Author Topic: Ys IV Dubbing Project: Take 2  (Read 2289 times)

NightWolve

Re: Ys IV Dubbing Project: Take 2
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 11:04:11 AM »
I have a few more clips I could've included (all of Karna and some others, 10-15 more or so), but I didn't wanna make the zip file too big and since they're effectively worthless, I didn't bother. =\

Burnt Lasagna, yeah, I had a zip file with just the batch file to dump all ADPCM clips, but nothing else. The new Kit has everything and 2 of the batch files either insert a raw ADPCM clip or a WAVE file back into the ISO... Unless someone technical figured that out for you, it wasn't available before.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:07:20 AM by NightWolve »

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
He had a completed one for Dogi?? I don't think so... Everything he gave me was incomplete (couple of files here and there), .
No, he completed a compile of tracks. This I know for a fact because I have three complete tracks for Dr. Flair, Lilia and Bami that ParanoiaDragon gave me during his time in the project.

As for a complete track for Dogi I heard he made a complete set for him that his room mate did. I heard this on a posts he made on actaint land of ys back in 2010. You can read his post here.
http://seldane.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=ysIV&thread=4644&page=2#122498
Note worthy quote.
In particular, I have somewhere a MOST EXCELLENT full recorded set for Dogi

http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

NightWolve

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 11:10:28 AM »
Yeah, he showed up for a while and I tried to get everything from him, but that's what he told me... When he went to actually search for the stuff he said he had, he couldn't find it and recalled a hard drive disaster... =\ I almost had one myself back in April of '07, could've lost all my translation projects'n'everything, but I used GetDataBackforNTFS and it saved most of what was salvageable... By the end of it, the loss was minimized to just my outlook database (which sadly had lots of history & was important to me :(), some games, plenty of Microsoft and other type software, etc. and add to the general annoyance of having to reinstall everything... It was pretty catastrophic, but not as bad as it could've been.

I PM'ed ParanoiaDragon and Arjak about this BTW, so... Arjak had given me some of his stuff, I can't recall if all of it was finished though. Could be, but not sure... We'll see. Anyway, he or whoever can do it all themselves now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:34:17 PM by NightWolve »

nodtveidt

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »
Heya NightWolve, glad to see yer still around. :) This looks awesome!

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 11:46:35 AM »
Yeah, he showed up for a while and I tried to get everything from him, but that's what he told me... When he went to actually search for the stuff he said he had, he couldn't find it and recalled a hard drive disaster...
I'm guessing you contacted him recently, at least after 2010?
I guess if his hard drive did crash there is no way of getting those "MOST EXCELLENT" tracks for Dogi he talked about :-k

Also, what does everyone here think about this project?
http://forums.magicengine.com/en/viewtopic.php?t=2742&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=0a36481dd5a4f9cabbf542e0782d60b8
I don't know, this guy says he has a professional dubbing studio already doing this job.

NightWolve

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
Yeah, that's one of the links I posted - I made the Ys IV Dub Kit because of it. Honestly, at first I strongly suspected the guy was the same troll that made two accounts prior to that in order to attack me. He's got the same writing style and his story doesn't jive, at least with me. I figured his project story was some dumb ploy to lure me in the thread and whatnot. He even emailed me and linked it. Whatever the case, whether he's full of shit or not, I made and released the dub kit after that thread seemed to spark some interest again in dubbing this game. (Note, it's a non-English dub that he's supposedly working on, so there's no conflict here if he's not bullshitting.)

As for Justus, I remember that post of his that you linked to. I think that was about the same time that I last spoke with him. He made a few posts on my board too before disappearing again... Anyway, as for getting in touch with him: there's his youtube account and I have his last email address if you want.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:50:22 PM by NightWolve »

incrediblehark

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »
Good to see there's still work on this project! Thanks NightWolve

Mishran

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 03:35:42 PM »
As the other guys said, thanks for everything you've done for the Turbo community NightWolve! I've played throught Ys 4 several times over the years thanks to your translation. Cheers!

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 02:01:03 AM »
first I strongly suspected the guy was the same troll that made two accounts prior to that in order to attack me. He's got the same writing style and his story doesn't jive, at least with me. I figured his project story was some dumb ploy to lure me in the thread and whatnot. He even emailed me and linked it.
Yeah, I figured as much.
as for getting in touch with him: there's his youtube account and I have his last email address if you want.
I've already tried both of those.
His email address is dead now (unless you’re talking about a different one other than jj@justusjohnston.com).
I also tried his YouTube account about a week and half ago. Still hasn't replied and I have a feeling he never will.

I know he has a Facebook, but I don't have an account on FB and I would rather not make one (never liked the idea of the site).
If someone here can help contact him over FB can you please send him my email and what I'm asking for?
If your interested send me a PM and I will give you a URL to his FB and my email.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:04:13 AM by Burnt Lasagna »

Arjak

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 05:36:14 AM »
Wow, I had completely forgotten about this! I'm glad you have a better memory than I do, NightWolve!

Anyway, since Burnt Lasagna has expressed interest in this project, and he has more experience with this kind of thing than I do, I am handing the project over to him on the absolute condition that this thing actually get finished! You hear me, BL? If this thing fails for a third time because you aren't willing to put in the effort, you will have made a mortal enemy... :twisted:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 06:05:55 AM »
You hear me, BL? If this thing fails for a third time because you aren't willing to put in the effort, you will have made a mortal enemy... :twisted:
Note to self: Start the project, then after auditions are done drop off the face of the earth without further notice :wink:

But seriously, I’ve been interested in doing a dub for YsIV for a long time. I remember my brothers and I a couple of years back dubbed the beginning of the game just for fun (stopped after Adol&Dogi got to Esteria) we also inserted it into the game. 

I still have a little bit left in my Rondo of Blood project, though most of it tomaitheous has taken up but I’m still managing everything.
Hopefully I’ll be able to start something soon :)

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 06:10:45 AM »
Nice!  Let's get up on this!  I know I gotta eventually re-record Dr. Flair, as the quality of my recording....leaves a bit to be desired, but I believe both Bami & Lilia are great.  If not, oh well on Bami, as she moved out of the area.  :?  I'll do the narrator if need be, unless we find someone better.  I was trying to sound as close as possible to Alen Openheimer's(IIRC) narration in Ys 1 & 2.

Also, as BL stated, we need somebody with a facespace account to try contacting Justus!  Justus needs to be served! :D

Bernie

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 07:22:59 AM »
Nightwolve has a Facebook acct.  I do as well, if someone wants me to contact them.

esteban

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »
OK Arjak, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccck...... ;)

*waves to whoever*

WORD UP, MOTHER!

Good to hear from you :)

|    | 

SamIAm

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 12:44:02 AM »
Good luck, guys. :)