Author Topic: "Angelus 2 - Holy Night" on Yahoo  (Read 785 times)

herr-g

"Angelus 2 - Holy Night" on Yahoo
« on: January 09, 2008, 04:33:47 AM »
On Yahoo there's currently a sample copy of "Angelus 2 - Holy Night" within the PCE Adventure category for a quite hefty price.
As i've never heard of that title i'd really like to know if someone has a few infos about it.
h**p://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m47358616

D-Lite

Re: "Angelus 2 - Holy Night" on Yahoo
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 05:31:12 AM »
Haha, yeah, I'm gonna pay over a grand for a CDR of any game.  This may very well be a real proto, but who in their right mind would buy that.  Just because someone wrote 1994 on the disc doesn't mean they didn't burn it last night and busted out the ol' Sharpie.  A proto of a CD-based game is a very different thing that a cart-based proto.

I've heard it's not that good, but I've never played it.  Anyone?
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

herr-g

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 06:08:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure a plenty of folks out there would pay even more for that.
Most protos are only handwritten. Who cares about a machine printed and pressed CD-ROM in an early state of developement?
I guess nobody would pay 100+k-en for playing an adventure game. Think about Akihima Jin no Suugaku Mistery. It's just for having it.
Only hardcore collectors would spend that much for something that common people would call just a plain CD-R.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 06:45:19 AM »
Most protos are only handwritten. Who cares about a machine printed and pressed CD-ROM in an early state of developement?
I guess nobody would pay 100+k-en for playing an adventure game. Think about Akihima Jin no Suugaku Mistery. It's just for having it.
Only hardcore collectors would spend that much for something that common people would call just a plain CD-R.

I'm not sure whether you're agreeing with D-Lite or if you just pwned him.

Turbo D

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 07:07:36 AM »
there are dudes willing to pay that for unreleased games burned on cd-r. I'm not kidding either. I don't judge them though. I say do with your money as it makes you happy :)

nat

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »
I would never for the reasons Dean stated.

Simply put, there is just no way to be sure it's actually a prototype.

MissaFX

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 08:47:57 AM »
Haha, yeah, I'm gonna pay over a grand for a CDR of any game.  This may very well be a real proto, but who in their right mind would buy that.  Just because someone wrote 1994 on the disc doesn't mean they didn't burn it last night and busted out the ol' Sharpie.  A proto of a CD-based game is a very different thing that a cart-based proto.

I've heard it's not that good, but I've never played it.  Anyone?

From their 1 pic the CD media looks old enough at first glance, but they really need to show detailed pics of the back for me to take their auction seriously.  All of my blanks that old btw are labeled CD-Ms (Pioneer and TDK brands from memory)...though I have seen some like this one without any designation on them.  I do know Mitsui did label some of their CD-Rs from back then with the CD-M designation as well.

Since they are not showing us the back but include 3 other pics, I have to assume it they found an old blank and burned to it.  At least with the evidence at hand.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

herr-g

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 08:52:36 AM »

I'm not sure whether you're agreeing with D-Lite or if you just pwned him.
For sure it isn't my intend to pwn anyone. If it looks like, then sorry, please excuse my stile.
I just meant it as i wrote it.

Anyway, i'm hoping someone knows more about the game.

.. Meanwhile i could find it in the release list in PC Engine Fan 12/94
Announced for unknown date by Asmik.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 09:12:07 AM by herr-g »

guyjin

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 09:24:04 AM »
I'm almost certain it is not a prototype. If it were, the owner would have more evidence of chain of custody.
this is just a case of some ass getting a good download and bogarting it.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

D-Lite

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »
Not sure if you're calling me common people or not, but as nat noted, the point is there is absolutely no way you could consider this an authentic proto as shown.  Perhaps if you had evidence that all the protos from this company were written on that exact media.  But getting this game on CD-R is possible for less than $1200 and could be just as convincing and playable.  Of course most protos are handwritten, but as it turns out ALL generic copies are too.  The difference between $0.12 and $1200 is quite large if you consider the chance of authenticity.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 05:58:26 PM »
I agree with D-Lite; nobody in their right mind would pay that many garbanzos for an unproven prototype.  On the other hand, we've all heard the famous saying falsely attributed to P.T. Barnum.

Note to nod: Burn and hand label a few copies of Mysterious Song now as a college fund for the kids.  Just think, in ten or fifteen years, they'll be worth hundreds!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Tatsujin

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 06:24:55 PM »
as for the CDR, it looks quite antique (63min). and also the hand writting seems to be from an japanese person.

that's all what i can say. may be someone can verifie the maker of the cdr and find out if this one really is about 13+ years old.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Kitsunexus

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 06:39:07 PM »
Why would you pay exorbitant amounts of cash to get an unfinished version of a game, when you can just buy the finished version?
  :?:

Tatsujin

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
Why someone would pay exorbitant amounts of cash of any rare items in the world (universe)?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Kitsunexus

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 07:17:45 PM »
Why someone would pay exorbitant amounts of cash of any rare items in the world (universe)?

EXACTLY!  :dance: