Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63495 times)

TR0N

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2007, 04:28:41 PM »
Famicom
The Goonies II
SMB3

Wii
Wii Play
WarioWare SmoothMoves

Still don't have my wii online yet  :oops:

While ago i'd pickup datel datamax but no luck so far.

If i can't get it to work i'll return it and get something else.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #391 on: February 21, 2007, 01:04:52 AM »
Double Dragon 2 for the Mega Drive. Alot of people do not like this port,even though its rare. I love it. It has flaws,but over all is still pretty nice. Easily worth the 50 bucks spent.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #392 on: February 21, 2007, 03:29:57 AM »
Rockman X3 (Sega Saturn)

EDIT: Holy shit! 777th post! lol

Joe Redifer

« Reply #393 on: February 21, 2007, 10:12:46 AM »
The most recent game I played was the newly purchased Sonic and the Secret of the Rings for the Wii.

Sucks dogshit.

FM-77

« Reply #394 on: February 21, 2007, 11:04:39 AM »
The most recent game I played was the newly purchased Sonic and the Secret of the Rings for the Wii.

Sucks dogshit.
I'm thinking about trying to pretend to be shocked, but it just isn't possible.

Keranu

« Reply #395 on: February 21, 2007, 12:56:18 PM »

Sucks dogshit.
I keep hearing good things about this game. I'm interested in playing it, but whenever I find a new Sonic game that looks cool, it usually turns out sucking :( . I really thought Sonic Rush was going to be the comeback of Sonic, but I was wrong. I'll see if any video stores have it for rent.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #396 on: February 21, 2007, 01:18:44 PM »
Doesn't it suck to be wrong?  I heard lots of good things about Wii Sonic as well.  One of these days I am going to make a New Year's resolution to stop being so goddamn gullible.

rolins

« Reply #397 on: February 21, 2007, 07:53:27 PM »
FM-Towns
Image Fight: I said in my earlier post that I didn't like playing this game, but I totally changed my mind. This game is such a superb conversion. I've made all the all to Area 2 (stage 7), but I'm constantly pummeled in the meteor shower part. Need more practice.

PC Windows
Daikaisen - The Great Paci-Fish War: I think this the only rail-shooter by Compile. IIRC there's 5 stages but things don't get crazy until stage 4. Not all that exciting if you ask me.

FM-77

« Reply #398 on: February 22, 2007, 02:46:57 AM »
Rolins knows where its at.

esteban

« Reply #399 on: February 22, 2007, 03:04:28 AM »
Hey Rolins... how would you compare the pce vs fm towns vs etc. versions of image fight? I'm casually familiar with the game, but I've spent nearly 100% of my time with the pce version.

Absolutely. :)
  |    | 

rolins

« Reply #400 on: February 22, 2007, 04:15:43 AM »
Hey Rolins... how would you compare the pce vs fm towns vs etc. versions of image fight? I'm casually familiar with the game, but I've spent nearly 100% of my time with the pce version.

I can't make a comparison just yet, maybe later. I'd have to go back to the playing the pce version, since its been a while and I don't remember how it measures up to the original.

I wasn't going to share this to anyone until I finished making videos of the whole game, but since you guys are curious I might as well. I've posted Stage 1-5 of the fm-towns version at Vimeo a few weeks back. The quality is better than youtube. They still transcode your video to flv but at a higher bitrate. This should give a better idea what the fm-towns version looks like.

Image Fight stages 1-5 (fm-towns)

Here's the god-awful video I posted on youtube just to see the difference in quality.

Edit: links should be working now

-
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:35:42 AM by rolins »

esteban

« Reply #401 on: February 22, 2007, 08:07:29 AM »

I can't make a comparison just yet, maybe later. I'd have to go back to the playing the pce version, since its been a while and I don't remember how it measures up to the original.

I wasn't going to share this to anyone until I finished making videos of the whole game, but since you guys are curious I might as well. I've posted Stage 1-5 of the fm-towns version at Vimeo a few weeks back. The quality is better than youtube. They still transcode your video to flv but at a higher bitrate. This should give a better idea what the fm-towns version looks like.

Image Fight stages 1-5 (fm-towns)

Here's the god-awful video I posted on youtube just to see the difference in quality.
Stage1

Edit: links should be working now

-

Rock on! :)
  |    | 

GUTS

« Reply #402 on: February 23, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »
Damn, that stage 3 music ROCKS.  Is ImageFight made by Irem?  I thought I heard some R-Type sounding stuff on stage 4s music.

FM-77

« Reply #403 on: February 23, 2007, 10:45:19 AM »
It's an Irem game, yes.

Currently playing Far Cry (PC). Been a long time since. Awesome game, too bad ALL the console ports/sequels are jokes... especially the recent Wii game.

esteban

« Reply #404 on: February 23, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »
It's an Irem game, yes.

Currently playing Far Cry (PC). Been a long time since. Awesome game, too bad ALL the console ports/sequels are jokes... especially the recent Wii game.
Well, apparently, all the console ports / sequels are a far cry from the orginal PC version. :)
  |    |