Author Topic: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?  (Read 35286 times)

PunkicCyborg

Re: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #690 on: December 22, 2013, 05:44:46 PM »
Nice one Munchiaz, ever figure out what the necklace did??  :lol:

Clear #37 Cotton!!!!
This is one I feel really good about. I popped this game in a couple times and didn't understand how to play it but once I got some pointers I picked it up quickly. This game has the perfect learning curve and the difficulty scale is gradual and challenging. Every time I played I got a little further and further until I finally beat it on 1cc and got to stage 3 of the second loop. The second loop is very hard though because if you loose your faeries and you go down to the pea shooter it's nearly possible to kill enemies and get back to powered up. Enemies take a lot more to kill especially the bosses.
This was a totally awesome game and has become one of my top 10 pce game. I really encourage everyone who has this and not spent much time with it to give it some more practice. This is one of the most enjoyable shooters and is on par with Lords of Thunder.
link to score https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=4529.msg325646#msg325646
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

gbapalyer

« Reply #691 on: December 22, 2013, 07:09:49 PM »
nice one punkic. :)
i also own Cotton on PCE but i never played it. i know the Neo Geo Pocket Color Version which i liked a lot.
guess i have to try the PCE Version soon.
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

munchiaz

« Reply #692 on: December 23, 2013, 02:46:10 AM »
Yeah @punkic, i found out what the necklace did. Came in handy during the last battle. Nice one with Cotton. I think i have gotten to stage 5 in that one. Its pretty challenging

lukester

« Reply #693 on: December 23, 2013, 08:08:11 AM »
Great job Punkic!

Cotton was a very enjoyable clear for me. Would like to own it again someday.

esteban

« Reply #694 on: December 24, 2013, 01:35:11 AM »
I thought I'd be fine without Cotton in my life.

But now I'm reading all this intriguing stuff about the series in general...I suppose I was wrong for discounting the series.

I can't even remember if I traded the PCE game for something else years back. I remember getting pretty damn far, but I know I never beat it.

It will be an XMAS miracle if I can dig it out tonight.
  |    | 

SuperPlay

« Reply #695 on: December 30, 2013, 09:57:32 AM »
#24 Jim Power

Not sure if I should admit to clearing this one ;-) LOL  The game-play reminds me of Shadow of the Beast!

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #696 on: December 30, 2013, 05:30:49 PM »
#38 Gomola Speed
Got this one for secret santa from Arkhan. This is one of the best presents EVER cause this game is so freaking good. Thanks so much man!
I was instantly hooked when I started playing it. I have been on a UPL kick lately and never really looked into this one. I love puzzle/action games like this. The levels are fast and fun and not too frustrating but not too easy either. The graphics and animation is buttery smooth, the sound affects and music is excellent for a hu card the gameplay is fun and exciting.
I really like the style of everything, very Irem rtype/x multiply era and Geiger-esque.
I'm going to give this one a 9/10 because at 25 levels it's a bit short for a puzzle game but other than that I don't think there is anything they could have added to this one to make it better.
Underdog hu card of the year for me and a totally awesome game to end 2013 with.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #697 on: December 31, 2013, 12:08:09 AM »

Gomola Speed

#24 Jim Power

Not sure if I should admit to clearing this one ;-) LOL  The game-play reminds me of Shadow of the Beast!

I remember getting frustrated in this game...I never beat it. Now I have to beat it simply for that awesome portrait of Jim "Euro" Power and his Lady. 

|    | 

SuperPlay

« Reply #698 on: January 03, 2014, 02:07:26 AM »
#25 Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

Another one cleared :-)  Took roughly around 7hrs

roflmao

« Reply #699 on: January 03, 2014, 09:45:04 AM »
#25 Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

Another one cleared :-)  Took roughly around 7hrs

Awesome.  I think I'm going to have to start mine over.  I have a save right at the end where I've beaten the first boss, but I wasted all my goodies on him and have such low health that I just can't beat the second one.  And I can't seem to get out of the maze to go back to town to restock.  Soooo close.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #700 on: January 03, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »
Yeah I could play Ys III any time :)
Is Ys IV up next Superplay?? I tried to space them out a bit when I was playing the series but couldn't resist and played Ys III and IV back to back.

SuperPlay

« Reply #701 on: January 04, 2014, 01:52:00 AM »
roflmao: Keep going for it  :-)

PunkicCyborg: I am not sure if I am going to jump straight into IV, I may have a go at something else first.  I have just checked and the last time I cleared I/II it was 3 years ago, hopefully I will not leave it this long ;-)

shubibiman

« Reply #702 on: January 04, 2014, 05:38:50 AM »
Here are some pics of my latest clears. It's missing Download, for which I forgot to take a pic :

Formation Soccder Human Cup 90 :

Nexzr :

Afterburner :

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

munchiaz

« Reply #703 on: January 04, 2014, 06:25:58 AM »
#10 YsIII

Game was really fun. It was short, but thats not really a bad thing. I love RPGs but i don't always have the time to play one for 40+ hours. The music was badass, and it wasn't to hard

thesteve

« Reply #704 on: January 04, 2014, 10:50:46 PM »
Just got MSR, and played it strait through
Did the same with CF2 when I got the chance (long game)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2