Author Topic: 3 minute preview of new Transformers cartoon.  (Read 1396 times)

rolins

Re: 3 minute preview of new Transformers cartoon.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 12:35:54 PM »
Totally ghey.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 12:43:02 PM »
Yeah, I see that quite often.  But, that's the best site I know of for pictures of every transformer made.

nectarsis

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »
^ Same here...most boards I go to use this as a pointer to peoples questions.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 02:32:24 PM »
G1 is GREAT, but BW had a story arc that pretty much ran the whole series.  Writing was mature, and well written.

Since your avatar is a Crossbone Gundam, I can only assume you've seen much better animated scifi. I can think of probably 50 different anime with better storylines, and about 500 with better animation. Beast Wars is some ugly ugly ugly shit. Basically the pre-rendered CG cinemas from a year one European PS1 game. The worst. Even those newer cel shaded TF shows where they basically don't even fight (just lock hands and stand there like the word's worst Firepro players) are better.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 02:38:29 PM »
Yeah, I see that quite often.  But, that's the best site I know of for pictures of every transformer made.

Everyone should own a copy of Transformers Generations. It depicts every TF (US, JP, and EU versions) until just short of the BW shite, plus episode guide for the TV shows (US, and JP), and even the Marvel comics. A perfect book.

guyjin

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 02:53:11 PM »
I can't say I'm impressed. Transformers was always anime-ish, but this is going too far.

They should have kept going with Robots In disguise, rather than start a new show.

its better than beast wars/machines, at least.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

nectarsis

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 03:01:21 PM »
To each their own.  I try to stay open minded and go into something, and find what I like.  Admittedly, the BW (espically season 1) was pretty ugly.  The backrounds were bad, but the characters were well done, and I enjoyed it.  The new series is a little to "Teen Titans" (same people doing it) for me...but I will still have an open mind.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 06:03:08 PM »
Believe me, months ago, when I first saw Prime's Teen Titans/Ben 10 design, I thought it was the Devil.  But, it's all kind of growing on me, & really, the only TF shows I've ever truly enjoyed came from the US or Canada, the Japanese just can't seem to get it right, they always want to make it some wierd Pokemonish show.  This, I can handle, & there's already 2 seasons done with a 3rd in the works! 

This show, just might work.  Sure, it ain't G1, nothing is, though, for non believers, Beast Wars is the continuation of G1, it's 300 year in the future.  The 2 races in Beast Wars, are the direct descendants of the Autobots & Decepticons.  The technology used on them, is an advanced mix of G1's Pretender shells(making life like alt modes) & Micromasters fuel efficiency.  They were doing a Micromasters comic, that explains all that.  And, for the show itself, it's deffinitly above anything I've seen on the PS1, especially with seasons 2 & 3.  If BW could've been done on the PS1, why didn't the BW game look exactly like it?  And even if the PS1 can do it, I don't care, I love the show.  I used to hate it, just like I used to hate this new show.

With BW, it took years for me to accept it.  I finally decided I like some of the toys, namely, TM2 Megatron, since he turns into a dragon, & I love dragons!  But, then I noticed there were G1 bots on the show.  Not just Starscream & Ravage, but, others too(without spoiling the story), & I realised what the whole point of the Beast Wars was.  It's not even that all TF's now turn into animals, it's only that on this one particular planet, there are no vehicles, the only thing that would be worthwhile to transform into to blend in, is animals.  On Cybertron, they pretty much are all vehicles.  Even then, it's not like we didn't have animalbots before, we had lots, some peoples favorites, like the Dinobots, Predacons, Ravage, Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw, Ratbat, Skylynx, Terrorcons, Insecticons, & more.

But, like Nectarsis said, each to his own. :)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 11:10:04 PM »
I can't say I'm impressed. Transformers was always anime-ish, but this is going too far.

They should have kept going with Robots In disguise, rather than start a new show.

That doesn't make any sense. Every TF show that I know of that wasn't Beast Wars was animated in Japan except this new one. Its the least "anime-ish" show yet, other than Beast Wars of course, which was a non-interactive year 1 European PS1 game, as discussed earlier.

It most certainly is.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 03:37:28 AM »
I'll keep an open mind until I actually see a couple of whole episodes, but why is everything rounded off so damn much?  Angles aren't scary, are they?

That's true, I think her name is Sari.  Still not sure how she'll be handled.

Hopefully, she'll be crushed in an 'accident'.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 01:57:37 PM »

That doesn't make any sense. Every TF show that I know of that wasn't Beast Wars was animated in Japan except this new one. Its the least "anime-ish" show yet, other than Beast Wars of course, which was a non-interactive year 1 European PS1 game, as discussed earlier.

It most certainly is.

G1 Seasons 1-4(4 being the 3 part Rebirth) were done in the US.  The only thing done in Japan for the first 3 seasons, was the character designs(& possibly the animation itself, but all the stories were planned & written in the US).  After season 3(in Japan, they ignored Rebirth), they did Headmasters, Masterforce, Scramble City, Victory, & Zone.  If you ever watch these series, you can deffinitly see a difference in writing.  The company that did the US G1 shows, was Sunbow.  Takara's first show was Headmasters, & it looks like Toei did that all by themselves http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_The_Headmasters  I believe Toei did help with the US series somewhat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers_%28TV_series%29 So, G1, intially, was a US show, that Takara had dubbed, & then later, continued after the US show died.

Here we go: "Written and recorded in America, and produced for American audiences, the series was animated in Japan and South Korea, and was based upon the line of transforming toys originally created by Japanese toy manufacturer Takara, which were developed into the Transformers line by American company Hasbro."
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:59:31 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »
Yes, I know all of this.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 05:12:43 PM »
I'd like to know who was responsible for animating "Carnage in C Minor".  Worst episode ever.  I have probably talked about this on this forum before, but here is a link to my review of that episode anyway:

http://www.joeredifer.com/stuff/tf/transformers.html

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 05:18:03 PM »
Ha, that's actually one of my favorite episodes ever!  But, it's not because it's a well done episode, it's because it hilariously so bad, that I totally love it!  Why are Huffer & Brawn, who are dead by this time, now alive & kicking, & fighting alongside the Decepticons!?!?  I love it! :D

edit-Might I add, that your review is awesome, I was crying I was laughing so hard!  I love the picture with Blaster & Magnus hanging off the wings of Broadside!  And Grimlock smiling, that's something I never noticed before!  And I think that's supposed to be Bonecrusher, but, he's extra wierd looking in that picture, I wonder if the animators were drunk when they made this, or if everyone involved just decided to get together & make a horribly wrong episode?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:28:26 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

ceti alpha

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 03:00:56 AM »
I couldn't watch the Cartoon Network video as I'm in Canada and not allowed to. Top secret stuff I guess.  :roll:

Anyway, I watched it on youtube and it looks to be OK. I'm not a fan of the robot design, but the writing and voices are a hell of a lot better than those Energon and Armada versions I've come across. Those cartoons will give you a seizure with how fast and nonsensical the dialogue is.

Bottom line: I'll give it a chance.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"