Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65225 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #630 on: June 09, 2007, 04:11:20 AM »
Quote from: Seldane

Dude, it's the customization settings that make Windows so good! That's why I can't stand Mac OS - it's like it was designed for old people. Really old. :P

Bullshit!  Mac OS X crashes every bit as much as Windows!  An OS designed for old retarded people like myself would never crash.  It'd just work!  Though I do find it amusing that a crapload of people "skin" their Windows to make it look like OSX.

FM-77

« Reply #631 on: June 09, 2007, 04:15:03 AM »
I meant more like 80-year-olds. :P

Kitsunexus

« Reply #632 on: June 09, 2007, 06:20:15 AM »
Back on topic:

MegaMan X4 (GameCube compilation)
Midway Arcade Classics (GameCube)

Man, I love the GameCube. It gets far too little love in my household-- rarely played. Maybe I'm alone here, but I think the GameCube has one of the best controller designs on a home video game console, ever. I prefer the third-party "MadCatz" version better though, cuz it's a little bigger. And transparent.

There's nothing like playing a nostalgic round of Marble Madness... That was one of the first arcade games I ever played. I was like 7 years old.

Dude, you are so right. Gamecube was a gift to the world that was sorely ignored. I <3 it.

FM-77

« Reply #633 on: June 09, 2007, 07:16:23 AM »
Maybe the Gamecube would've been playable if it featured a real controller. You know, one that was possible to play with.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #634 on: June 09, 2007, 07:28:47 AM »
Maybe the Gamecube would've been playable if it featured a real controller. You know, one that was possible to play with.

Are you kidding!? I LOVE the Gamecube controller! I love it more than the Sony Dual-Shock, so much more that I bought a converter so I can use my Gamecube pad on my PC.

nat

« Reply #635 on: June 09, 2007, 08:02:39 AM »

[-X Oh no you didn't!

The GameCube has one of the best controllers of all time. Don't ask me why I think this, but it just kind of dawned on me yesterday. It's extremely comfortable, and there is something very natural about the placement of all the controls.

FM-77

« Reply #636 on: June 09, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »
It is very comfortable to hold, but not necessarily to play. It is fairly good for 3d games, but I just can't get used to the AB/XY button setup. I NEVER press the correct buttons, which makes games like Mario Party a real nightmare sometimes (especially when you play it with friends- and lose- because you pressed the wrong buttons repeatedly). Playing 2d games is impossible, fortunately there aren't many on the Gamecube.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #637 on: June 09, 2007, 12:50:08 PM »
It is very comfortable to hold, but not necessarily to play. It is fairly good for 3d games, but I just can't get used to the AB/XY button setup. I NEVER press the correct buttons, which makes games like Mario Party a real nightmare sometimes (especially when you play it with friends- and lose- because you pressed the wrong buttons repeatedly). Playing 2d games is impossible, fortunately there aren't many on the Gamecube.

Mario Party sucks.

Turbo D

« Reply #638 on: June 09, 2007, 12:56:17 PM »
ya, I remember when I rented it for my n64. Man did that game piss me off  :x

nat

« Reply #639 on: June 09, 2007, 01:02:04 PM »

Mario Party f*cking rules (don't listen to Kitsunexus and Turbo D). Although they didn't need to come out with quite so many sequels.

You really think the 2D games are hard to play? I rather like the D-pad on that controller. I've got quite a few retro collections with 2D games (MegaMan, MegaMan X, Sonic, etc) and I think they play fine. The one conceit I will make about the standard controller is that it's too small for me. I have to use the slightly larger MadCatz one. Interestingly, MadCatz also makes a controller that is slightly smaller than the standard, which is hard for me to fathom.

Black Tiger

« Reply #640 on: June 09, 2007, 01:22:15 PM »
Wow, I'm surprised to hear that ab00t the Famicom version of Ys III. I know I've briefly tested it on an emulator a couple of times and remember thinking it wasn't too good, but I could surely be wrong since I didn't even play through the first dungeon. Did Adol have green hair in that game by chance? Why do I keep thinking there was some game where he did.

Adol's hair is red and he actually looks like Adol in the ending cinema. The game mixes the best art from every other version and even improves on some.

Here's a preview of what it looks like.

It also plays and sounds great.  8)

Am I the only one who thinks that the SNES version of Ys III's translation SUCKS?

I once read a stunning article covering the other three console ports which found that the SNES version actually has the best translation.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:30:25 PM by Black_Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nat

« Reply #641 on: June 09, 2007, 01:26:56 PM »
Is there an NES port of that game, or is it Famicom-only?

Turbo D

« Reply #642 on: June 09, 2007, 01:28:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure its famicom only

Black Tiger

« Reply #643 on: June 09, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
Is there an NES port of that game, or is it Famicom-only?

Yeah its famicom only, which is why it took me so long to find it.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nat

« Reply #644 on: June 09, 2007, 06:51:09 PM »
I once read a stunning article covering the other three console ports which found that the SNES version actually has the best translation.

That's one hardcore opinion!