Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65728 times)

Michael Helgeson

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2005, 06:14:31 PM »
Aero Fighters sucks ass.Im tired of everyone hyperboling Aero Fighters 1-3.If Im going to play a vertical shooter,its going to be GigaWing 1-2,Ikruga,Raiden,Radient Silvergun,1942-3-XX,and a whole slew of others done way way better.Aero Fighters is to shooters what Ninja Combat is to beat-em ups,except ADK knew not to release another Ninja Combat thank god.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2005, 06:48:35 AM »
Just beat Megaman 4 in Navi mode on Megaman Anniversary Collection (PS2) to hear the remixed music. I typed this post right after I put the last hit on Wily.

Had several funny moments.

I double KO'ed with Bright Man and final Wily.

The game let me pass when I DKO'ed with Bright Man in the Skull Castle boss chamber room but as for Wily, it didn't let me get away with it this time. :D

TR0N

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2005, 10:24:02 PM »
NeoGeo
Last Blade
Blazeing Star/Feel like seeing how high a score i can get on it.

Saturn
Parodius Da! Deluxe Pack

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2005, 12:21:52 AM »
Samurai Shodown 2 alot late last nite.
 I am waiting for 4 mvs carts that are supposed to arrive this week,Metal SLug X,Blazing Star again lol,Real Bout Fatal Fury,and Art of Fighting 3.
For Genesis Im waiting for Splatterhouse 2 and Double Dragon to arrive.
WHne all this stuff gets in Ill play alot of it Im sure.

akamichi

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2005, 08:45:54 PM »
I picked up Kenshin Dragon Quest the other day.  Played it only for about an hour so far.  Pretty fun considering the controls.  If you've never heard of it, it's a self-enclosed unit that connects directly to your TV like those shady NES/N64 controllers.  But this uses some kind of motion detection technology.  Basically you stand in front of the TV swinging the sword controller and just wreaking havoc on all the slimes and skeletons that cross your path.

Even though all you do is swing the sword to play, there's a number of things you can do.  By holding the sword in front of you,  you can block attacks (a transparent shield appears on the screen).  It's also possible to cast magic by holding the sword close to the game unit which calls up a magic window where you can select magic.

Overall, it's seems to be a simple game, but it's just fun (and funny) trying to slash everything in sight.

esteban

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2005, 03:19:32 AM »
Quote from: "akamichi"
I picked up Kenshin Dragon Quest the other day.  Played it only for about an hour so far.  Pretty fun considering the controls.  If you've never heard of it, it's a self-enclosed unit that connects directly to your TV like those shady NES/N64 controllers.  But this uses some kind of motion detection technology.  Basically you stand in front of the TV swinging the sword controller and just wreaking havoc on all the slimes and skeletons that cross your path.

Even though all you do is swing the sword to play, there's a number of things you can do.  By holding the sword in front of you,  you can block attacks (a transparent shield appears on the screen).  It's also possible to cast magic by holding the sword close to the game unit which calls up a magic window where you can select magic.

Overall, it's seems to be a simple game, but it's just fun (and funny) trying to slash everything in sight.
Vendors (at kiosks) in the local malls here are selling baseball, boxing, and ping pong motion games. The vendors appear during holiday season, then disappear. This is the second or third year I've seen them, so they must be making money.
My wife and I have have fun testing theses games (doubles ping pong is our fave, though homerun derby is therapuetic) ... the boxing game is "new" this year and seems similar to Punch Out (NES), but there was a long line of kids waiting to try it out, so we'll have to wait till next week. If it captures 50% of the fun of Punch Out, then it will be pretty nice, IMO.

I'd love it if they started demo'ing something like Kenshin Dragon Quest... sounds fun.
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2005, 11:34:30 AM »
Hey that Kenshin Dragon Quest game sounds like great fun, reminds of what the Revolution is going to be like with Zelda.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

PC Gaijin

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2005, 08:46:37 AM »
Lately I've been playing:

Final Fantasy XI (PC): lots and lots of FFXI. Over two years now and I still have tons left to do in this game. Recently I've been playing beastmaster when I want to solo (just cracked 61 with bst) and bard when I want to party (56 on bard). Unfortunately, all of my RL and online friends that used to play this game with me have quit, so it's been a little lonely lately. This is still by far my all-time favorite FF game (sorry FFIV). Looking forward to FFXII mainly because it seems to be influenced by XI.

Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC): just a quick CTF session here and there when I need to blow off some steam.

Do Re Mi Fantasy (SFC): awesome platformer sequel to Milon's Secret Castle on the NES. By Hudson Soft too! :D

Tales of Symphonia (GC): still not sure whether I like this game or not. The battle system is pretty entertaining, but the story, characters, and art style are all horrible. Well, maybe horrible is too strong a word, but the story is very cliched and the character designs don't appeal to me at all. I liked Fujishima's mid-90s stuff well enough, like Oh My Goddess and Sakura Taisen, but lately his designs have been sucking IMO. And there's an odd sort of disconnect between the 2D character art, the cel-shaded in-game characters, and the 3D environments. Just doesn't mesh well.

TR0N

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2005, 11:45:20 PM »
Quote from: "Tron"
NeoGeo
Last Blade
Blazeing Star/Feel like seeing how high a score i can get on it.

Saturn
Parodius Da! Deluxe Pack

Duo-R
Dragon Slayer/what mess up dubbing :lol:  :lol:

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2005, 12:59:20 AM »
Double Dragon for Genesis.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2005, 11:57:52 AM »
Playing some of that Front Mission on my Super Famicom system.

Currently in: New Milgan

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2005, 06:07:39 AM »
Art of Fighting 3 and Real Bout.

akamichi

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2005, 03:27:16 PM »
I've been playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on my DS for the last week or so.  This game is soo fun!  I kinda like those mystery solving games from way back when and this one just takes that and wraps it around being a defense attorney.

It's a little over the top with the sound fx but it makes things interesting when you start accusing people of lying and stuff.  

I'll definitely buy more "episodes" of this game.  I don't think the GBA versions were released in English, so I might have to pick up the JPN versions and see if I can handle all the dialogue.  And there's a lot of dialogue to read in the game.

Very enjoyable from start to finish.

TR0N

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2005, 06:39:48 PM »
MVS
Last Blade
Blazeing Star

Duo-R
Dragon Slayer

Still the same but i'm still waiting for, Bust-A-Move to get here :evil:

Other then 'that i should be getting a super cd-rom2 soon plus a copy of, Chiki Chiki boys for my Duo.

TR0N

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2005, 07:02:38 PM »
MVS
Pulstar
Samurai Shodown 3

Note had my fill of bam figure i'd switch again.

PCE
Ys IV