Author Topic: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?  (Read 35346 times)

roflmao

Re: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #840 on: July 17, 2015, 07:28:28 PM »
#48 Star Parodier

I love Star Parodier. What did you think of it? Too easy?

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #841 on: July 18, 2015, 01:26:50 AM »
#48 Star Parodier
Way too easy. I had about 20 lives left over!

I love Star Parodier. What did you think of it? Too easy?
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

jtucci31

« Reply #842 on: July 18, 2015, 12:58:38 PM »
Yeah I remember getting a little stuck on the stage with all the bubbles or whatever. But I had so many lives that I still beat, it just helped me to rack up my high score at the end. I need to try this again on the harder difficulty.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #843 on: July 25, 2015, 09:13:40 AM »
#49 Travel Epuru
This was fun but got to be pretty simple once you learned how stupid the games AI is. Still would recommend since it's so cheap and has very nice cutscenes. I haven't tried the 2 player vs mode yet though. Interestingly when you play vs mode with only 1 controller, you controller both players with the same input so it is almost like Binary Land on Famicom.
I also found out there is a "high res" mode by toggling up and down while it's paused to give it an arcade style resolution or something.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #844 on: July 27, 2015, 05:06:19 AM »
Heh, nice punky.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

wildfruit

« Reply #845 on: July 27, 2015, 08:56:44 AM »
#2 Ys III
not bad but not as good as Ys IV
Yes I'm playing them backwards
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:03:13 AM by wildfruit »

jtucci31

« Reply #846 on: July 27, 2015, 10:20:37 AM »
I've wanted to start getting in on this thread, so hopefully I will more as I clear more and more.

Clear 12: PC Genjin 2/Bonk's Revenge

Finally beat this one. Now onto PC Genjin 3! (Also found out I need to get better at taking these end game pictures. I usually take pictures at the end, but they're always terrible regardless)

munchiaz

« Reply #847 on: August 03, 2015, 05:51:50 AM »
#20. Valis 1
Last night i played and beat Valis 1 on the PCE. I played this a few months back, got to the end and couldn' beat it. The game also froze on me while playing a few months ago at the end, which caused me to not play it for awhile. I started playing again this weekend, and i made it to the end again on Friday and Saturday. The game is pretty easy overall. The only hard part is the last stage, and mainly just the first form of the final boss.

Yesterday however, i was determined to beat this damn game. So i played it, got all the way to the end boss without dying once. Then it was game over screen, after game over screen. Once you die in this game, you lose most of your weapon power ups, and MP, so it just makes it even more difficult. After hitting the game over screen about 6-7 times (trying different patterns of cheesing out the 1st form of the end boss) I realized the easiest way to end this boss would be to use the sword power up and take it as slow as possible.

I was able to defeat the first form of the end boss with half of my HP left. The second form has a very distinct patter that doesn't change at all so its just a matter of surviving and getting enough damage in. I was able to beat him with 1 hit point of life left. I literally screamed "f*ck YEAH!!!" when it was all said and done.

on to the next one........

esteban

« Reply #848 on: August 03, 2015, 10:10:09 AM »
Hell yeah! Valis I, done.
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #849 on: August 06, 2015, 07:52:10 AM »
Clear 13: Salamander 1cc

Woo. Been playing it for the past day. I had pretty much every pattern down and had it all figured out, it was just a matter of not f*cking up and getting cocky. I really love this game. Now I have to try it on expert mode, but for now I'm content. Slowly getting better at shooters (but not really. working my way up).

Clear 14: Atlantean 1cc

I just put it on my previous post so as to not double post. Plus I'm still the last one so whatever. I said what I wanted to in the high score thread but just to reiterate, I love the tunes! Great game. Had a lot of fun playing through this one.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:52:04 AM by jtucci31 »

Bardoly

« Reply #850 on: August 07, 2015, 07:56:02 PM »
Clear 13: Salamander

Woo. Been playing it for the past day. I had pretty much every pattern down and had it all figured out, it was just a matter of not getting cocky. I really love this game. Now I have to try it on expert mode, but for now I'm content. Slowly getting better at shooters (but not really. working my way up).

Nice clear!
I loved Life Force on the NES, and I  beat it many times.  I have yet to beat this incarnation of the game though.

I'm sure that my failure to beat Salamander yet has nothing to do with the fact that the 30-life Life Force Konami code doesn't work for Salamander...  Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself.

lukester

« Reply #851 on: August 09, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »
Beat Override today! I even 1CCed it. I would include a picture but the attachments folder doesn't seem to work for me. My score was 1383720, on stage 2 of the second loop (so 2-2?)

It's nice to find a new game that's easy but still a true classic.

This is probably clear #45 or something, I don't have a proper list at the moment, but I've beat over 40 games.

munchiaz

« Reply #852 on: August 10, 2015, 06:06:31 AM »
#21. Bonk's Adventure.

Beat this one last night. I played it in the past but got to the end and i couldn't best Kroll. This was when i wasn't aware how the turbo switch makes this game much easier. Played through it again last night, ans breezed through the game. On to Bonk's revenge next.

esteban

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #853 on: August 10, 2015, 07:00:21 AM »
#21. Bonk's Adventure.

Beat this one last night. I played it in the past but got to the end and i couldn't best Kroll. This was when i wasn't aware how the turbo switch makes this game much easier. Played through it again last night, ans breezed through the game. On to Bonk's revenge next.

REAL MEN BEAT THE GAME WITHOUT AUTO-FIRE.

munchiaz :)
  |    | 

lukester

« Reply #854 on: August 10, 2015, 08:49:19 AM »
Didn't expect to post in here today.

Beat Makai Prince Dorabo Chan on one continue. Decent platformer, though considering it's from Red I would've expected it to be as good as Bonk. It's better than Dragon Egg though.

The art style was very nice. The different armors were pointless though, there should have been only one.