Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63013 times)

Ninja Spirit

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« on: July 14, 2005, 06:03:52 PM »
Y'all might know this breed of threads at other gaming forums as "Currently Playing/Daily Check" Threads. Post whatever you played for the day, or big accomplishments, brag about getting your new game or tell how great that underrated game you tried was.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 06:39:37 PM »
Let's see here....Currently playing:

PC: Battlefield 2 (WAY fun)
PSP: Coded Arms, Midnight Club 3, Dead to Rights (renting all of them)

In the queue: Ys VII (PC)
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 08:08:56 PM »
I haven't been doing much gaming the past month because I have been a bit busy. However the other day I spent some time playing Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu for TG16 and had a fun time making it all the way to that last level.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

lord_cack

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 12:55:35 AM »
Well I have been playing, when I get a chance to, I been playing Gate of Thunder or Lords of Thunder.
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

akamichi

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 01:18:04 AM »
I've been trying to organize my PCE collection for the last week or so.  Popped in Vigilante and Lode Runner for a little bit.

But, the games I've been playing on and off for the last few months are:
Spikeout Battle Street
Virtua Fighter 4 FT (arcade)
Tekken 5
Resident Evil 4
Gradius 5
Tatsujin (PCE)

I tend to lose interest in the new games quickly these days.  Just can't bring myself to turn them on.  I was playing MGS3 for a while and just stopped.  Not because of lack of interest, but just don't feel like committing much time to it.  Same with RE4.  

I guess I have a short attention span. :)

KingDrool

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 02:06:45 AM »
Killer 7 (GCN), Meteos (NDS), World of Warcraft (PC), Psychonauts (XBX).
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 02:13:14 AM »
Practiced PC Guilty Gear XX #Reload on my new laptop. Runs a whole lot better than it did on the desktop.

<<<<< Johnny, my avatar

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 05:14:28 AM »
Taking a break from homework playing Guwange on MAME right now.

zborgerd

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 07:27:45 AM »
Turbo - Sapphire
Gamecube - Metroid Prime: Echos
Linux - Several betas of games that will be out soon

nodtveidt

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 02:11:06 PM »
About the only game I play on a regular basis is RuneScape. :D

Paladin

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 03:12:39 PM »
I was playing Sapphire, Dragon Slayer, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Valis 3 and Valkyrie Profile but I got Ys: Oath in Felghana like a week ago and I haven't even touched another game since. Really the job Falcom did on remaking 3 is just amazing. Its music is beyond awsome, its gameplay is an enhanced verison of 6, and they tweeked the story abit to fit in with the rest of the games. The game difficulty is also back with a vengence. Its about 10 times harder than the SNES verison on normal with a Hard, Nightmare, and recently released (from the lasest patch) Inferno mode. Hard is rough enough but Nightmare and Inferno will likely make me brake my moniter in frustration. Then again I don't have a controller for my PC so I'm using a keyboard.

I need to beat Ys on Nightmare so I can go back to playing those other games. That and I need to finish Dragon Force 2. I've still got a month before college starts up though so I should have the time.

Sorry about the off topic Ys rambling, but I just couldn't help myself. :oops:

twor2005

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 09:14:11 PM »
Quote from: "Paladin"
I was playing Sapphire, Dragon Slayer, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Valis 3 and Valkyrie Profile but I got Ys: Oath in Felghana like a week ago and I haven't even touched another game since. Really the job Falcom did on remaking 3 is just amazing. Its music is beyond awsome, its gameplay is an enhanced verison of 6, and they tweeked the story abit to fit in with the rest of the games. The game difficulty is also back with a vengence. Its about 10 times harder than the SNES verison on normal with a Hard, Nightmare, and recently released (from the lasest patch) Inferno mode. Hard is rough enough but Nightmare and Inferno will likely make me brake my moniter in frustration. Then again I don't have a controller for my PC so I'm using a keyboard.

I need to beat Ys on Nightmare so I can go back to playing those other games. That and I need to finish Dragon Force 2. I've still got a month before college starts up though so I should have the time.

Sorry about the off topic Ys rambling, but I just couldn't help myself. :oops:

Any word on a stateside release or a translation for this? Are you playing in Japanese?

Paladin

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 05:27:09 AM »
Yeah I'm playing it in Japanese. So far no one I've heard has stated they are going to be fan translating it. Even if you have absolutely no knowledge of Japanese it doesn't hinder the game too much in terms of gameplay. There are already a couple FAQs out there and they get the job done.

As far as a stateside release I've heard that it might be ported to the PSP if Ark of Napishtim sells fairly well on it. Of course that is just people talking; it isn't official. I would rather see it ported to a console, but I'll take what I can get.

I should really make some screenshots, and, or movies to show off the game.

esteban

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »
currently playing:

SMS: Shinobi, Wonderboy
Famicom: Formation Z

friendly competition with friends:
Apple ][: Lode Runner , Archon
(my friend still uses his Apple ][, not just for gaming, but as a word processor and has a dot matrix printer!!!)

ARCHON RULES !!!!!!
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 03:10:25 PM »
I give major applause to your friend, Steve! Using an Apple ][ for necessary needs today is ultra hardcore! He must be a radical person.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).