Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63117 times)

Keranu

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #315 on: November 05, 2006, 11:10:52 AM »
Can you explain the animosity towards NES for me then?

It makes more sense to hate on a genre then an entire console. I don't like nearly all Sports games and don't play mahjong, but I don't really hate any particular video game system.

Haha, I'm not really sure why he doesn't like it, but to me it seems like it's some kind of "cult fad" these days to not like NES, which I think is crazy. As funny as this sounds, I think the reason why he says he hates NES is because he liked Genesis and TG16 much more when he got into those, at least that's sort of what he told me once. I also think it's because he doesn't think the shooters for NES are any good and since he's a big fan of shmups, he uses it for a reason to hate NES. He's a hilarious yet insane and sick man, his website is proof of that :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #316 on: November 05, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »
Can you explain the animosity towards NES for me then?

It makes more sense to hate on a genre then an entire console. I don't like nearly all Sports games and don't play mahjong, but I don't really hate any particular video game system.

Haha, I'm not really sure why he doesn't like it, but to me it seems like it's some kind of "cult fad" these days to not like NES, which I think is crazy. As funny as this sounds, I think the reason why he says he hates NES is because he liked Genesis and TG16 much more when he got into those, at least that's sort of what he told me once. I also think it's because he doesn't think the shooters for NES are any good and since he's a big fan of shmups, he uses it for a reason to hate NES. He's a hilarious yet insane and sick man, his website is proof of that :D .

Hmm i wounder if he's a fanboy for another console.

Given how he rants that, NES doesn't work right ture it's connector pins suck but man  #-o

Any ways that part can be replace with np.

Still i don't have to worry about since i have a famicom av.

As for it's shooters being too slow wtf... i don't remember any thing by, Compile with that problem either.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

elnino

« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2006, 04:21:14 AM »
he uses it for a reason to hate NES.

If I hated a specific console I certainly wouldn't buy 193 games for it. :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

Tatsujin

« Reply #318 on: November 07, 2006, 05:26:32 PM »
he uses it for a reason to hate NES.

If I hated a specific console I certainly wouldn't buy 193 games for it. :lol:
how you just can say?! may be he just likes the games on it but not the system itself. remember the PS1 era, everybody hated this fugly box in ugly grey, but everybody purchased it as well! the reason why was some several really splendid and essential stuff which was released on. :-"
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Keranu

« Reply #319 on: November 07, 2006, 07:31:49 PM »
how you just can say?! may be he just likes the games on it but not the system itself. remember the PS1 era, everybody hated this fugly box in ugly grey, but everybody purchased it as well! the reason why was some several really splendid and essential stuff which was released on. :-"

He was referring to the game page on Kamino's site http://www.templeofinsanity.com/gameslist.htm . I like to tease Kamino about that.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #320 on: November 13, 2006, 04:33:26 PM »
GC
Metroid Prime 2 Echos

Famicom
Green Beret
Almana No Kiseki:Note if any body wounders what that game is about, NinjaSpirit has a video of it and... here's a review of it as well http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/fds/almana.html

Digi.k

« Reply #321 on: November 14, 2006, 12:44:30 PM »
sooo getting hooked on Silhouette mirage (saturn version) and getting better at it.

Keranu

« Reply #322 on: November 14, 2006, 02:52:33 PM »
Famicom
Green Beret
Green Beret kicks ass, but I prefer Rush n' Attack.  8)

TR0N

« Reply #323 on: November 14, 2006, 04:18:29 PM »
Famicom
Green Beret
Green Beret kicks ass, but I prefer Rush n' Attack.  8)
Well there is a advantage on, Green Beret for the FDS it's much easier... then the NES version.

More weapon drops in GB compare to RA.

Plus it has some hidden passege way on some levels for a shortcut.

Black Tiger

« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2006, 09:43:58 AM »
Just to sound like a total loser (by lazer dork standards), I'll admit that in my limited amount of free time recently, I've pretty much only been playing Phantasy Star Universe 360 broken up by multiplayer Gears Of War.  :oops:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2006, 10:31:16 AM »
Just to sound like a total loser (by lazer dork standards), I'll admit that in my limited amount of free time recently, I've pretty much only been playing Phantasy Star Universe 360 broken up by multiplayer Gears Of War.  :oops:
No, you're hardcore compared to me: I've been playing Scrabble Blast on my cell phone. Exclusively. For the last 2+ months. That's it. :)

Of course, I haven't unpacked yet. That's the only reason I've even wasted my time with cellular / mobile / whatever games.
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »
LaZer Dork standards  :mrgreen: .

TR0N

« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2006, 02:41:18 PM »
No shame in that i just pick up PSU for my PS2 a while ago.

Still it will be a while befor i can play it online.

Meaning i need a router,keyboard and a credit card  :oops:

TR0N

« Reply #328 on: November 22, 2006, 03:39:28 PM »
PS2
Lupin The III Treasure of the Sorcerer King.

I'm a fan of the serise so i'd thought i'd give it go.

It's no MGS but for $7.00 it's not bad so far.

Digi.k

« Reply #329 on: November 24, 2006, 03:45:57 PM »
After deciding that the PS3 is not worth it right now I plunged into the xbox 360 world.. and currently playing Phantasy Star Universe on there..  One thing I hate about 360 is sudden jolt or tilt of the machine while a disc inside is spinning makes it sound like the disc has gone loose and bouncing around, then you got one badly scratched disc as I found out the hard way.. so no pets or young kids near it please!!