PM by TRON »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 12:32:47 PM »
Cosmic Fantasy 2 also is Telenet......unless I'm missing something?  And Vasteel is Human, or whatever company used to be Human, I think they still are.  I know the same guys did Vanguard Bandits.

TR0N

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 06:09:59 PM »
Cosmic Fantasy 2 also is Telenet......unless I'm missing something?  And Vasteel is Human, or whatever company used to be Human, I think they still are.  I know the same guys did Vanguard Bandits.

Yeah i check CF2 is telenet dunno on vasteel.

Still any chance of telenet titles to be on the vc is impossible now.

I was reading this over at tnl.

Acording to the thread telenet has gone out of buisness finally.
http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showthread.php?t=48897

Unless hudson can get the ip for the games that telenet has forget it then.

nat

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 05:01:49 AM »
Wow, that's sad. Despite a few rough-around-the-edges games, Telenet was a great company who really supported the TurboGrafx/PCE during it's life.

Although I'll never understand why they had so many labels/subsidiaries of their company (Wolf Team, Renovation, Laser Soft, Reno, the list goes on...). Wasn't it always the same group more or less?

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 04:59:36 PM »
I believe they were all different teams.  Though, maybe some members of teams got switched around possibly.

GUTS

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 10:43:02 AM »
I always thought it was like Sega's arcade divisions like AM2 and stuff.

Paisa49

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »
I miss Working Designs. They ported over some great games for the Saturn. Dragon Force and Magic Knight Ray Earth were great. For the TG-16, I still play my copy of Parasol Stars.

nat

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 07:32:17 AM »

Not impossible. I just realized-- Data East has been out of business for a number of years now. They went bankrupt in a similar situation in, like, 2003.

Yet somehow we have a bunch of Data East games on VC... The rights apparently were secured from a company I've never heard of called "G-Mode."

SOMEONE must be able to secure the rights to Telenet's library at which time VC re-releases wouldn't be out of the question.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 07:58:07 AM »
SOMEONE must be able to secure the rights to Telenet's library at which time VC re-releases wouldn't be out of the question.

True - surely somebody's retained the rights to those old games and  wouldn't turn down cold, hard cash.  It's not like they have many other ways of profiting from 'em, but maybe they're too busy dreaming of tentacle sex to worry about the VC.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 09:56:56 AM »
Heh... Maybe. But it seems to me there'd be some money still to be made by offering 'em on the VC. Telenet had their hands in a shitload of games, after all.

TR0N

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »

Not impossible. I just realized-- Data East has been out of business for a number of years now. They went bankrupt in a similar situation in, like, 2003.

Yet somehow we have a bunch of Data East games on VC... The rights apparently were secured from a company I've never heard of called "G-Mode."

I know what happen to dataeast afther they went bankrupt G-mode got there ips.

G-mode makes games for cell phones in japan.

I'm sure nintendo gave,G-mode some $$ so they could have there titles for the vc.

I would assume snkp would have to pay g-mode as well if,they want (Wind Jammers, Magical Drop 2&3,Karnov Revenge etc on the vc.

Turbo D

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 04:17:34 PM »
oh no, not ...... WINDJAMMERS!!!!

:lol: