Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 24284 times)

KingDrool

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1990
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005, 05:02:41 AM »
Guitar Hero, my friends...GUITAR HERO!

Best game I've played all year, without a doubt.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 24013
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 05:34:06 AM »
Quote from: "Tron"
Went back to my NeoGeo again.

Any ways been playing these two games.

Aero Fighters 2
Samurai Shodown 2

I'll probably take out the, SS2 once, Bust a Move gets here :wink:
Hahaha. I played a lot of Aero Fighters 2 yesterday... but at the laundromat! They have Metal Slug 5 as well as Raiden 2...

I LOVE DOING THE LAUNDRY NOW!

P.S. I'm re-doing my kitchen, so I can't use the washer/dryer/dishwasher/stove... I can't wait until things return to normal, but I'm gonna miss going to the laundromat (never thought I'd ever say that).
  |    | 

Keranu

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9054
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 11:35:46 AM »
This pizza place near me used to have a 3-slot with Top Players Golf, King of the Monsters, and World Heroes (2 I think). Yeah not such great games hehe, that's why I would go to this arcade in the Mexican neighborhood instead which was loaded with KoFs.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6421
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 08:57:07 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
This pizza place near me used to have a 3-slot

What? There is no 3 slot there's only a 1 slot,2 slot,4 slot and a 6 slots MVS boards.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Michael Helgeson

  • Guest
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2005, 04:11:13 AM »
prob means a 4 slot running 3 games.It happens alot around here where I live.Most vendors place a 4 slot on a location with a puzzle game,fighting game,and a shooter.they typically leave the forth slot blank.

TR0N

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6421
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2005, 04:16:01 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"
prob means a 4 slot running 3 games.It happens alot around here where I live.Most vendors place a 4 slot on a location with a puzzle game,fighting game,and a shooter.they typically leave the forth slot blank.

That's what i thought some times i've seen, 4 slots that are broken with only the other 3 just working.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Michael Helgeson

  • Guest
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2005, 04:36:08 PM »
Traded in Blazing Star to a local arcade vendor for Cyber Lip,World Hereos,and Burning Fight,and some mvs boxes,and mini inserts,and a FF2 move list sticker for a cab,so I could place it on my arcade stick supergun.So basically I have been playing World Hereos today.
I put in plenty of hours into part 2,but never owned 1 on NeoGeo untill today.Id have to say now more then ever the Snes port by Sunsoft was a let down.This si still a really good fighter to me even now,since 1992 it hold well amongst my other games.For 1992 I def like it more the SF 2 World Warrior for that matter.And I like some of the stages in part 1 way more then in part 2.Just really nice all around for such a old game.
Whats really nice is,Ill pay like 26-27 bucks for soemthing liek Blazing Star,and around here,the local vendors love to get ahold of shooters,but are clueless as to what all was on Neo,so they will give 2-3 carts,depending on the game,along with extra stuff like inserts to other games you might need,just to get a new shooter for a 4 slot,somthing besides Metal Slug and Aero Fighters 2.Its really funny and sad at the same time.If i would have tried to buy all this stuff I got today for Blazing Star,Id have spent well into 50 bucks on ebay,but thanks to good all cheap Blazing Star as a barter item,I can save time and money hunting down older MVS carts.I didnt think I was going to get another CyberLip so easily,esp with the marquee insert.
Prob order a couple more Blazings just to trade in again.

