Author Topic: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?  (Read 35487 times)

shubibiman

Re: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #675 on: September 30, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »
Congrats on this one. I never managed to beat that SOAB.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #676 on: October 01, 2013, 04:06:14 AM »
It took me a bunch of tries and my thumb was hurting so I had to take a break. The bosses first move is that circle he does around you and I think that's the key to beating it. If you can beat the first part without getting hit you should be able to beat him. The pattern for the first move is a lot easier to memorize than the second part so just focus on the pattern for the first part and try to spin around and beat it quickly.
The second part where he has all the shadows also has a bit of a pattern and you can get a couple really good hits right at the beginning where his first attack he goes straight across the bottom, if you start on the lower left side you can knife him a couple times and shoot him all the way across the screen. If you pull that off then you can knock his second form lifebar almost in half.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #677 on: October 01, 2013, 07:15:07 AM »

It took me a bunch of tries and my thumb was hurting so I had to take a break. The bosses first move is that circle he does around you and I think that's the key to beating it. If you can beat the first part without getting hit you should be able to beat him. The pattern for the first move is a lot easier to memorize than the second part so just focus on the pattern for the first part and try to spin around and beat it quickly.
The second part where he has all the shadows also has a bit of a pattern and you can get a couple really good hits right at the beginning where his first attack he goes straight across the bottom, if you start on the lower left side you can knife him a couple times and shoot him all the way across the screen. If you pull that off then you can knock his second form lifebar almost in half.

Now it's time for you to beat BW 2 and BW 3...IN ONE SITTING (I allowed myself breaks...Le Lunch, Le pottee)...

Join the small club (not that it's difficult, it's just that folks move on to other games). I forget who did it besides me...maybe an old thread has the crazy tales (it may have been a different forum).  

Blazing Lazers on "God of Game" mode is much scarier than anything Bloody Wolf offers, though.  
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:20:50 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #678 on: October 01, 2013, 04:27:33 PM »
#35 Kabuki Itoryoudan
Awesome game! The only thing I didn't like were the special moves for most characters were too hard to pull off so you just end up spamming the opponent with a special and a low kick in a loop till they die. Great cinematics, music and animation though. Fun game!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

shubibiman

« Reply #679 on: October 01, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
I thought on the contrary that the gameplay was very street-fighter-2-like so the special moves were easy to pull off. The real flaw of this game to me is the lack of characters. 8 to choose from is a little too few.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

« Reply #680 on: October 06, 2013, 01:42:41 AM »
Bloody Wolf 2 & 3: Who will join my club? You can beat these versions of the game. Post pics when you do.

That is all. 
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #681 on: November 22, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »
Haven't had much time to play lately :(
Tonight I got clear #36 Psychic Storm :)

This one is just too easy.... Once you are powered up you pretty much just breeze through every level.

The artwork and mechanics are nice but there really is little to no challenge. Would have been a lot better if the enemies had more interesting or unpredictable patterns and your ship was faster.
6/10

esteban

« Reply #682 on: November 22, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »
Haven't had much time to play lately :(

This one is just too easy.... Once you are powered up you pretty much just breeze through every level.

The artwork and mechanics are nice but there really is little to no challenge. Would have been a lot better if the enemies had more interesting or unpredictable patterns and your ship was faster.
6/10

This game had potential to be pretty neat.

I suppose it is OK for folks who only dabble with shoot-em-ups, but I'm still surprised the challenge didn't ramp up...

|    | 

elnino

« Reply #683 on: November 26, 2013, 02:53:41 AM »
(...)
The artwork and mechanics are nice but there really is little to no challenge.

If you use the blue ship with the laser then it's really pretty easy as soon as you get some power-ups. However, I found it quite challenging with any of the other ships, especially the green one with this phallus-like sword sticking out of the front which is probably one of the worst weapons ever (no obeying here).
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #684 on: November 26, 2013, 04:24:05 AM »
(...)
I actually might replay it with that one, I haven't seen his weapon fully powered up yet. The last boss though didn't even shoot me once. It's just too weird. When it's on manual too you can just save your transformation for the bosses, might be a bit more challenging if it's set to automatic.l

If you use the blue ship with the laser then it's really pretty easy as soon as you get some power-ups. However, I found it quite challenging with any of the other ships, especially the green one with this phallus-like sword sticking out of the front which is probably one of the worst weapons ever (no obeying here).

elnino

« Reply #685 on: November 26, 2013, 04:54:55 PM »
(...)

I actually might replay it with that one, I haven't seen his weapon fully powered up yet. The last boss though didn't even shoot me once. It's just too weird. When it's on manual too you can just save your transformation for the bosses, might be a bit more challenging if it's set to automatic.l

If you set the transformation to automatic, you morph whenever your lifebar decreases to the danger level. Since that almost never happens except for the boss battles (at least for me), it's basically the same as playing with manual transformation and saving them for the bosses.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

gbapalyer

« Reply #686 on: December 15, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
i´ll be back soon. ;)

hope you missed me? ^^
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

roflmao

« Reply #687 on: December 18, 2013, 03:15:42 PM »
Can't wait to see your next clear!

lukester

« Reply #688 on: December 21, 2013, 09:24:14 AM »
Never replied before, but here's a quickie list of my clears.

legendary axe
bonk's adventure
side arms
sonson ii
aero blasters
street fighter ii
fatal fury special
strider
galaga 88
jackie chan
gradius
parodius
salamander
legend of tonma
vigilante
parasol stars
bomberman 93
ninja spirit
fantasy zone
new adventure island
samurai ghost
splatterhouse

Yes, yes, there are still many more games I must beat. :D

munchiaz

« Reply #689 on: December 22, 2013, 10:48:15 AM »
I have a long way to catch up to you guys. Almost ashamed.

#9 Ys III - Really fun game. Great music, good gameplay, bad,but good voice acting. It was also pretty easy as well