Author Topic: So, Do You Think There Will Be Any More TG-16 Games on the Virtual Console?  (Read 2086 times)

doczoidberg

Virtual-Turbo.com is shutting down, as its owner feels the lack of TG-16 games on the VC is likely to continue....
 This depresses me, as there are so many more Turbo titles I would like to play.

And Nintendo is really annoying me with the terrible job they've done lately with the Virtual Console, in general. this Wiiware crap just doesn't appeal to me.

Anyone else feel the same?

Turbo D

It saddens me to see Virtual-Turbo.com go. I don't own a Wii or anything, but I really did enjoy that site for some reason! I don't have any beef with WiiWare since they have good releases like SuperStarSoldierR.

Sinistron

I didn't care for the fuzzed out tg emulations but I did rather enjoy the virtual-turbo site.  Hopefully he converts it to a regular pce review site.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Maybe they switched focus to WiiWare, and that's why new VC releases have all but disappeared.  Or maybe not, but at least there's two more Turbo titles scheduled for release (Ys and Final Soldier).  Even if those two do end up being the end, about a third of the Turbo's library is on the VC, and that ain't too shabby for Nintendo and its historical half-assedness.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

Maybe they switched focus to WiiWare, and that's why new VC releases have all but disappeared.
Nah, they have been pretty dry with VC releases for the past couple of months or so.

I think there will certianly be more TG16 games on the VC. It seems like there are plenty of games made by Hudson or games with licenses they can easily attain.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Nah, they have been pretty dry with VC releases for the past couple of months or so.

True, but at least they're still regularly releasing new titles to the peeps on the other side of the world.  With any luck, a few of those will trickle over to the States before too many people lose interest entirely.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
I hope not.

I'm getting tired of all the newbie Turbo Grafx talk from all the Wii fans around here.

"Guys did you play the latest Bonk?! LOL HE SO PWNS TEH N00Biez" <<<< eeeeeeee. nooooooo!!!!!

or ones where they, being Nintendo fans, start Neutopia vs. Zelda debates and talk about how lame Neutopia is, and how Jazeta is a wussy.

and I especially dislike the youtube reviews.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

:twisted:
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

TR0N

Virtual-Turbo.com is shutting down, as its owner feels the lack of TG-16 games on the VC is likely to continue....
 This depresses me, as there are so many more Turbo titles I would like to play.

And Nintendo is really annoying me with the terrible job they've done lately with the Virtual Console, in general. this Wiiware crap just doesn't appeal to me.

Anyone else feel the same?

No it's been like that for most release in the u.s for the vc.The last excuse that,NOA has stated there not making the money they want on the vc.Well duh if,they gave more then they would have more sales.I've also heard rumors that third partys have alot they wanna put on the vc...but noa is stoping them from doing so.Wich is mess up given how japan and europe are getting more release on the vc shesh.

Dunno maybe nintendo see's more profit in wii ware these days.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:58:26 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dark Fact

Nintendo is apparently not going to be putting out any more big name games on the VC until popularity for the Wii starts to decline as this article seems to indicate.

Way to pull our strings, Nintendo! :x

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Star Parodier was just released, I think Break In is released as well, Ys 1 & 2 is still on its way, but keeps hitting brick walls.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
That article makes it sound like Nintendo is doing everything they can to screw themselves.  There's nothing wrong with spreading out VC and WiiWare releases, but delaying them for so long is just going to drive third parties to the PS Network and/or Xbox Live Arcade.

Nintendo has a different perspective on the Virtual Console. To them, the Virtual Console is a way to sustain Wii momentum when no games are coming out.

Lame.  Why not develop more games and time their release to maintain momentum?

Dark Fact

Yup.  Star Parodier and Break In were indeed released for the VC this week.  I'm just glad to see the TG-16 put back in the spotlight once again. :)

*crosses fingers for Ys I & II*  :pray:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

nat

Re: So, Do You Think There Will Be Any More TG-16 Games on the Virtual Console?
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 02:01:58 PM »
They are releasing "Break In" over the hundreds of really good PCE/TG games that haven't been released yet? I feel like they're really getting to the bottom of the barrel here.

KingDrool

So what about the news/rumors that Hudson has decided to stop putting out games on the VC?  I've heard this twice now on 1up's Retronauts podcast (first two episodes in January).  Anyone have the inside scoop?
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

ParanoiaDragon

I sincerely doubt it, all their games seem to come in spurts, so, maybe in a month, will see a few games.  Drac X was still supposed to be a near deffinitly that it's coming to US VC, so, we should still see that, if not more.