Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63107 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #750 on: June 17, 2007, 07:58:22 PM »
Also, for some reason I often lose control of my character while they do some weird pose (not stunned).  It is at that time my ass gets beaten.  Is there a way to turn off the poses?
That would be the POW charge pose (not sure what it's "really" called) and you're not the first person to complain about it. I believe they removed this little "feature" in later SS games for that very reason. As if we couldn't tell from the flashing "POW!" on the bottom of the screen that the bar's full! And there's no way to turn it off.

If you hate the game so much, sell it to me. I don't even have a machine yet but I'd rather own a copy of the game then to see it blown up for YouTube mindless monkey entertainment. [-X

FM-77

« Reply #751 on: June 17, 2007, 10:09:43 PM »
- Capcom makes the best video game fighters ever.
- I disagree, it's a very good company, but I think SNK makes the best fighters ever.
- SNK sucks.
- You know something? YOU SUCK!
hahaha, so many ways that can be altered for this, and other arguments!
I need to watch that movie again, sometime soon....

HA HA HA! EXCELLENT! I had never thought of the idea of modifying that quote. That was very funny. :) I actually planned on re-watching it (for like the 20th time) a couple of days ago. :P

I have been playing Brandish 2 SNES at last (I've played it many times before, but never the SNES version). GREAT game, but not as good as Brandish 3. :)

MrFulci

« Reply #752 on: June 18, 2007, 02:59:41 AM »
Seld... FM-77,

That last post of mine sums up the last 2 dozen posts or so.

It's a bit like "cliff-notes".

Certain conversations of, "this is better than that", bring that quote, and a lot of laughter to me.

Gaming... I haven't done any in the past 2 days, however I did play about 2 hours of Magical Drop 2 on Friday. I used about 30 credits on the final opponent before I decided to stop. I'll return to it at a lower difficulty so I can get past the last opponent and see the ending, hah.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Joe Redifer

« Reply #753 on: June 18, 2007, 05:22:08 AM »
Quote from: nodtveidt

If you hate the game so much, sell it to me. I don't even have a machine yet but I'd rather own a copy of the game then to see it blown up for YouTube mindless monkey entertainment. [-X

Hey now, I said it might have worth as a two player game!  I can't wait to pose with my friends.  I will strike the better pose.  It's on!

Quote from: Mike

Take a pic of your cracked stick. I really wanna see that.

It looks like a hairline crack and pretty much feels like one, however yesterday it was a full-fledged bump that I had to push back into place.  Curiously my knob doesn't have any cracks.  No hammers were involved.  Just mashing many buttons, HARD.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #754 on: June 18, 2007, 06:32:09 AM »
Holy Jebus, Joe!  I've sent a few Turbo controllers to an early grave with a cracked board by flexing the controller with aggressive button crushing, but never a NeoGeo stick.  They're usually pretty durable, but I guess it's better to take the frustration out on the stick rather than kickin' your dog (or wife, cat, kids, whatever). 
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

FM-77

« Reply #755 on: June 18, 2007, 07:06:24 AM »
I dunno, dogs are free. :wink: :wink: Or at least they can be. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #756 on: June 18, 2007, 07:11:57 AM »
Heh my Duo-R controller still has some bent edge scars from my struggle with Bloody Wolf final boss.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #757 on: June 18, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »

Jeez,thats bad,it looks like  a massive scratch,but I mean,if you got a crack like that then I feel bad for you. I have never seen that happen before,and these things have even put up with the abuse of my kids.

Turbo D

« Reply #758 on: June 18, 2007, 12:21:07 PM »
Heh my Duo-R controller still has some bent edge scars from my struggle with Bloody Wolf final boss.

Ya, that boss was a real pain in the ass!

Jeez,thats bad,it looks like  a massive scratch,but I mean,if you got a crack like that then I feel bad for you. I have never seen that happen before,and these things have even put up with the abuse of my kids.

Haha, That dude has some strong hands or something.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #759 on: June 18, 2007, 12:25:38 PM »
I'd like to see someone try busting the Sega Arcade Stick for the Genesis.  Toughest sticks I have ever used, and quite weighty!

Turbo D

« Reply #760 on: June 18, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »
Seriously, that Sega stick is built like a tank!

termis

« Reply #761 on: June 18, 2007, 12:44:02 PM »
Talking about sturdy looking joysticks, how about these bad boys?

The Virtua Stick Pro for the Saturn

Turbo D

« Reply #762 on: June 18, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »
 =P~

nodtveidt

« Reply #763 on: June 18, 2007, 02:30:45 PM »
Haha, That dude has some strong hands or something.
When you spend half the day whacking the monkey...well, nvm...

TJ

« Reply #764 on: June 20, 2007, 04:00:34 PM »
Talking about sturdy looking joysticks, how about these bad boys?

The Virtua Stick Pro for the Saturn

:shock: Holy F**K that is a thing of beauty.

I totally have a thing for arcade sticks for home consoles. I grew up playing games in the '80s man, during the golden age of arcades and Atari -- I'm a dyed-in-the-wool joystick man. I got the Advantage stick for the NES, and it wasn't until I got a Super NES that I begrudgingly started using pads (even then I got the Super Advantage, but found it a little sketchy). SNK packaging the Neo-Geo with two sticks made the ridiculous price tag of the AES worth every penny in my eyes (not that I paid that for mine, but still...the perception of value was there). The Saturn Virtua Stick from Sega and the almighty Dreamcast arcade stick from ASCII got me through countless shmups and fighters. And lately I have been lusting after a Hori Real Arcade Pro -- any version -- for the PS2.

But I've never seen that VSP for Saturn...wow! I want one!