Author Topic: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?  (Read 35457 times)

jtucci31

Re: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #870 on: August 17, 2015, 07:54:55 PM »
Clear 16: Makai Prince Dorabocchan

I like this for what it's worth. Decent platforming. Not the best, but I still enjoyed it a lot. The art style is pretty cool as well as the Makai Prince himself. Music was repetitive but I actually liked that as well. The controls seemed a little off as quickly turning and then attacking/shooting/whatever seemed delayed and off. So you had to make strategic jumps. Some of the boss designs were pretty cool too, but in world/level 5 I found a spot where I could just keep going back for more lives. So I had about 18 lives going into the final boss. I think it shoots flames that turn into a swastika. Or maybe that's just me (though he does have a Star of David belt buckle from the looks of it).

I had been on a shooter kick having beaten 3 in a row, but now I want to do some platformers. Or at least divide my time wisely. This was my first game beaten using my TGCD setup, and also the first game I've beaten since having moved back to school. Here's to a good semester :mrgreen:

esteban

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #871 on: August 18, 2015, 06:08:15 AM »
Not a swastika, a manji. :)
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #872 on: August 18, 2015, 06:38:37 AM »
Aha! Thank you for that and pardon my ignorance. I figured I was wrong to some degree. Much appreciated!

esteban

« Reply #873 on: August 18, 2015, 10:51:16 AM »

Aha! Thank you for that and pardon my ignorance. I figured I was wrong to some degree. Much appreciated!

Well, it is basically the same symbol, but we associate it with Nazis.

I had the same reaction as yours many years ago when I was in a restaurant and asked my friend why a Buddhist restaurant would have a psychedelic, glowing Swastika on display.

I was half-joking. :)
  |    | 

shubibiman

« Reply #874 on: August 23, 2015, 05:24:41 AM »
Dungeon Explorer !

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

jtucci31

« Reply #875 on: August 24, 2015, 06:23:23 PM »
Clear 17: Override (GoTW) 1cc

If I'm going to start beating lots of the GoTW games (which I hope I do), I may have to consolidate all of my posts to one. So this may just turn into my GoTW post so as not to start spamming this entire thread.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:59:07 PM by jtucci31 »

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #876 on: August 24, 2015, 06:39:36 PM »
Spam it up tucci, love seeing all those clear pics. In my opinion this is the best thread on the forum
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

blueraven

« Reply #877 on: August 24, 2015, 06:47:30 PM »
I recently beat the Addams family, but forgot to take a picture, so I'll beat it again and update this.

ITS BACK ON, BITCHES.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

reno5

« Reply #878 on: August 25, 2015, 07:51:20 AM »
I'm working on Dungeon Explorer. Finally found some time to play !

jtucci31

« Reply #879 on: August 25, 2015, 07:58:41 AM »
Spam it up tucci, love seeing all those clear pics. In my opinion this is the best thread on the forum

I agree. I was looking back through this thread last night. It looked really awesome in the beginning. Makes me want to beat every single game I own and then some. Hope I can catch up to you higher folks. Need to start playing games I own so it shows up on pcedai

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #880 on: August 25, 2015, 09:12:26 AM »

I agree. I was looking back through this thread last night. It looked really awesome in the beginning. Makes me want to beat every single game I own and then some. Hope I can catch up to you higher folks. Need to start playing games I own so it shows up on pcedai
Yeah I wish there was a way to mark a game as cleared  without adding it to your collection
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

jtucci31

« Reply #881 on: August 25, 2015, 06:46:45 PM »
Yeah I wish there was a way to mark a game as cleared  without adding it to your collection

It would be nice if there were two separate lists, one for clears and one for your collection. But I guess this thread does just fine :)

Clear 18: Street Fighter II

I've owned this for quite a little while and finally beat it. With Ryu on normal. Not that great at the fighting games. It's one of the most cleared games on pcedai so I figured I'd give it a shot finally and sit down and play through the whole thing. Thankfully still finding time to play some Turbo while at school. Workload hasn't kicked in high gear yet, so I have some time to get some more games cleared.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:53:27 PM by jtucci31 »

lukester

« Reply #882 on: August 26, 2015, 07:59:39 AM »
Clear 53: Kaze Kiri

It's definitely a game with very good presentation. Some level variety would have been nice, but the control is incredibly satisfying. I'm also a fan of games like Vigilante so the gameplay was a step up with the amazing boss fights.

I used 2 continues via the stage select in the option menu. Those last few levels are tough. I didn't kill the princess though.

reno5

« Reply #883 on: September 14, 2015, 03:29:06 AM »
I finally cleared Dungeon Explorer. Had a great time doing so.

jtucci31

« Reply #884 on: October 23, 2015, 12:05:45 PM »
Clear 19: The Legend of Xanadu

I have a new favorite PCE game and I can't wait to replay it when the translation comes out. 8)