TR0N

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6421
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2005, 04:56:10 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"
Traded in Blazing Star to a local arcade vendor for Cyber Lip,World Hereos,and Burning Fight,and some mvs boxes,and mini inserts,and a FF2 move list sticker for a cab,so I could place it on my arcade stick supergun.So basically I have been playing World Hereos today.
I put in plenty of hours into part 2,but never owned 1 on NeoGeo untill today.Id have to say now more then ever the Snes port by Sunsoft was a let down.This si still a really good fighter to me even now,since 1992 it hold well amongst my other games.For 1992 I def like it more the SF 2 World Warrior for that matter.And I like some of the stages in part 1 way more then in part 2.Just really nice all around for such a old game.
Whats really nice is,Ill pay like 26-27 bucks for soemthing liek Blazing Star,and around here,the local vendors love to get ahold of shooters,but are clueless as to what all was on Neo,so they will give 2-3 carts,depending on the game,along with extra stuff like inserts to other games you might need,just to get a new shooter for a 4 slot,somthing besides Metal Slug and Aero Fighters 2.Its really funny and sad at the same time.If i would have tried to buy all this stuff I got today for Blazing Star,Id have spent well into 50 bucks on ebay,but thanks to good all cheap Blazing Star as a barter item,I can save time and money hunting down older MVS carts.I didnt think I was going to get another CyberLip so easily,esp with the marquee insert.
Prob order a couple more Blazings just to trade in again.

Can't say i buy used mvs carts.. too much any more on ebay.

These days i perfer to use, neo-geo.com "selling forum" to get what i want plus i know who am dealing with :D

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

GUTS

  • Guest
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2005, 06:02:04 PM »
I just sold my arcade Neo Geo but I kept my copy of Blazing Star out of it incase I build supergun at some later date.   Personally Blazing Star is my favorite shooter of all time, it just sucks my high scores are on my old arcade cabinet (I'm gonna miss seeing SIR HUNG and BALLZDEEP on the high score table).

Keranu

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9054
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2005, 06:05:22 PM »
HAHAHAHA! SIR HUNG and BALLZDEEP! Classic! I can't remember if you could even type score names that long in that game! I'm gonna have to think of some good ones next time I play.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

  • Guest
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2005, 07:00:21 PM »
I love Blazing Star also,but its a easy buy on ebay these days.
It i swithout a doubt one of the best shooters of all time for me eitherway it goes.And it stomps the f*ck out of Aero Fighters series.

GUTS

  • Guest
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2005, 07:04:19 AM »
Haha yeah Keranu you can type like 10 or 12 characters, it's hilarious too because I had mine at a game store (made a whopping $5 a week in qaurters off of it, woo yeah!) and it would flash SIR HUNG all huge on the attract screen since I had the top score and NO ONE could ever beat.  Many tried, all failed.

esteban

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 24013
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2005, 07:24:27 AM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Haha yeah Keranu you can type like 10 or 12 characters, it's hilarious too because I had mine at a game store (made a whopping $5 a week in qaurters off of it, woo yeah!) and it would flash SIR HUNG all huge on the attract screen since I had the top score and NO ONE could ever beat.  Many tried, all failed.
Awesome :)
  |    | 

Keranu

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9054
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2005, 10:58:29 AM »
HAHAHAHA! I wouldn't be able to control my laughing if I saw that in real life, with customers checking out the screen and all. You should have tried writing something really long on the score list by writing parts of the sentence in each score rank so it would look something like:

"#1 SIR HUNG
 #2 IS HUNG
 #3 LIKE A
 #4 ELEPHANT
 #5 SO f*ck
 #6 OFF
 #7 ...
 #8 ...
 #9 ...
 #10 ..."
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6421
Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2005, 03:36:50 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
I just sold my arcade Neo Geo but I kept my copy of Blazing Star out of it incase I build supergun at some later date.   Personally Blazing Star is my favorite shooter of all time, it just sucks my high scores are on my old arcade cabinet (I'm gonna miss seeing SIR HUNG and BALLZDEEP on the high score table).

Blazeing Star is good but it's a little too easy if you ask me.

Any ways my favorites shmups on the Neo so far.

1st Pulstar
2nd Viewpoint hard but great music.
3rd Last Resort
4th Strikers 1945 Plus best WWII shooter on the Neo barnone!
5th Aero Fighters 2
6th Blazeing Star

Btw no thoughts on, Aero Fighters 3 i need a kit of that still.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec