Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65502 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #540 on: May 19, 2007, 11:28:22 PM »
I'm glad I could help you beat Dracula X.  I will PM you my Paypal account for you to donate generously to.

akamichi

« Reply #541 on: May 20, 2007, 01:13:56 AM »
PS2
Odin Sphere (beautiful game, I'm hoping there's more kinds of attacks later in the game)

I thought that wasn't out untile the 22nd!?

Jpn version.   Came out on the 17th.  :)

TR0N

« Reply #542 on: May 20, 2007, 03:14:44 PM »
PS2
Odin Sphere (beautiful game, I'm hoping there's more kinds of attacks later in the game)

I thought that wasn't out untile the 22nd!?

Jpn version.   Came out on the 17th.  :)
Ahh ok  :oops: I'm getting the U.S version wich comes out on the 22nd.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

« Reply #543 on: May 23, 2007, 04:43:05 PM »
PS2
Odin Sphere
Taito Legends 2

Yes both of these games are finally out in the U.S  :mrgreen:

Afther giving, Odin Sphere some play time the 2d animation is very beautiful.

Also the way the game plays does remind me of princess crown.

Oh and playing these two as well still.

PCE
Steamhearts
Star Parodia

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

FM-77

« Reply #544 on: May 23, 2007, 09:51:12 PM »
Dawn of Mana - PS2

Got it this morning. I have only played it for a while, but it seems really nice. Finally a Mana game that isn't shit! It's nice to play PS2 again, but the low resolution of console gaming is really painful to look at.

thewestexit

« Reply #545 on: May 24, 2007, 07:04:21 PM »
Tantei Jinguuji Saburo: Yume no Owari Ni for the Sega Saturn.

The 6th and one of my favorite Jinguuji games (although I haven't played any of the PS2 ones yet), I played this one years ago but never finished, so I started it over again.  The music is amazing in this game, must find the OST someday...
////////////////////////////////////////////////
James Wilson
www.thewestexit.com
The Science of Building Wealth
////////////////////////////////////////////////

offsidewing

« Reply #546 on: May 25, 2007, 12:42:32 AM »
Ys Book I&II.  I'm currently leveling like a mofo in Burnland.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #547 on: May 26, 2007, 06:20:09 AM »

What game is this?  It looks like a cool fighter!

guyjin

« Reply #548 on: May 26, 2007, 06:56:17 AM »
I belive it's called "algunos" ( アルガノス )

Here's some info from play asia:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8n-49-jp-70-15ve.html
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:58:41 AM by guyjin »
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

FM-77

« Reply #549 on: May 26, 2007, 06:56:25 AM »
Still playing Dawn of Mana.

THIS GAME ROCKS!!

Aside from the horrible camera and the poor controls (it feels JUST like Kingdom Hearts, they probably borrowed that engine, really sad - it could've been fantastic if they just fixed those two flaws), this game is TONS of fun, and actually challenging! Well, the standard gameplay isn't THAT hard (although it isn't that easy either) but the bosses are a PAIN! It takes forever to beat them - IF you manage to do it, that is!

Story-wise... well, its the typical japanese crap story, it couldn't possibly get any more uninteresting than this, but the graphics are really pleasant and the music is great. I think this is the first game that's made me turn up the volume a lot when playing.

Great game!

Edit: Okay, I said "the standard gameplay isn't THAT hard" earlier. I WAS WRONG!! The game's REALLY hard later on! :shock:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 10:05:09 AM by Seldane »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #550 on: May 26, 2007, 05:19:55 PM »
I am playing the Japanese version of DJ Boy which has tons upon tons of racism in it (or so they say).  Everyone enjoys racism, so it's no surprise that this is one of the best games ever made.  I also just received Keio Yugekitai for the Saturn.  I thought this was supposed to be a rare game.  If it were, I think I'd have paid more than $60 or so for it (which was paid through cell phone rebate cards).  But still it is a pretty damn fun game!

GUTS

« Reply #551 on: May 26, 2007, 05:33:48 PM »
Isn't the only thing supposedly "racist" in DJ Boy the aunt Jamima boss on level 1 or 2?  I played through the game years ago and was disappointed that she was the only thing even remotely offensive (and she's only offensive if you're a crybaby whiner with way too much time on your hands).

