Author Topic: PC-ENGINE/TURBO DUO, TURBO EXPRESS SOUND FIX & MODS  (Read 1906 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: PC-ENGINE/TURBO DUO, TURBO EXPRESS SOUND FIX & MODS
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 12:11:21 PM »
Anyone considering sending items to Turbokon should hold off due to recent information being made available.
Situations need to be cleared up,please wait for further details.

Update,its been made clear that either Turbokon and Count Smirf are one in the same,or Count Smirf is in his pocket. Either way there may be a possible scam going on,or that Turbokon is trying to self create hype for himself in the modding arena. Something is very fishy either way it goes.
One,the work looks like it was done by Dean,two,the Count was busted on here lying about a Samurai Ghost deal and just got exposed ( http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5001.0 ),and three is one that will take some reading,special thanks to Busted for pm'ing this info to me straight from Digital Press forums and who informed me that a moderator there locked that thread for certain said issues:
Turbokon
Insert Coin (Level 0)

Posts: 7   Pc-engine/turbo Duo, Turbo Express Sound Fix & Mods

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I specialize in turbo's and pc-engine mods. I am currently offering the following services:

Turbo Express/PC-ENGINE GT - Sound fix $20
Turbo duo - Sound fix $30
Turbo Duo/PC-Engine duo opt amps upgrade - $30
Turbo Duo sound fix with opt amps upgrade $50
Turbo Duo/PC-Engine Duo - Composite mod $25
Turbo Duo/PC-Engine Duo/Turbo Grafx 16 - Region mod via pushbotton switch $40
`
These prices includes the cost of shipping back to you and these prices are for US resident only. I will give discount for combine mods. I will also take turbo stuff like games, scrap unit and accessories in place of cash.

I will guarantee my work with a three month warranty period. If within those three months, whatever repair or mod I made cease to function correctly, I will redo the repair or mod free of charge with no cost to you except for round trip shipping cost. I won't take responsibility for units that already had a mod or repair done by another party. Therefore no warranty provided for those units. If interested, please PM me. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by turbokon : 04-02-2008 at 01:25 PM. 

turbokon
View Public Profile
Send a private message to turbokon
Send email to turbokon
Find More Posts by turbokon
Add turbokon to Your Buddy List

03-22-2008, 06:03 PM    #2 
COUNT SMRIFNACK
Insert Coin (Level 0)

Better prices than I've seen anywhere else. Damn good to have someone working on and modding the TG. I hope to send you mine very soon.

COUNT SMRIFNACK
View Public Profile
Send a private message to COUNT SMRIFNACK
Find More Posts by COUNT SMRIFNACK
Add COUNT SMRIFNACK to Your Buddy List

03-22-2008, 06:19 PM    #3 
ooXxXoo
Insert Coin (Level 0)

Great Deal!....

ooXxXoo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ooXxXoo
Send email to ooXxXoo
Visit ooXxXoo's homepage!
Find More Posts by ooXxXoo
Add ooXxXoo to Your Buddy List

03-22-2008, 08:18 PM    #4 
miaandjohnrule
Strawberry (Level 2)

Any references?

miaandjohnrule
View Public Profile
Send a private message to miaandjohnrule
Find More Posts by miaandjohnrule
Add miaandjohnrule to Your Buddy List

03-23-2008, 10:27 AM    #5 
turbokon
Insert Coin (Level 0)

Not yet, that's why I'm doing a few for no labor charge to built up reference. I have one coming n hopefully one from counter. I will offer this to a couple more.

turbokon
View Public Profile
Send email to turbokon

03-23-2008, 10:31 AM    #6 
turbokon
Insert Coin (Level 0)

not yet, that's why I'm doing a few for no labor charge. One coming n hopefully one for counter. I will extend this offer for a couple more.

turbokon
View Public Profile
Send email to turbokon

03-23-2008, 02:19 PM    #7 
ApolloBoy
Famicom and Mark III obsessed

Do you have any examples of your work? And do you do S-vid mods?

DP feedback: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106787

ApolloBoy
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ApolloBoy
Visit ApolloBoy's homepage!
Find More Posts by ApolloBoy
Add ApolloBoy to Your Buddy List

03-24-2008, 10:52 AM    #8 
omnedon

Great prices. Even better if you can fix the few DUO's that the cap replacement does not solve the audio issues on.

This is a sell thread though, and not a 'how to' thread. There is a different forum for sale threads, and this forum isn't it. As a compromise though, I will leave a shadow copy of this thread here in Technical, and move the actual thread to Buying and Selling where it belongs.

Good Luck with your service.

omnedon
View Public Profile
Send a private message to omnedon
Visit omnedon's homepage!
Find More Posts by omnedon
Add omnedon to Your Buddy List

04-02-2008, 12:16 PM    #9 
turbokon
Insert Coin (Level 0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBoy 
Do you have any examples of your work? And do you do S-vid mods?

Sorry, just finally been able to get back into the thread.

I have not tackle the S-vid mod yet.

