Author Topic: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?  (Read 35500 times)

shawnji

Re: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?
« Reply #885 on: November 07, 2015, 10:30:59 AM »
Beat Bomberman '93 today:

It was good fun.  I died a lot figuring out the last boss' pattern, but overall, an easy clear.  I was in the mood for another HuCard, so I threw in Shubibinman, which I've already beaten a ton, but I went ahead and beat it twice in a row (once for fun, and once to speed run it):

The speed run ended up at 6 min. and 46 seconds.   It's a really fun one to run with how short it is.

jtucci31

« Reply #886 on: November 07, 2015, 04:04:18 PM »
Nice Bomberman clear! I've been meaning to sit down with 93 and 94 sometime soon. They're both great but I want to see them through to the end. Did you continue at all?

Clear 20: Lords of Thunder 1cc

I was lagging with the GotW but I finally did it. Not too difficult on normal. I think I still like Gate of Thunder more, but this game was a blast to play! Sucks there's no cool end screen and that you can't tell your high score without pausing right before the final boss falls, but the end cutscenes do look pretty cool.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:51:03 AM by jtucci31 »

jtucci31

« Reply #887 on: November 23, 2015, 11:50:50 AM »
Clear 21: PC Genjin 3/Bonk 3

Pretty much my first time trying this game out and I beat it with at least 3 or 4 lives leftover. Was pretty easy overall. I enjoyed the big/small aspects. The new mini games were hit or miss, some were easy and fun, others were hard and stupid. I agree with the "not as good as the others" sentiment. I don't hate it at all, I actually enjoyed it despite how long it felt. Anyway, I couldn't snap a decent picture so I'll include a nice looking snap of the game in my new briefcase setup :)

There's the moon loosing its shackles and returning to the other half in the sky

Digi.k

« Reply #888 on: November 23, 2015, 02:03:30 PM »
don't think I am going to post on this thread that much but I've beaten this game twice now from start to end.  It's a great action adventure game despite the Mem128 bug which really pisses me off.

Magicoal is somewhere in the 14-ish hour game play.

out of a total of 64 spells to find I ended up finding 61.  29 for Rhun and 32 for Melvy

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #889 on: December 17, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »
It's been a while for me but I beat Dynastic Hero which I thoroughly enjoyed so this should get me back into the game. If you haven't played this one yet you are missing out. It's a fantastic game and one of my favorite CD games now on the system. This was the first Wonder Boy game I ever played through and now I want to play the whole series. Awesome stuff!
Clear #50
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #890 on: December 18, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »

It's been a while for me but I beat Dynastic Hero which I thoroughly enjoyed so this should get me back into the game. If you haven't played this one yet you are missing out. It's a fantastic game and one of my favorite CD games now on the system. This was the first Wonder Boy game I ever played through and now I want to play the whole series. Awesome stuff!
Clear #50

You are teasing, right?

You gotta play all the Wonder Boy games.

So much fun.

I might pull out the SMS now and play some goodness myself, in fact. I don't think my daughter has really played any proper Wonder Boy games...but she is only 11 years old, so she has an excuse.

You don't. :)
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #891 on: December 18, 2015, 12:59:04 PM »

You are teasing, right?

So much fun.

I might pull out the SMS now and play some goodness myself, in fact. I don't think my daughter has really played any proper Wonder Boy games...but she is only 11 years old, so she has an excuse.

Yeah true story this was the first one really for me.
I have Wonder Boy in Monster Land for SMS but I got a Japanese SMS that gives it FM sound but unfortunately changes the text to Japanese so I was kind of put off on that. I also missed the boat big time on getting Dragon's Curse on TG16  since I see the collectards drove the price of that one up now too so don't think I'll be able to pick that one up anymore :(
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #892 on: December 20, 2015, 08:35:27 AM »

You are teasing, right?

So much fun.

Yeah true story this was the first one really for me.
I have Wonder Boy in Monster Land for SMS but I got a Japanese SMS that gives it FM sound but unfortunately changes the text to Japanese so I was kind of put off on that. I also missed the boat big time on getting Dragon's Curse on TG16  since I see the collectards drove the price of that one up now too so don't think I'll be able to pick that one up anymore :(

Obviously, I am actually jealous that you get to experience all the games now. I have replayed them too many times.

:)
  |    | 

EmperorIng

« Reply #893 on: December 20, 2015, 11:01:22 AM »
I also missed the boat big time on getting Dragon's Curse on TG16  since I see the collectards drove the price of that one up now too so don't think I'll be able to pick that one up anymore :(

If it's any consolation, there's almost no text in the game, so the Japanese version (Adventure Island) is a cheap alternative. The only thing to figure out are shops (typically, a new shop you find has better weapons than the previous one) and that CP (ie what form you are) affects how many items the shopkeep is willing to sell you.

Bikkuriman World is even doable, though for that I'd recommend watching a run to see where the hidden doors are.

Black Tiger

« Reply #894 on: December 20, 2015, 11:12:18 AM »
This is why every game player needs a Turbo Everdrive. Bikkuriman World in English doesn't have a physical version to collect.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #895 on: December 23, 2015, 03:15:17 PM »
#51 Beyond Shadowgate
I've never played this before and haven't played a point and click adventure since I was a kid so this was definitely a little different for me. Best part was the death screens. There were plenty of parts that had me scratching my head as to what to do though and I feel like I missed a lot of stuff so I might play it again with a FAQ

Gypsy

« Reply #896 on: December 24, 2015, 04:42:00 AM »
#19 (counting Ys I-II as one game). Not that I have posted the others here. The last boss was actually somewhat challenging (I wasn't max level tbf), but then I suck at games so maybe that's not the case for everyone.

EmperorIng

« Reply #897 on: January 09, 2016, 05:08:00 PM »
Darm is rightly the toughest in the game. Even with game speed set to SLOW, a high level, Lair's ring, and Barrier magic, you will still only win by the skin of your teeth. Those orbs are so hard to dodge.

I achieved one of Super Darius II's many moving endings. What a matter. Hey, it's a 1CC though!

I will play more of the game explore more levels/routes/bosses, but my initial impressions are problematic. Graphics are nice, but sprites are too big. You run the risk of accidentally colliding with an off-screen enemy approaching from above or below. Sprite flicker can turn boss attacks invisible - high-speed bullets + invisibility is a lethal combo. If you can manage to not die from these programming/design oversights, the game is easy. If not, well, you are in for an incredibly frustrating time. In these respects I enjoyed the MegaDrive port more, since the game was balanced around an enclosed 4:3 aspect ratio.

Super Darius I doesn't suffer from these problems, because the sprites and play-field are much smaller and are accommodating to a single screen.

Also, T's Music is worthy of a great deal of praise, and I dig the remixed soundtrack for Super Darius II. However, it just doesn't compare to the memorable strangeness of the arcade original (the Boss 2 track and Say Papa suffer the most). It's a little too "poppy" and "fluffy" if that makes sense. Maybe "indulgent." It's nice listening but I just wanted to voice my absolutely-true-opinions.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:23:22 PM by EmperorIng »

blueraven

« Reply #898 on: January 17, 2016, 06:43:22 AM »
Clear # 18: Cadash

The camera on my phone is pretty messed up, but you can see it says "RAVN" at the bottom of the first pic :D

That was a fun one, even if grinding up to Lvl 17 on the two respawn points took up 2/3 of the game.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

blueraven

« Reply #899 on: January 18, 2016, 01:58:10 PM »
Clear #19: Mysterious Song - Thanks Rover!!

Got through Mysterious song in about 4 hours or so; grinded up to level 32 and Grimm fell before I knew it... It was hilarious to see the credits roll, and find out who the voices and contributors were. When Josh said "You don't believe THAT do you?" I nearly died laughing. :lol: Almost like being in chat :D

Great job with this game, everyone!! :D It was a blast playing through it and I was really impressed with the color palette in the dungeons and the quick combat system. Excellent work everyone!!
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol