Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63488 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #345 on: January 10, 2007, 01:24:14 AM »
The King of Fighters 96,98,2003,Power league 3,Altered Beast.

Digi.k

« Reply #346 on: January 10, 2007, 09:08:45 AM »
Magic Knight Rayearth on my powerful Sega Saturn video game system.

Hmmm Magic Knight Rayearth was an ok game.. I just wished it was longer since it could be completed in around 20 hours or less.. I love the music in there though..

I used to have these cute figurines and a wind up makona toy too (all made by sega jp) But after completing the game I couldn't find much incentive to replay the game or keep it so I sold it all as a bundle on ebay.. I kinda regret it now though...

Tatsujin

« Reply #347 on: January 10, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »
recently playing:

akumajo dracula - portrait of ruins DSL
shen mue DC
Fray PCE
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Joe Redifer

« Reply #348 on: January 10, 2007, 01:14:03 PM »
Quote from: Digi.k

Hmmm Magic Knight Rayearth was an ok game.. I just wished it was longer since it could be completed in around 20 hours or less.. I love the music in there though..

I am at the part where I am in the floating city and I am about to go through the labyrinth to see some dumbass statue.  I'm not sure how far I am in the game, maybe 1/50th of the way through so far.  The music is pretty good (all generated by the Saturn the same way the PC Engine and the Genesis did music, not streamed or anything).  There is only one music track that I don't like.  Lots of slowdown and glitches, though.  Wasn't this one of the first Saturn games programmed?

guyjin

« Reply #349 on: January 10, 2007, 01:35:13 PM »
crazy. I thought it was one of the last, but according to gamefaqs, it wasn't brought over for more than 3 years!  :x

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/saturn/data/197837.html
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #350 on: January 10, 2007, 02:15:47 PM »
Last I remember the Working Designs Magic Knight Rayearth had to be reprogrammed from scratch in some areas because the japanese hard disc archival was corrupted. I loved the game up until the last boss shooter battle. I felt cheated of a good fight,and the graphics were cheesy. I didn't have a problem beating the game,it was pretty damn easy.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #351 on: January 10, 2007, 03:28:30 PM »
Now I'm looking for the entrance to the damned volcano.  I know it should be in that snow town.  Can't find it.  I am becoming irritable and annoying to others.. err.. more so that usual I mean.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #352 on: January 10, 2007, 08:35:01 PM »
Yeah that/those last bosses in Rayearth were pretty lame.  And now for a fine dose of pictures demonstrating the highly-honed and super-sharp writing talents at Working Designs!!  They are so damned funny that I just don't know what to do with myself!  Humor doesn't get ANY better than this!  These comments added several hours to my game due to the time I spent rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably.

(I approve of this last one)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:39:03 PM by Joe Redifer »

Black Tiger

« Reply #353 on: January 10, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
Yeah that/those last bosses in Rayearth were pretty lame.  And now for a fine dose of pictures demonstrating the highly-honed and super-sharp writing talents at Working Designs!!  They are so damned funny that I just don't know what to do with myself!  Humor doesn't get ANY better than this!

That first one is so awesome.  :lol:

It's like a lame sarcastic parody of a 'stereotypical WD' joke, by someone who doesn't appreciate their humour.  :P

Are you sure you didn't doctor that image?  [-X
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #354 on: January 10, 2007, 09:17:24 PM »
Holy crap, that's some pretty extreme dialog.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #355 on: January 10, 2007, 09:25:39 PM »
The best part is, I've always assumed very sexistly that women/girl gamerz are more likely to actually take the time to rummage through all the houses in RPG's.

And even if that arrogant assumption isn't true, the 'official' (EGM) stats say that girls make up a majority of nerd RPG players anyway.

I wonder if the ladies appreciate having their delicate sensibilities catered to?   :wink: :clap:  :dance:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Joe Redifer

« Reply #356 on: January 10, 2007, 09:43:42 PM »
Those pics are real.  Play the game and you'll see it.  I like to talk to all of the characters unless they all say the same thing.  I paid for the game and I'm gonna enjoy every last minute of it by gosh!  I'm not in a hurry.  In Rayearth, talking to certain random characters can get you extra amulets as well.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #357 on: January 11, 2007, 12:13:10 AM »
AH yes, good ol' working designs localization, eliminating all those Japanese idioms. I know alot of people that hate it too. Let's not forget:

>Nall (Lunar) mentioning tennant buildings in South Central LA

>Stand off of "Yo Mama" in Albert Odyssey

esteban

« Reply #358 on: January 11, 2007, 12:31:07 AM »
The best part is, I've always assumed very sexistly that women/girl gamerz are more likely to actually take the time to rummage through all the houses in RPG's.

And even if that arrogant assumption isn't true, the 'official' (EGM) stats say that girls make up a majority of nerd RPG players anyway.

I wonder if the ladies appreciate having their delicate sensibilities catered to?   :wink: :clap:  :dance:
I'm with Joe on this one, I seek out every nook and cranny when I play RPG's. First, I paid for the damn game and I want to get my money's worth (i.e. there's no need to rush through a game). Second, and I think a lot of you folks might feel the same way, many games encourage folks to obsessively / compulsively collect / explore stuff. So, my entire gaming life has trained me to scour games. Also, I prefer to see everything the first time through, since I usually don't replay an RPG for years.

Yes, I was the kid who wanted to read every story branch in the Choose Your Adventure Books :(.

That said, my patience is not limitless. I don't mind some degree of level-grinding, but it can get tedious.

EDIT: And for the record, I don't understand the WD haters. Look at the boring, generic localizations we were getting. If WD had done run-of-the-mill translations, it would have been lackluster. Part of the intrigue with WD is that they were goofy. Even if you thought the humor was juvenile, it was still better than the usual tripe. Plus, I would reckon that most folks who bought WD titles knew what to expect.

Anyway, I had written a nice post defending WD the other day, but I think I forgot to hit "post" because I don't see it in this thread. Ooops.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 05:42:01 AM by stevek666 »
  |    | 

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #359 on: January 11, 2007, 02:04:04 AM »
El Viento,Streets of Rage 2,Hellfire,Twin Cobra,and Atomic Robo Kid. Really missed Streets of Rage 2.
Still like it more then SOR 3.