Author Topic: PC-ENGINE/TURBO DUO, TURBO EXPRESS SOUND FIX & MODS  (Read 1907 times)

COUNT SMRIFNACK

Re: PC-ENGINE/TURBO DUO, TURBO EXPRESS SOUND FIX & MODS
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »
Are we done then?

You gonna admit that you were wrong about me and turbokon being the same person?  You gonna let him go about his business trying to do business?

If so, then consider my account closed.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 01:51:30 PM »
Are we done then?

You gonna admit that you were wrong about me and turbokon being the same person?  You gonna let him go about his business trying to do business?

If so, then consider my account closed.

We know not what to think,only that the only good word so far is coming from you,and you are a proven liar and unreliable. Add that with Turbokon using diff states and ips and all around thats bad news...It doesn't matter if you leave willingly,I don't see you being around for much longer anyway.....

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2008, 01:57:47 PM »
turbokon can explain to you why it says he is in two states I'm sure.  All I know is I sent him my TG and I got it back within 8 days with the region mod performed.  Nothing you can say changes that.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 02:06:23 PM »
turbokon can explain to you why it says he is in two states I'm sure.  All I know is I sent him my TG and I got it back within 8 days with the region mod performed.  Nothing you can say changes that.

Maybe,but in the past there have been multiple con men working together to screw with communities.
Japhei and his crew on ebay and Neo forums,Chris and Dion at NGF. This wouldn't be the first time that people in different states/ips could work together to perform scams,cons,shady deals,ect.., so anything is indeed possible,and as said before,you've been caught dead on here,and a good word from you is not a major endorsement of honesty, I mean,you wont even stick to your word and go away on your own....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:09:23 PM by Michael Helgeson »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2008, 02:47:49 PM »
As far as I can see here nobody can prove anything that's being said, so the burden of proof should rest on the plaintiff, who seems to be once again witch hunting with no personal stake in a case. All I know is that if this is a scam there are much better and more profitable ones out there that require a lot less work...

I should clarify though that while I spend hours here every single day I don't have even more time to spend watching the Shoutbox for every little tidbit, so I have no idea what sort of key factors were revealed only there.

So why does this mod look like it was done by D-Lite? All I see is a button.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2008, 02:52:33 PM »
Damn, this is crazy! :!:
END OF LINE.

nodtveidt

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »
I think it's because that's the same ultra-uncommon 8PDT button that D-Lite uses. The thing is that D-Lite tended to put the switch on the front...plus, from what I understand, he doesn't even use the switch anymore and now uses a simple slider switch with a small add-on circuit board.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »
As far as I can see here nobody can prove anything that's being said, so the burden of proof should rest on the plaintiff, who seems to be once again witch hunting with no personal stake in a case. All I know is that if this is a scam there are much better and more profitable ones out there that require a lot less work...

I should clarify though that while I spend hours here every single day I don't have even more time to spend watching the Shoutbox for every little tidbit, so I have no idea what sort of key factors were revealed only there.

So why does this mod look like it was done by D-Lite? All I see is a button.

Zeta,the easiest of scams is the one where all you have to do is post on a  thread and say,"send me your stuff and Ill do so and so for you,or give you so and so for it" ,or "send me your money and I will sell you said item". Its zero effort and just takes  a little bit of detailed work on the net if you want to make it look good. Internet fraud is a big thing these days,surely you have realized this. Turbokon may be just a legit guy doing his thing, but because of Smurf it may be best to look into him further before giving the final ok.

nat

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 03:03:36 PM »
This thread is locked while the issue is investigated. Further information can be forwarded to a mod via PM.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 06:26:07 AM »
After further investigation, it has been determined that this thread be reopened.  This is NOT an invitation to start arguing again however.  We will be monitoring all parties involved, so know that we are watching.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

turbokon

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 07:39:12 AM »
Looks like I'm back in business :D  I'm happy that nat and aaron didn't jump into any conclusion :clap:.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

omnedon

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 07:50:22 AM »
Wouldn't this be easily settled with a couple phone calls, or posting of a picture of today dated newspapers from each poster , or some other such silliness? It may be in the interest of the accused to do something silly like that.

We've checked over at DP (i moderate there), and have not found sufficient proof that the two posters turbokon and COUNT SMRIFNACK are the same person over there. That doesn't rule it out of course, but all factors in, it doesn't seem likely to me. Lamest scam ever if it's a 'scam'.

Reputations are hard to build up, and very VERY easy to damage, especially with online fora where every voice has the same weight.

Whatever.
Contact chop5 for any NEC console services.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »
Wouldn't this be easily settled with a couple phone calls, or posting of a picture of today dated newspapers from each poster , or some other such silliness? It may be in the interest of the accused to do something silly like that.

We've checked over at DP (i moderate there), and have not found sufficient proof that the two posters turbokon and COUNT SMRIFNACK are the same person over there. That doesn't rule it out of course, but all factors in, it doesn't seem likely to me. Lamest scam ever if it's a 'scam'.

Reputations are hard to build up, and very VERY easy to damage, especially with online fora where every voice has the same weight.

Whatever.

Yea,after talking to him in shout box Turbokon def sounds like just a average joe trying to do his thing which is great. Def looking forward to seeing more work of his done,esp after Soviet gets his deck back up and running,would like to see the work done on that one too :)

Sorry to Turbokon for stress caused. Everyone just got together,some stuff just sent up red flags because of Smurf,and people got concerned,but its sorted it sounds like and thats great. Best news is Smurf left.

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »
There's no U in Smrifnack.  #-o

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2008, 06:04:02 PM »
There's no U in Smrifnack.  #-o

And there's at least one O in Count, but that doesn't mean it ain't best to let sleeping dogs lie.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles