Author Topic: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?  (Read 35532 times)

quoth09

Re: Race is on B1tches!
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2009, 02:55:34 PM »
Yeah I beat the game- I know how it works- just really have a tough time believing you got that far your first game- for not only are those robots a pain in the ass but if I remember right there's some maze bits as well (and a timer?).  Axe 1 I still say is much easier- maybe I have it mastered from back in the day- but who knows.  Maybe you eat your Wheaties- or maybe you're the be-all-end-all master of the form or something- kind of like the power f*cking master metal shooter or whatever Zeta said he was.
I did die once on the chicken level my first time through, but I didn't find it that hard. I ran out of time on my first life in the last stage (futureistic maze) but then I decided to drop down to the bottom and see if there was anything and it turns out that's what you need to do. There's a checkpoint along the way. I noticed Axe II seems pretty liberal about enemy drops.

Sorry if the details of my adventure are only making your agony worse Sin!!  :^o

Just now coming across this thread and reading through it.

Good games being beaten here, but sorry I had to comment on this one. Legendary Axe II is pretty damn easy, but then again I used to beat it when I was a kid and played it a lot. I actually popped it in the system last week for a quick play and it pulled me in as usual, so I actually tried to find the nudity in the game (supposedly in the PCE version) and still didn't spot it. Either way, got all the way to the last boss and shut it off when I could have beat him easy. I have beaten the game too many times is why, and I got to the last boss without dying. Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. If I had the capability to make a video of me stomping the games ass, I would, because those chickens are a joke. The key is to hit them and go after them so they don't have a chance to shoot anything. The only part in the game that ever gives me a problem is the last stage, and it's not a maze really, just one side or the other, and the boss entrance is on the far left, but there are tons of extra stuff all over the place. Lots of dead ends. Even an appearance by the gold robot boss on the lightning tower level, as a regular enemy, in the hallway to the right side of the level, which is where you don't want to be if you are going for a speed run.
Warm milk, turkey, those can make you sleepy(well, the consumption of, you can't just hand around a turkey or a glass of warm milk, & expect to fall asleep).

Sinistron

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2009, 02:42:12 AM »
Yeah I beat the game- I know how it works- just really have a tough time believing you got that far your first game- for not only are those robots a pain in the ass but if I remember right there's some maze bits as well (and a timer?).  Axe 1 I still say is much easier- maybe I have it mastered from back in the day- but who knows.  Maybe you eat your Wheaties- or maybe you're the be-all-end-all master of the form or something- kind of like the power f*cking master metal shooter or whatever Zeta said he was.
I did die once on the chicken level my first time through, but I didn't find it that hard. I ran out of time on my first life in the last stage (futureistic maze) but then I decided to drop down to the bottom and see if there was anything and it turns out that's what you need to do. There's a checkpoint along the way. I noticed Axe II seems pretty liberal about enemy drops.

Sorry if the details of my adventure are only making your agony worse Sin!!  :^o

Just now coming across this thread and reading through it.

Good games being beaten here, but sorry I had to comment on this one. Legendary Axe II is pretty damn easy, but then again I used to beat it when I was a kid and played it a lot. I actually popped it in the system last week for a quick play and it pulled me in as usual, so I actually tried to find the nudity in the game (supposedly in the PCE version) and still didn't spot it. Either way, got all the way to the last boss and shut it off when I could have beat him easy. I have beaten the game too many times is why, and I got to the last boss without dying. Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. If I had the capability to make a video of me stomping the games ass, I would, because those chickens are a joke. The key is to hit them and go after them so they don't have a chance to shoot anything. The only part in the game that ever gives me a problem is the last stage, and it's not a maze really, just one side or the other, and the boss entrance is on the far left, but there are tons of extra stuff all over the place. Lots of dead ends. Even an appearance by the gold robot boss on the lightning tower level, as a regular enemy, in the hallway to the right side of the level, which is where you don't want to be if you are going for a speed run.

Yeah but playing it a lot when you're a kid makes it a different story- that's why I can run through Axe I so quickly- because I played the f*ck out of it back in the day- playing Axe II though now for the first time and reaching the last boss first game is a completely different thing.  If Rags really did it- I am impressed.

Played Alice in Wonderdream again last night- I can now get to the last guy on one game and with five heart containers- I know how I'm supposed to beat him now- you're supposed to jump on and then bounce high off of this Audrey II shit that pops out if his stomach and then on to his head- but I'm trying to figure out exactly HOW you bounce high- it doesn't happen all the time- seems to happen at random.  I try pressing jump again exactly on impact, I try landing while holding down jump- same thing- only happens when it wants to (bad programming perhaps? Or is there something I'm not doing right?).  As soon as I figure it out this game's in the can.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:52:58 AM by Sinistron »

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2009, 03:06:21 AM »
I actually popped it in the system last week for a quick play and it pulled me in as usual, so I actually tried to find the nudity in the game (supposedly in the PCE version) and still didn't spot it.

Here's da boobies, courtesy of the The Old Rover.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sinistron

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2009, 03:49:38 AM »
I actually popped it in the system last week for a quick play and it pulled me in as usual, so I actually tried to find the nudity in the game (supposedly in the PCE version) and still didn't spot it.

Here's da boobies, courtesy of the The Old Rover.

Damn I didn't realize that the US ending was censored...

rag-time4

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2009, 10:19:52 PM »
Got to the final boss in Shapeshifter tonight but he did me in! GRRR

I notice it's easier to dodge his three spread projectiles if you stay a bit closer. I'll take another shot at him soon.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31:52 PM »
man now I am itching to put that game in and play
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

rag-time4

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2009, 08:10:16 AM »
By God's Grace: Clear #14! Shape Shifter Clear!! This one took me quite a while! Had a lot of fun going through it. I really enjoyed the panther and it's unique control scheme. Getting comfortable with the panther was easily the highlight of the whole game for me.

I like how this screen from the ending ties in nicely with the axe games. I should have listened to runinruder and just not bought armor to maintain continuity with the Axe games.

Let the credits roll:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:22:54 AM by rag-time4 »

rag-time4

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2009, 08:57:30 PM »
Double Post!!

With the help of Allah: Clear #15! Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball clear!!

Played through two rounds of world tournament as well as the quest mode! Once I figured out the distance for kunio's running shot this one was pretty easy. I still haven't mastered the jumping super shots. It's different from the NES version, where you could run any number of steps and do a jumping super shot with every character except paul from the All-Stars. The catching is far less forgiving in the PCE version than it is in the NES version, so the difficulty is a bit higher overall than it was on the NES.

World tournament: (sekai taikai)

Quest mode:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:59:49 PM by rag-time4 »

rag-time4

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2009, 10:47:14 AM »
Triple post!!

With the help of Allah, Clear #16! Ninja Spirit PC-Engine Mode and Arcade Mode Clear!!!

For me the increase in difficulty in Arcade mode was quite significant. I cleared PC-Engine mode in about 2 hours (stage 5 taking about 5 minutes), but Arcade mode was much tougher! All in all an excellent action game. Deserves every bit of the praise it receives!

PCE Mode:

Arcade Mode:

jperryss

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2009, 01:55:45 PM »
On Ninja Spirit arcade mode:  :clap: :clap:

I can get through PCE mode without using a continue :D but I haven't completed arcade mode yet. The one-hit kill makes for a BIG difficulty jump and I always get stuck around the second-to-last stage.

Sinistron

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »
Clear #77- Alice in Wonderdream

Once I figured out the high bounce this game became pretty jokey...you have to quickly press the jump button twice as you bounce off an enemy- a sure way to do it too is to quickly put turbo jump on and press when you're about to land on an enemy.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:23:23 PM by Sinistron »

Sinistron

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2009, 02:18:22 AM »
:oops: I had Blazing Lazers back when it first came out- and I only NOW realized that blasting the changing bonuses into flash bombs also gives you a respawn at death.  Always figured it was some random thing.
Anyway- stayed home today- waiting for the dentist to call me back- figured I'd bust up Blazing Lazers- LOOOOONG overdue- this time did it with three deaths- no continues- and ended the game with 67 lives- I'm guessing you get fifty after beating the final boss.

Clear #78 - Blazing Lazers

rag-time4

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2009, 08:05:56 AM »
:oops: I had Blazing Lazers back when it first came out- and I only NOW realized that blasting the changing bonuses into flash bombs also gives you a respawn at death.  Always figured it was some random thing.
Anyway- stayed home today- waiting for the dentist to call me back- figured I'd bust up Blazing Lazers- LOOOOONG overdue- this time did it with three deaths- no continues- and ended the game with 67 lives- I'm guessing you get fifty after beating the final boss.

Clear #78 - Blazing Lazers

That's awesome that you discovered the secret of the respawn! I bet it's the same in SSS. I don't think Laurent at videogameden.com knows about this. In his SSS or Gunhed review he says he doesn't know what causes the respawn.

nat

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2009, 11:38:09 AM »
Yeah, it's the same for both games.

Sinistron

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
Clear #79 - MotoRoader (normal circuit)

I actually beat this before- but I never marked it as clear.  Wasn't about to mark it as clear without beating it again  :) - just for the hell of it...

See what happens Rags?  :P
You clear three- I clear three...

Seriously though- thanks for feeding my fire over here.  Too bad you only have 16 clears...  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:36:21 PM by Sinistron »