Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65512 times)

Michael Helgeson

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2005, 08:18:23 PM »
Master System :
Time Soldiers
NeoGeo:
KOF99 and Metal SLug X
Genesis:
Devlish,Devils Crash import,and SplatterHouse2.

TR0N

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2005, 06:25:35 PM »
MVS
SS2
MS4

PCE
Valis

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2005, 07:13:55 AM »
Got a crap load of games lately. Just recently my dad bought me an Intellivision with ten complete games for only $10 as a late birthday present since he knew I had been wanting one :D , kick azz! Also I was at a nice video game store recently and bought Baseball (Intellivision), Earth Defense Force (SNES), Kenseiden (SMS) Mario Paint (SNES), and Vice (NES). Oh and I also got Shape Shifter in the mail the same day I went to the store, so I gotta lot of kick ass games to play, not to mention that my little bro got a DS with some games and that's being using up some of my game time ;) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2005, 10:19:48 AM »
My wife and I are having an absolute blast playing:

Jackie Chan's J-Mat
Jackie Chan's Powerboxing

Needless to say, a full review is forthcoming :). Everything arrived on tuesday and we've spent at least 2 hours every night playing it.

Xavix Bowling, believe it or not, will be our next purchase :)
  |    | 

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2005, 10:37:51 AM »
Just got Ganbare Goemon/Legend of the Mystical Ninja 2 for my Super Famicom. That Konami series is much of a masterpiece as Castlevania and Metal Gear, but didn't get much respect because of the cultural barrier.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2006, 10:49:56 AM »
Tekken 3 arcade pcb on my supergun,and Valis 1 Genesis.

FM-77

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2006, 11:38:21 PM »
I got this today. I figure it's time for me to actually play through the original Ys ETERNAL...  8)

TR0N

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2006, 05:11:33 PM »
Famicom
The Goonies

Took a break from, Neo gaming that's untile i get, NeoBomberman though.

Btw befor i sent my friend, Duo-R back i got to finsh, Neutpoia 1&2 :D

rolins

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2006, 06:25:26 PM »
My winter break from college has been a blast. I spent all my free time beating all the video games I bought since the beginning of 2005. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for the MSX I had borrowed from a good friend from Japan, and the NES games I was replaying them out of nostalgia.

PCE:
 Kyuukyoku Tiger --this is my new favorite pce game. the gameplay is similar to Raiden, it's challenging, and looks amazing on the GT.
 Nexzr --great shmup. stage 6 is tricky and the final boss can be cheap.
 Xak III --great story and nice Eng translation by Nightwolve. the game was too short and bosses are weaklings.
 Bomberman 94 --my favorite in the bomberman series.
 Super Raiden --addictive gameplay. i'm still stuggling to past stage 8.

MSX: using a MSX2+ computer - Sony HB-F1XV
Metal Gear --superior to the nes version in dialog, gameplay, graphics, everything. you actually get to face Metal Gear. my fastest time is 2 hours and 20 minutes.
 Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake --it's like playing MGS in 8bit graphics.
 Vampire Killer --this one plays a little different than the original Castlevania for the nes, but I like this version better.
 Snatcher --this game will test your patience b/c the loading times are horrendous. only play this version if you're a Snatcher fan.
 King's Valley II (msx2 version) --very good puzzle game, a must play.
 Maze of Galious --probably the best platform/adventure game on the MSX.

NES:
 Ninja Gaiden --the first game I ever bought for the nes, and absolute favorite game on this console.
 Gun Nac --great shmup by Compile, it's suppose to be a parody of Zanac.
 River City Ransom --my favorite beat'em up.
 Bionic Commando --great game and innovative. I just wish the diffculty was set higher.
 Akumajou Densetsu --japanese version of CV3. better music and easier than the American version.
 Crisis Force --a shmup by Konami and only released in Japan. this game is fantasic with amazing graphics for a famicom game.

akamichi

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2006, 01:52:37 AM »
Quote from: "Tron"

The Goonies

That's one of my favorite games!  Somehow I managed to snag the Famicon Disk version and the cart version for cheap.  I didn't even know about a disk version until I saw it at a flea market!  

Games I'm playing now:
Tekken 5 DR - arcade
Final Fantasy IV Adv - GBA
Never played entirely through the SNES ver.

Ryu ga Gotoku - PS2
It's like Shenmue but more gritty and modern.  Only played a few hours so far.

Coming Soon:
DQ8 - PS2.  I'll probably start this one after I finish FFIV.

TR0N

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2006, 04:03:49 PM »
Quote from: "akamichi"
Quote from: "Tron"

The Goonies

That's one of my favorite games!  Somehow I managed to snag the Famicon Disk version and the cart version for cheap.  I didn't even know about a disk version until I saw it at a flea market!  

Was it official one or a bootleg? It's one thing the, Famicom had a lot of on cart and on the disk :?  

I did beat the, Goonies not to long ago... but i've been "replaying it" for a better score :idea:

esteban

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2006, 10:27:27 PM »
I've been playing Scrabble. That's it. It's the best board game ever created (even better than Risk, which I like a lot)... which reminds me: I'll have to see if I can find a copy of the GBA Scrabble game (I don't know what it's like, but I gotta try it out). I think Target had some copies reduced to $10 when I was last there.
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2006, 04:10:19 PM »
Haha, excellent game choice for this week, Steve :D .

By the way, as far as board game video games go, I LOVE Pictonary for NES! You get to play these really fun mini games with awesome music and each time you score, it knocks off a piece of the artwork and when the time goes out, you get to guess what the picture is under a time limit, which kind of sucks without a keyboard, but it's still a really fun game!
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2006, 08:15:49 AM »
Man for board games STRATEGO is where it's at.  Does anybody else here hate Monopoly?  I could never get into that game, plus you can't play it without somebody getting pissed off.

Keranu

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2006, 09:23:01 AM »
I don't hate Monopoly, but I do get tired of it quite easily. By the way, the best board game ever made is The Omega Virus.