Author Topic: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?  (Read 35503 times)

roflmao

Re: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #705 on: January 05, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »
Just got MSR, and played it strait through
Did the same with CF2 when I got the chance (long game)

I too finished MSR within the first couple of days of owning it (though I've been meaning to play through the extra stuff).  And I'm currently playing through Cosmic Fantasy 2.  I just met up with the cat character, but one thing that irks me about this game are the uneven boss fights.  Most are dead easy, then you come across a boss that's tough as nails.  I've got to refight the boss you encounter right after meeting the cat because I wasn't even close to being strong enough to beat him.  Grinding, here I come. :)

lukester

« Reply #706 on: January 10, 2014, 01:03:17 PM »
Beat Detana Twinbee!

Fantastic shmup. Full of pure fun and character. Wish it had the 6th level from the Arcade though.

Almost 1CCed it too...

lukester

« Reply #707 on: January 12, 2014, 02:38:49 AM »
Now also beat Bomberman 94!

Still gotta beat Bomberman (1989).

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #708 on: January 12, 2014, 03:11:20 AM »
Nice clears luke, get some pics of the FIN screens :D
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #709 on: January 17, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »
Clear #39 Youkaidouchuuki
This was one of the toughest games for me to beat. It's so short but it is incredibly tough and cruel. If anyone want's to ever try and take it on I can offer lots of advice but be warned, you will hate life by the millionth time you die. The platforming elements and stuff in this game are simple. What makes it hard is the random enemies that come into the screen just to kill you. If you spend too long anywhere these red fireball guys just come right at you and it's game over. In fact if I had two words to describe this game they'd be GAME OVER.
Anyways.... I am so glad to beat this finally, took 4 solid nights of hardcore playing to finally clear it and I never EVER want to play this again :D I almost love this game but at the same time it angers and frustrates me so much that I kind of hate it.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #710 on: January 18, 2014, 01:31:49 AM »
Clear #39 Youkaidouchuuki
This was one of the toughest games for me to beat. It's so short but it is incredibly tough and cruel. If anyone want's to ever try and take it on I can offer lots of advice but be warned, you will hate life by the millionth time you die. The platforming elements and stuff in this game are simple. What makes it hard is the random enemies that come into the screen just to kill you. If you spend too long anywhere these red fireball guys just come right at you and it's game over. In fact if I had two words to describe this game they'd be GAME OVER.
Anyways.... I am so glad to beat this finally, took 4 solid nights of hardcore playing to finally clear it and I never EVER want to play this again :D I almost love this game but at the same time it angers and frustrates me so much that I kind of hate it.

I remember the pain of this game, but I don't think I ever came close to beating it.

Not that I would betray Battle Royale, but I think I'll have to play this game soon. Very soon.

There is a challenge inherent in your post: only the hahdkawr need apply.

Well, damn, that's a wonderful opportunity for a masochist like me.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:33:31 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

shubibiman

« Reply #711 on: January 18, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »
Wow! Now that's a nice clear ! I've never beat that game. Idon't think I ever will.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

toymachine78

« Reply #712 on: January 19, 2014, 04:09:37 AM »

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #713 on: January 19, 2014, 04:49:56 AM »
Wow! Now that's a nice clear ! I've never beat that game. Idon't think I ever will.
you can doo eet!
Seriously you probably can if you have some patience

SuperPlay

« Reply #714 on: January 19, 2014, 06:50:52 AM »
#26: Dead Moon

Finally made it!

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #715 on: January 19, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »
#26: Dead Moon

Finally made it!
1cc? I thought it was annoying that it's hard to get a capture of your score at the end. I still need a 1cc of it, I used one continue and fealt like I really needed to 1cc it to feel good about beating it.

Here's #40 for me
Battle Royal, first game in the game of the week thread
mini review and stuff here https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16079.msg329192#msg329192

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #716 on: January 20, 2014, 05:19:58 AM »
Even I beat it without continuing, punky.  If you can beat down Youkai Douchuuki, you can beat Dead Moon.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

lukester

« Reply #717 on: January 20, 2014, 01:34:40 PM »
I used a passcode to beat Youkai Douchuuki. Final level was a bitch.

Bullshit pious system too. Not even a good port, either.

gbapalyer

« Reply #718 on: January 21, 2014, 05:44:41 AM »
IAM BAAAAACK !

Benkei Gaiden

20 hours

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:49:30 AM by gbapalyer »
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #719 on: January 21, 2014, 06:11:22 AM »
I used a passcode to beat Youkai Douchuuki. Final level was a bitch.

Bullshit pious system too. Not even a good port, either.
How did you do that? there's no password in game. You can't make most the jumps in the last level if you don't have the drink you buy at the store. I thought it was a pretty good port considering the year.