Author Topic: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?  (Read 35362 times)

PunkicCyborg

Re: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #765 on: July 16, 2014, 10:02:19 AM »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

DAAAAAAMN
*bows*

Dude I've been playing this game for years and I can't even beat level 4. This is one of the hardest games I've ever played, you are truly the PCE game clearing master
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

shubibiman

« Reply #766 on: July 16, 2014, 10:24:51 AM »
Level 4 is definitely the hardest level of that game. Level 5 is a piece of cake and level 6 is ok as long as you memorize the right path.

But yeah, level 4 is way too difficult, with the little balls bouncing at you randomly.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

munchiaz

« Reply #767 on: July 26, 2014, 07:16:56 AM »
14. Dungeon Explorer

Game was a lot of fun, and I'm sure its even more fun playing co-op. Really wish i could try DE II but at its current price point, i don't see that happening for a long time

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #768 on: July 26, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »
14. Dungeon Explorer

Game was a lot of fun, and I'm sure its even more fun playing co-op. Really wish i could try DE II but at its current price point, i don't see that happening for a long time

Sweet! I shamefully haven't even really played my copy enough to figure out the game. As for DEII, just get a JP copy and slide a cdr of the US one behind the real disk, nobody will know but you ;)
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

roflmao

« Reply #769 on: July 26, 2014, 04:44:37 PM »
Sweet! I shamefully haven't even really played my copy enough to figure out the game. As for DEII, just get a JP copy and slide a cdr of the US one behind the real disk, nobody will know but you ;)

That's what I ended up doing. :mrgreen:

Congrats, btw! It's been ages since I finished DE (like 20 years and always had friends - never solo). What a feat.  I normally dont get past the second boss solo these days.  I really need to obey better...

TR0N

« Reply #770 on: July 26, 2014, 07:55:33 PM »
14. Dungeon Explorer

Congrats man yeah like with gauntlet it's more fun with 4ps.For DEII,if you really want it the PCE version is often cheap and it's menu are in english.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

shubibiman

« Reply #771 on: July 29, 2014, 10:30:32 AM »
-Valis 4

I HATE that mothaf...... last boss  ](*,)

But I beat him anyway  :dance:

geise

« Reply #772 on: July 29, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »
Level 4 is definitely the hardest level of that game. Level 5 is a piece of cake and level 6 is ok as long as you memorize the right path.

But yeah, level 4 is way too difficult, with the little balls bouncing at you randomly.
It's not the balls it's the slow down.  It even affects how your ship can shoot.  I also noticed the level 4 boss is harder if you actually have a weapon like the lightning bolt.  What I mean by that is the boss shoots out more enemies making it harder to get behind it to take outi it's weak point.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:04:29 PM by geise »

shubibiman

« Reply #773 on: July 29, 2014, 09:21:58 PM »
I've never noticed that level 4 boss was harder with the lightning bolt. Anyway, I'd rather beat him with the blue weapon or even without any weapon at all. I managed to beat him a couple of times with no extra weapon. I got lucky then but it's still feasible.

geise

« Reply #774 on: July 30, 2014, 02:35:52 AM »
I've never noticed that level 4 boss was harder with the lightning bolt. Anyway, I'd rather beat him with the blue weapon or even without any weapon at all. I managed to beat him a couple of times with no extra weapon. I got lucky then but it's still feasible.
Yeah I got behind the boss easy with no weapon, but while timing the lightning field on the weak point i accidentally ran into the wall. 

shubibiman

« Reply #775 on: August 03, 2014, 02:47:04 AM »
-Genji Tsuushin Agedama

shubibiman

« Reply #776 on: August 15, 2014, 09:48:31 AM »
Tatsujin !

I usually play my games in default settings but I must admit that I used the debug mode cheat code in order to clear this one. But with a little training, I might be able to clear it in normal mode.

Plus, I made it to the third boss of the second loop and it didn't seem more difficult to me. Maybe I will try to clear both loops one day.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:53:00 AM by shubibiman »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #777 on: August 15, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »
Pffft, cheater mode.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

shubibiman

« Reply #778 on: August 15, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »
I'll post a new clear screen when I clear it in normal mode  8)

shubibiman

« Reply #779 on: August 16, 2014, 07:58:31 AM »
-Beyond Shadowgate

This review by Ivanec from Thebrothersduomazov perfectly reflects my thoughts on this game.

I keep on rolling : Forgotten Worlds  :dance:

Really nice conversion but it's a shame it was not released as a Supergrafx game, it would have been nearly arcade perfect, with a two player mode, a second BG layer and less flickering.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:22:09 AM by shubibiman »