The pal version of Keoi is better because you can read the hilarious "tips" you unlock as you go through the game.  Plus the voice acting is so f*cking bad it's awesome.  Man that game rules.

termis

« Reply #552 on: May 26, 2007, 08:09:42 PM »
DJ Boy... Fuzzy in my memory, but yeah, I do remember some big old black woman with stereotypical features.  I don't remember much more than that.  Is there cooler shit on the Japanese version?

As for Keio Flying Squadron, so I guess the PAL version runs on "full-speed" on NTSC machines?  (as in, it WASN'T optimized for 50Hz screens?)  I was thinking about trying out the PAL version of that game, but I wasn't sure how well it was going to work on NA systems.

akamichi

« Reply #553 on: May 26, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »
Just recently, I decided to break out the PCE Duo and go back and beat some of the games that I never finished or finished just once.  Anyway, just started playing Legendary Axe 2 after haven't not played it since hell... maybe 10 years now.  Never did beat the game.  It isn't that hard until you get to the last stage.  What a crappy and annoying stage.  So after a few hours, I get to the point where I can get thru the last stage w/o too much problem.  Then of course there's the last boss.  He just keeps beating the crap outta me even when I got 9 lifebar, 10 bombs and level 5 weapon.

After losing like 10 times to the boss, I finally worked up a decent technique against him.  So... now just 5 minutes ago, I get to the last boss with again with full 9 life, 10 bombs and lvl 5 sword and I was sure I could put up a better fight.  Half way into the fight, I saw that I did some major damage to the boss (started flashing red) and I only lost like 4 life and used maybe 2 or 3 bombs.  Then the boss trapped me in the corner and I made a desperate attempt to run under his legs after I got hit.  Only lost 1 life and scored more hits in the process.

After distancing myself from the boss, I prepared to jump back into the fight with my sword swinging and my bombs blazing!  So, I run forward and jump in and...................

the video signal goes dead!!!!!  WTF!  ](*,)

I immediately paused the game.  Luckily I could still hear the sound so I knew the game wasn't reset or something like that.  I spent a couple of minutes fiddling with the A/V cable on the Duo.  Even tried a spare cable I had.  No go!  The video just wouldn't come back on!  Well, seeing the total futility of trying to fix whatever happened, I accepted my fate.  I'd have to turn off the game and hook up my spare PCE and fight again from the beginning.  So what the hell, I figured I'd just unpause the game and fight to the bitter end, in complete darkness, before I turn off the Duo.

Unpausing the game was like being sentenced to death... because that's what it basically was.  I had to have gotten hit a handful of times.  Each time I thought it was the end.  In the darkness i kept swinging and bombing.  There was no chance survive make my time. :P
I knew the end would be imminent, the boss had to have been on top of me by now.  I had also ran out of bombs.  Then, for whatever reason, I pressed jump and then attack over and over and suddenly...

BOOOOOOOM!  The unusually loud fanfare of explosions was so.... was so....  deafening!  I had killed the boss!  I had won!  I couldn't believe my ears!  I had never been pissed about beating a game before!  hahaha! 

So after all that time playing, I beat the game, didn't get to see the ending, and got a possibly broken Duo to show for it.  Something's just not right about that.   :-({|=

Sorry for the long rambling. 

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 10:55:16 PM by akamichi »

esteban

« Reply #554 on: May 27, 2007, 03:38:06 AM »
Just recently, I decided to break out the PCE Duo and go back and beat some of the games that I never finished or finished just once.  Anyway, just started playing Legendary Axe 2 after haven't not played it since hell... maybe 10 years now.  Never did beat the game.  It isn't that hard until you get to the last stage.  What a crappy and annoying stage

So after all that time playing, I beat the game, didn't get to see the ending, and got a possibly broken Duo to show for it.  Something's just not right about that.   :-({|=

Sorry for the long rambling. 
Dude, that was a wonderfully entertaining story. Unfortunately, when reality sinks in, it is an incredibly disheartening story, because I know something crappy will happen like this to me one day. And when crap happens, it will be spectacularly bad, as you already know.

What a bittersweet way to beat LA2!
  |    |