I have just done mods for a couple of forum member here, Soviet and Count. I can take a pic of mine where I did some caps replacement and a region mod if you like.

turbokon
View Public Profile
Send email to turbokon

Today, 02:58 PM    #10 
COUNT SMRIFNACK
Insert Coin (Level 0)

O.k. I got my TG 16 back from turbokon the other day. He did the region mod for me as a trial for good reference, and all I can say is WOW! He got my TG on a Friday and had it shipped out Priority Mail on Monday! Can't beat that. The install is super clean looking too. You wouldn't know the thing had been opened, and the switch is mounted perfectly. The switch's button itself is of very good quality also, it doesn't feel "cheap".

I would recomend turbokon highly. I am very pleased with his work and service. A+++++

COUNT SMRIFNACK
View Public Profile
Send a private message to COUNT SMRIFNACK
Find More Posts by COUNT SMRIFNACK
Add COUNT SMRIFNACK to Your Buddy List

Today, 03:38 PM    #11 
ApolloBoy
Famicom and Mark III obsessed

Nice, looks like the same quality of work that D-Lite does.

DP feedback: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106787

ApolloBoy
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ApolloBoy
Visit ApolloBoy's homepage!
Find More Posts by ApolloBoy
Add ApolloBoy to Your Buddy List

Today, 03:48 PM    #12 
COUNT SMRIFNACK
Insert Coin (Level 0)

Yes, top quality for sure. And I hear that D-Lite is a couple months behind. So sending your business to turbokon can get your work done faster, and help take a load of D-Lites back.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:23:37 PM by Michael Helgeson »

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 12:43:53 PM »
Yeah Micheal, what your getting at is wronge.  This is just stupid.  Count Smrifnack and turbokon are two different people, there has to be some way to tell that from this board.  Maybe not, I dunno.  But anyway, this is stupid.  There is no reason turbokon should be catching shit over this.  He did me right and this isn't how I intended to help him out.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

nodtveidt

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 12:53:15 PM »
Maybe you should have thought about that before you trying ripping people off here. Way to go, you've not only stained your own reputation but someone else's as well.

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 12:53:26 PM »
Anyone considering sending items to Turbokon should hold off due to recent information being made available.
Situations need to be cleared up,please wait for further details.

Update,its been made clear that either Turbokon and Count Smirf are one in the same,or Count Smirf is in his pocket. Either way there may be a possible scam going on,or that Turbokon is trying to self create hype for himself in the modding arena. Something is very fishy either way it goes.

"In his pocket" is silly to say.  Turbokon offered parts and shipping only in his thread.  I took him up on that on the agreement that if I liked his work I would post pics and tell people.  That isn't a bad thing.  You guys were the ones who said he needed to get his work out there and prove himself.  That's what he was doing.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 12:55:36 PM »
Maybe you should have thought about that before you trying ripping people off here. Way to go, you've not only stained your own reputation but someone else's as well.

I couldn't care less about my reputation here.  If no one wants to pay $50 for the game then fine.  If someone did then fine.  I wasn't forcing anyone to buy it. 

nodtveidt

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »
Then do yourself and everyone else a favor and beat it outta here. We don't like shysters around here.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 01:09:57 PM »
Direct from Shoutbox:
[Mon 00:48] <bust3dstr8> Here is what I got from DP: Thanks for the heads up and looking out. There is no direct IP match between the two users. Smrifnack has both IP's from texas as his profile claims. The other dude has two different IP's from two different states, which is suspicious, but I can't really say anything else.

Most likely this is a con,and Smurf is using the legit IP when logged in and then using hideip or similar when using the Turbokon ID. Nat or someone else here mod wise can cross reference the ip info just stated with the log ins here too by both ids...

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 01:12:01 PM »
Still not the same person huh.  Wow what a revalation!

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »
Still not the same person huh.  Wow what a revalation!

You most likely are using Hide Ip or similar software when you log in as Turbokon. There is clearly something wrong here when two diff states ips show up for Turbokon on Dig Press. You have clearly been busted,best to be on your way now.

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »

You really think I messaged myself between two accounts?  I don't know why turbokon has two states listed on DP, but I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.  Jesus Christ you really got your conspiracy theory together don't you.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 01:27:04 PM »
Covering your own tracks perhaps??? Isnt the first time we have had a member create 2 accounts and have conversations with them self. Everyone remembers Kits here..... Either way something is clearly wrong,and you need to go away,and one of the mods here needs to look into both your ip info. If Turbokon is a diff person something is still wrong if hes using diff ips every time he logs in to places,and because hes now associated with you. Seems your his only good word so far,that doesn't bode well,does it???
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:35:33 PM by Michael Helgeson »

bust3dstr8

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 01:35:05 PM »
If you had just been an honest seller in the first place, you wouldn't be running your ass off doing damage contol.
Ya....your f*cking kicking yourself now, huh?

Clowns Suck

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 01:37:06 PM »
True, but this shit has gotten way outta hand.  My selling a game had nothing to do with turbokon's services. 

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 01:42:56 PM »
Thought you said you were leaving ????

nodtveidt

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 01:45:18 PM »
Thought you said you were leaving ????
That's what I'm waiting for too...