Author Topic: Rondo of Blood maybe be coming to the NA soon!  (Read 890 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Rondo of Blood maybe be coming to the NA soon!
« on: May 17, 2008, 07:39:45 PM »
It sounds like it's going to make it!  I have a credible source, that said "It is pending approval but the PCE CD version of Akumajou Dracula X Chii no Rondo will be coming out on the North American virtual console as well. It just launched in Japan recently."

This source, known as Portrait of Ruin, has been correct for the past several years on what to expect from the series, I've been reading her info.  I know it seems unlikely that some faceless name on the internet would know anything, but, let's just say she's wrong, 1% of the time. 

As for the game, I already own the original, & the PSP, but, when/if my wife gets me a Wii, I will download that as well.

nat

Re: Rondo of Blood maybe be coming to the NA soon!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:41:07 PM »
That's good news for the folks who don't feel like spending $80-$100 on the real deal.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 07:49:25 PM »
Sounds good; does she know if they're going to translate it?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »
If other JP imports released on the US VC are anything to go by, I would surmise the answer is "no."

GohanX

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 03:27:36 AM »
This is great news. Not necessarily for myself, but I plan on gifting it to some friends who have heard me talk for years about how excellent the game is.

Funny note - about a month ago, I stated that if Dracula X ever came out for the VC, I wouldn't buy another Duo since the VC is getting a lot of TG16 love.  It came out in Japan, but not here.  I ended up finding a good deal on a new Duo, so naturally right after I receive it we hear that Dracula X may be coming stateside.  Oh well, I love my Duo.

CosMind

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 09:23:47 AM »
i would say that its arrival in the states is a guarantee.
the translation is already complete - as it was done for the psp port.  so, it's a trivial amount of work for them to bring it here.  and, they know that they'll easily make back the insignificant amount of money it takes to get it going on vc.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 09:41:54 PM »
i would say that its arrival in the states is a guarantee.
the translation is already complete - as it was done for the psp port.  so, it's a trivial amount of work for them to bring it here.  and, they know that they'll easily make back the insignificant amount of money it takes to get it going on vc.

Exactly, it's already translated on the PSP, so, no big deal!  I'd ofcoarse love to see them translate other games as well, but, only time will tell.

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »
Awesome, I'm sure this will attract a ton of attention online once it's out. This would make another thing to mark off the list of things that would never happen.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

CosMind

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 03:57:11 AM »
Awesome, I'm sure this will attract a ton of attention online once it's out...

for surely.  and, we'll here the collective wail of all those who've been charging 150+ bones for a copy of the original game up to now.  time to watch their prices plummet ;)

nat

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 04:00:24 AM »
The prices won't plummet.

If anything, they'll get higher. Case in point: see Super Air Zonk, Dynastic Hero, etc.

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 05:02:46 AM »

If anything, they'll get higher. Case in point: see Super Air Zonk, Dynastic Hero, etc.

*whew* Good thing I bought PCE Dracula X when I could.

nodtveidt

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »

Possibly, but those games in particular are obscure and not very well received. Dracula X, on the other hand, is immensely popular and that's the only reason for the high price...it's in high demand. Other such games demand a high price due to rarity. Because Dracula X is actually a common game, the price is more likely to fall if released on VC stateside. It seems the price was mostly unaffected by the PSP release, meaning that the market wasn't threatened by it. But a VC release of the original game itself is another ball of wax.

nat

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »
You might be right; only time will tell for sure.

But my money is that the value of the "real" game will either not change at all, or it will go up.

We'll find out when it happens, though.

Keranu

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 05:08:09 PM »
Yeah I don't really sense a price drop, but we'll find out. I still haven't bought a real copy yet, I wonder if I should buy it before it's out on VC.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 03:04:03 AM »
Yeah I don't really sense a price drop, but we'll find out. I still haven't bought a real copy yet, I wonder if I should buy it before it's out on VC.

I know what you mean Keranu. I'm kicking myself for not getting a copy for $100 when I had the chance. Hell, I've even seen it go on eBay for between $75 - $80. Now the cheapest I can find is $128 or something.  ](*,)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"