Author Topic: PC-ENGINE/TURBO DUO, TURBO EXPRESS SOUND FIX & MODS  (Read 1905 times)

turbokon

PC-ENGINE/TURBO DUO, TURBO EXPRESS SOUND FIX & MODS
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:41:32 PM »
Hello, I specialize in turbo's and pc-engine mods.  I am currently offering the following services:

Turbo Express/PC-ENGINE GT - Sound fix $20
Turbo Express/PC-ENGINE GT Video Fix (is backlighted but no picture) - $20
Turbo duo - Sound fix $35
Turbo Duo/PC-Engine duo opt amps upgrade - $35
Turbo Duo sound fix with opt amps upgrade $55
Turbo Duo/PC-Engine Duo - Composite mod $25
Turbo Duo/PC-Engine Duo/Turbo Grafx 16 - Region mod via pushbotton switch $45
`
These prices includes the cost of shipping back to you and these prices are for US resident only.  I will give discount for combine mods.   I  will also take turbo stuff like games, scrap unit and accessories in place of cash.

I will guarantee my work with a three month warranty period.  If within those three months, whatever repair or mod I made cease to function correctly, I will redo the repair or mod free of charge with no cost to you except for round trip shipping cost. I won't take responsibility for units that already had a mod or repair done by another party.  Therefore no warranty provided for those units.  If interested, please PM me.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:27:52 PM by turbokon »
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

SignOfZeta

Re: PC-ENGINE/TURBO DUO, TURBO EXPRESS SOUND FIX & MODS
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 04:15:14 PM »
Those are super cheap prices. I mod all my own systems and my friends' for free, but wouldn't even pick up my gamebit for those prices. If the work is good its the deal of the day.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 04:23:20 PM »
Yep,good prices for the most part,but your not as solidly established here as Nat is. Many people may be hard pressed to send someone new their stuff,so don't get down on yourself if you don't find too many takers at first. Nat and Dean are going to be the obvious first choices. What may be best is you work out a deal with Nat as part of a joint support team that can handle work for each others regions of the country or something,and divide amounts profit wise by how much work each member is doing. That is if you even live far apart enough to justify this kinda merger.

If you all could work out something like this I might be interested in joining the group for some light work here and there,but I have zero interest in taking away business from anyone otherwise or too large a work load because of my kids,my free time is limited. All that said my hat is tipped towards Nat currently just because hes known here longer and hes a great guy. Id be saying the exact same thing about you too probably Turbokon,but I don't know you enough yet. Either way I hope it works out for you and Nat both.

nat

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 04:48:32 PM »
To be honest, it's probably more trouble than it's worth to co-ordinate across the country. I'm here to help when needed, I'm not in need of quick cash. I have a day job that gets me by just fine. You guys here that know me know that I'll be around tomorrow, next week, next year, whatever and I'll tackle whatever you throw my way. When it comes to "labor cost" I'm extremely flexible, I'll negotiate based on the circumstances in every case. When it comes to cost of parts, that's pretty black and white and I'm not gonna take a loss but at the same time I'm not in it to make big bucks off anyone. I actually do it because I enjoy it and I figured I might as well help you guys out in the process, if at all possible.

All that said, I'm not going to be offended if someone goes with turbokon instead, who sounds like he could genuinely use the work right now. Like someone else pointed out, it's a free marketplace and especially in a community like this it's good to have more than one option.

I'll always be around, and my offer is always on the table. OK, I'm done hijacking turbokon's thread now...

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »
Its def good to have as many options available as possible,but this brings up a good point that needs to be mentioned now. There needs to be some kind of verification system set up so that people who jump on to offer these services are required to prove they can do them first,and not just by pics. they should be required to at least provide 3-5 solid references or submit work to a mod here so they (the mod) can make sure the person knows what they are doing and
can do it well. This will also keep members from being ripped off by people who plan to join,take the hardware and run.

turbokon

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 02:43:53 AM »
I know I'm not well established in this forum as the others, in fact this is the first forum I ever joined.  But please don't think that I will take your system and run.  I truly love the turbos and I wouldn't want to wish this to happen to any of you.  You can ask my wife (she get jealous sometime because I'm spending to much time with it). I have to lower my price to draw people in and when I become more established then I can probably charge as much as dean :D.  Please take a chance with me while my prices are low.  Its not that I need the money, I have a great job that pays well.  I want to buy turbo stuff without letting my know by not dipping into our shared checking account because she gets kind of naggy, you know what I mean.

I wouldn't mind sharing the load and profit with Nat or deanlite.

I will tell you what.  I'm willing to do mods for a few system for free (no labor cost) so that I can have a few good references to start.  Any takers?

www.tg16pcemods.com

Soviet Conscript

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 07:32:17 AM »
I know I'm not well established in this forum as the others, in fact this is the first forum I ever joined.  But please don't think that I will take your system and run.  I truly love the turbos and I wouldn't want to wish this to happen to any of you.  You can ask my wife (she get jealous sometime because I'm spending to much time with it). I have to lower my price to draw people in and when I become more established then I can probably charge as much as dean :D.  Please take a chance with me while my prices are low.  Its not that I need the money, I have a great job that pays well.  I want to buy turbo stuff without letting my know by not dipping into our shared checking account because she gets kind of naggy, you know what I mean.

I wouldn't mind sharing the load and profit with Nat or deanlite.

I will tell you what.  I'm willing to do mods for a few system for free (no labor cost) so that I can have a few good references to start.  Any takers?

seriously? i have a US duo i would love to get a region mod and a amp upgrade (right now the sound is ok but its only a matter of time).

Oh my god! They're not even human!

turbokon

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »

seriously? i have a US duo i would love to get a region mod and a amp upgrade (right now the sound is ok but its only a matter of time).

Seriously, just PM me.

www.tg16pcemods.com

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »
PM sent from me.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

turbokon

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
I am currently working on a turbo express and turbo duo for forum memeber Soviet Conscript and am expecting a turbo grafx for region switch mod from COUNT SMRIFNACK.  So there will be two good references for me  :pray:.  To meet the 3 good references mininum set fourth by Michael Helgeson, I extend my offer of no labor charge to the next taker.

www.tg16pcemods.com

nodtveidt

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »
I may be interested, though I will certainly pay for services rendered.

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 07:55:04 AM »
O.k. I got my TG 16 back from turbokon the other day.  He did the region mod for me as a trial for good reference, and all I can say is WOW!  He got my TG on a Friday and had it shipped out Priority Mail on Monday! Can't beat that.  The install is super clean looking too.  You wouldn't know the thing had been opened, and the switch is mounted perfectly.  The switch's button itself is of very good quality also, it doesn't feel "cheap".

I would recomend turbokon highly.  I am very pleased with his work and service. A+++++

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 08:03:36 AM »
Def looks good and solid. Enjoy!

nat

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 08:13:49 AM »
Awesome, gets the seal of approval from me! Great work, turbokon.

Turbo D

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 11:08:51 AM »
nice bravia dude  =P~