Author Topic: WANTED: EGM Back issues from 1992-1995  (Read 961 times)

Keranu

WANTED: EGM Back issues from 1992-1995
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 05:53:48 AM »
That sounds like a totally rad cover for the first issue of GamePro!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 06:20:09 AM »
Quote from: "doomfarer75"
...I will also collaborate with steve666  by giving him stuff he doesn't have...hey my girlfriend has a scanner but I would hve to cut up the magazines in order to get steve his articles....is there another way?  -Josh

excellent!  thank you for your help doomfarer!  I meant to reply sooner to this thread but i got side-tracked on other posts.  

1. i would not want you to cut pages out of your magazines!  for selfish reasons I would say "yes, if that's the only way, send me the pages by themselves" ...but that's totally selfish!  we'll figure something out.  I don't mind doing the scanning myself (in fact, I'd prefer to do it)... so we'll see.  I would be more than willing to pay the postage (both ways) to send the entire magazines.  I'd scan the relevant portions and then return them to you ASAP.  I have trading references, plus my ebay account (stevek666), as some evidence that I won't scam you :) Hey, we all have to be careful! ;)

Quote from: "NFERNO1"
I know the cover of GamePro #1 has a picture of keith Courage, facing the Altered Beast Guy, NEC vs Sega. ...so I'm hopeful they'll have some interesting stuff. We'll see. I know that since it was a half-price store, the mags were about $1-$2 a piece, which I always thought was a little high for 10 year old magazines, but just so you know, in case you wanna have some sort of limit to what your wanting to spend. Then again, I may find diddly, and it won't matter   :P

I concur with Keranu, the first issue of gamepro sounds awesome, if only for the cover alone!!!!

If they are still only $2 a pop at the 1/2 price store, I will gladly pay you much more per issue (for your labors).  I'll make a list of my collection to avoid duplicates.  Plus, I will work with doomfarer on this, since there is likely to be an overlap between his interests and mine.  

Doom and NFERNO: Doomfarer has first dibs on all the console war magazines, plus any others he really wants... I'll take the remainder.  As I mentioned above, I'd be willing to pay for re-shipping magazines to Doom.  For example, I could pay for a bunch of magazines that Doom ultimately wanted, but I'd scan them first and then ship them to him, if he was kool with that arrangement.  At this point, I am most concerned with getting scans of TG16 content (including console wars stuff, if possible!) ... this way, hopefully, everyone will be happy.
  |    | 

doomfarer75

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 06:33:38 AM »
stevek666,  no problem..when my new games get here 3 old EGM's come with them so I'll check those out for you too...but yeah,  I have some old ones right now with Much Turbo Coverage...they are in rough shape some but scannable i bet...we can figure something out.  my videogame-related email is ****  for more sensitive information..just let me know how we would handle the money thing.  To serve a higher power, You can have 1st dibs at the gamepro as long as I can see the results on your site:).   then maybe I can buy it off you later.
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

esteban

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 06:52:25 AM »
hahhaaha.  you posted a reply and i didn't notice, since I kept editing and re-editing my post (i didn't think i was clear about everything).

i'll send you an email right now!  you might want to remove your email, or disguide it in your post (remove the "@" symbol") so you don't get spam :)
  |    | 

doomfarer75

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 07:01:29 AM »
cool..as i wait for your email, i think your idea is a good one..the mags should go thru you first,  then the ones that match my criteria can be sent to me,  and I'll pay you.  we'll work it out...boy..gates of thunder is such a badass game..whenever i get thru a tight spot  it's nervewracking bbut you never get time to celebrate..fantastic :o
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 03:14:01 PM »
I love Gates of Thunder, and the levels only get better after you beat one of them! I think level 5 has to be my favorite, with all the bugs and cool backgrounds and stuff :) .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2005, 08:26:33 AM »
GOT = sweetness.  This is a verifiable fact. :)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2005, 09:34:33 AM »
Lords of Thunder is sweetness as well. It's so hard to say which one is better. I might prefer Gates just a little more.