Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63370 times)

akamichi

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #570 on: May 29, 2007, 09:55:43 PM »
Holy crap, that sucks, Akaimichi. I am soooo sorry for you :( . This is coming from one Turbo brother to another.

akamichi, just remember when someone says the Legendary Axe two is a hard game - you can say I could have beat the game with my eyes closed!

again, sorry about the loss, but its a story that you can tell again and again!

Thanks for the support guys!  Well, everything turned out ok after all.  The next day I tried my spare machine and it didn't work either (sound was ok), so I knew something else was wrong.  Turned out that the video capture box I've been using went flaky and I had all my stuff connected through that to the TV.  Noticed it was fairly warm so I let it cool down a bit and the video started working again.

Then I hooked up the Duo and went back and beat LA2 and saw the ending this time! :)

Maybe I should have recorded it. hehehe

nat

« Reply #571 on: May 30, 2007, 04:26:57 AM »
I have never been able to beat that final level to even see the boss.

The whole game is not too hard up until that part.

I don't even know where to go in that level-- the whole thing is a huge f*cking maze. I always end up dying and getting discouraged.

TJ

« Reply #572 on: May 30, 2007, 04:51:22 AM »
As for Keio Flying Squadron, so I guess the PAL version runs on "full-speed" on NTSC machines?  (as in, it WASN'T optimized for 50Hz screens?)  I was thinking about trying out the PAL version of that game, but I wasn't sure how well it was going to work on NA systems.

That would answer something I always wondered about the game, because I have a "copy" (ahem) of the PAL version of Keio for the Saturn which I got from a friend in the UK, and it works fine on my US Saturn. :P

TJ

« Reply #573 on: May 30, 2007, 05:08:36 AM »
FINALLY beat Okami a few weeks ago...52 freakin' hours. Well worth it -- I think every gamer should experience it, if you have a significant chunk of time you're willing to invest into it.

Right now I am playing:

Odin Sphere (PS2) - gorgeous and challenging. Now I wanna pick up Princess Crown, but as if it wasn't already pricey enough, I bet it's going to skyrocket as OS catches on.

Senko no Ronde (360) - Fun, unusual shooter/mech fighter by G.Rev, makers of Border Down. I refuse to refer to it by its American slave name of "Wartech" with its crap logo and crap cover art -- I think it's time to do another kustom package design! ;) (Either that, or find someone with the Japanese version who can send me a hi-res scan of the cover insert.) Beyond that though, it's a very Japanese game with its anime characters and subtitled voice acting and all, definitely an anomaly on the US 360 market. Gotta support the shmups!!

Taito Legends 2 (PS2) - You can't argue with getting 39 games for 20 bones, esp. when it contains Elevator Action Returns, the Saturn version of which goes for $40-50 used by itself. Plus G.Darius and RayStorm, which if you didn't have for the PS1 now's your chance, not to mention Majestic Twelve, KiKiKaiKai, Gekirindan...great collection, although there are some titles like Front Line and Qix which really should have been on the first volume. This one features mostly later '80s and '90s titles though, so you definitely get a ton of play time for the money!

And the last several games I picked up also included Virtua Quest, Castlevania Curse of Darkness, Inuyasha RPG, Capcom Fighting Evolution, Ar Tonelico (all PS2), Godzilla: Save the Earth (Xbox)...so I should be set for the summer :)

GUTS

« Reply #574 on: May 30, 2007, 06:43:09 AM »
Damn, Taito Legends 2 is out?  I need to pick that up, I sold off my Saturn Elevator Action Retures last year when I heard it was coming over here.

God Hand- Awesome, awesome game.  I miss Clover already, the only 2 games they did are 2 of my all time favorite PS2 games.

Shining Force EXA- Pretty fun as a Diablo style game, although the story sucks and you don't get new helper characters fast enough.  I also wish you could change your helper's equipment instead of just setting their play style.

TJ

« Reply #575 on: May 30, 2007, 11:58:55 AM »
Damn, Taito Legends 2 is out?  I need to pick that up, I sold off my Saturn Elevator Action Retures last year when I heard it was coming over here.

It's a GameStop exclusive apparently too. The one I go to only got 2 copies in and my friend and I bought them both. Better hurry, or order online.

termis

« Reply #576 on: May 30, 2007, 02:17:52 PM »
ACD Strider. 

I still don't think it's half bad.  If only they did something with the horrible hit detection.

esteban

« Reply #577 on: May 30, 2007, 02:33:05 PM »
  |    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #578 on: May 30, 2007, 04:51:27 PM »
Still haven't played any games.  Maybe I will later.  Maybe I could play a game on the Wii.  Naaawww... there aren't really any games to play on it, especially ones that are actually good and fulfilling.

Black Tiger

« Reply #579 on: May 30, 2007, 05:27:09 PM »
Right now I am playing:

Odin Sphere (PS2) - gorgeous and challenging. Now I wanna pick up Princess Crown, but as if it wasn't already pricey enough, I bet it's going to skyrocket as OS catches on.

Can you confirm whether or not Odin Sphere supports 480p?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #580 on: May 30, 2007, 06:56:49 PM »
Still haven't played any games.  Maybe I will later.  Maybe I could play a game on the Wii.  Naaawww... there aren't really any games to play on it, especially ones that are actually good and fulfilling.
If you hate the Wii so much, why the hell do you have one?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #581 on: May 30, 2007, 07:00:53 PM »
Who said I hated it?  It's just boring, that's all.  When I bought it I thought it would be fun and there would be good games.  I was wrong.  Same story for the Xbox 360.  Both systems are pretty stale.

Keranu

« Reply #582 on: May 30, 2007, 07:44:58 PM »
Maybe you should try doing this on your Wii.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #583 on: May 30, 2007, 09:22:36 PM »
FINALLY beat Okami a few weeks ago...52 freakin' hours. Well worth it -- I think every gamer should experience it, if you have a significant chunk of time you're willing to invest into it.

Right now I am playing:

I'm still playing Odin Sphere for myself as well.

Damn good animation in it beside how it plays i just wish, it didn't suffer so much from loading times.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

« Reply #584 on: May 30, 2007, 10:42:13 PM »
Quote from: Keranu

Maybe you should try doing this on your Wii.

I don't have any channels on my Wii nor the ability to have them.  The LAN adapter which lets me use the awesome and futuristic technology off the mystical ethernet cable should be arriving direct from Nintendo in the next week or so (they are slow because they are Nintendo... 3.58Mhz LOL).  After that then I can check the weather with my Wii.  I'll never have to look out another window again!