Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63481 times)

crazydean

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #3120 on: April 06, 2018, 05:40:32 PM »
Been replaying megaman games lately, my favorite nes games. Played through 4 yesterday and 5 today. Also played through 4 Minus Infinity, which is an outstanding remake/hack

I’ve had a tube from Mega Man X stuck in my head this week so I beat a few bosses tonight. It’s funny how difficult I found this game when I was young.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Gypsy

« Reply #3121 on: April 10, 2018, 01:48:04 PM »
Finished up Pillars of Eternity. 9/10

zetastrike

« Reply #3122 on: April 25, 2018, 12:02:47 AM »
I finally got a working PCE gamepad after having one with a faulty II button for a while (after taking it apart and cleaning it inside out).  I spent last night playing Gradius II, Rondo, and Bonanza Bros.  All fantastic games.

nopepper

« Reply #3123 on: April 25, 2018, 04:13:18 AM »
I have been playing Cruisn USA on the N64, which I got for a dollar at the Mile High Flea Market. I remember this game getting panned by critics back in the day and me also looking down upon it when I played it at my dentists office (!) , as the frame rate and music were absolutely awful when played through that 13" CRT he had.

Well, I started playing it, and kept playing, and couldnt put it down. WTF?!?

This game is absolutely awesome. I wonder if I would think differently had I payed more than a dollar for it, but I'm almost tempted to say that it would be worth retail. It just has such a great sensation of speed, and the music eventually grows on you, and the little random elements, such as weaving cars and weird screams here and there, to keep things interesting.

I'm now going through the races at the highest difficulty and the game is still keeping me engrossed. This is probably the best "bad" game I've ever played. It just seems like the game is very self aware about it's cheesiness, and it never loses track that it needs to be fun. It reminds me quite a lot of Road Rash on the Genesis...the controls are similar, the sense of speed, the choppy frame rate, the twanky super catchy music...yeah, this game is great and a ton of fun just like Road Rash.

gheebee

« Reply #3124 on: April 25, 2018, 04:21:04 AM »
Been playing Ittle Dew 2+ on Switch since Sat. and love this game! It's basically like the original Zelda except cute/silly. Originally I was getting pretty frustrated by the later bosses but now that I've finally gotten used to them I can't think of a single thing I don't like about the game. Nice graphics, great music in certain parts, occasionally funny dialog, and pretty satisfying gameplay. Already beat the main part of the game and am currently working on the last secret dungeon so I can get the final key to fight the final boss. I highly recommend this one, if anyone picks it up try and get the day one edition with the map and manual. I got the regular edition not realizing that this could still be had for around the same price. :/

Also got Gal Gun 2 yesterday and tried that out, it's a pretty ridiculous game but also a lot of fun. I love fps but hate them on consoles because playing with a controller really sucks compared to keyboard and mouse on a PC but with this one you stand still while you're fighting so it's really not that bad. Sadly this game has a distinction that no other console game I've ever owned has, it froze/crashed during the first hour I played it. :/ Fortunately everything seemed alright after; my game was saved and it didn't crash again in the hour and a half or so I played it for after closing and restarting it.

roflmao

« Reply #3125 on: April 25, 2018, 07:31:04 AM »
I picked up Starpoint Gemini Warlords on Steam a couple of days ago and have been having a blast playing it. It's currently on sale for about $12.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/419480/Starpoint_Gemini_Warlords/

Gypsy

« Reply #3126 on: April 26, 2018, 03:41:02 PM »
Yakuza 6.  :catastrophy:

geise

« Reply #3127 on: April 28, 2018, 07:00:59 AM »
Sword of Vermilion, Armed Police Batrider, Unravel. Still early in the day with time to obey. Been humming Star Parodier's title theme song in my head all day. So more than likely going to play that.

Digi.k

« Reply #3128 on: April 28, 2018, 07:26:22 AM »
Started playing the Witcher 3 game of the year edition.  Really liking the mood and setting despite slightly buggy gameplay and almost unfair predicaments it places you into very early on in the game when you are underpowered and under levelled....

jtucci31

« Reply #3129 on: April 30, 2018, 06:48:16 AM »
Recently beat Bloodborne, didn't beat every optional boss but still got the good ending and felt pretty good. What a great game, can't wait to try more Souls games!

Also been playing some Donkey Kong Country on the snes classic in preparation for Tropical Freeze on the Switch this Friday.

Gypsy

« Reply #3130 on: September 20, 2019, 08:40:15 PM »
I realize that post is over a year old but yeah Bloodborne is awesome. The Orphan of Kos is a real mfer.

I'm playing Xenogears. It's...man I don't know it's not particulary good in any one way but I can't stop playing.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3131 on: December 08, 2019, 09:31:24 AM »
Last Xmas we got a PS4 in the house. Over that time I've been playing through Uncharted 2, Ys 8 and Tetris Effect off and on again.  I need to set aside more time to game damnit!!

I did have a pretty fun session of Hatris and Cotton on PCE recently too. ;)

AkumajoTonyX

• "Into The Unknown!"
« Reply #3132 on: December 08, 2019, 08:58:50 PM »
I still have quite a few PS3 games that I haven't even opened yet. It's hard to find the time, let alone devote the hours needed to play through a game.

Gypsy

« Reply #3133 on: December 08, 2019, 10:44:08 PM »
So apparently the last time I posted in this thread I mentioned Bloodborne and well...I'm playing it again. Trying to do it all on 10 VIT. It's a real beyotch at times with such low health. I'm not allowing myself to use the health increasing runes either.

I just killed Micolash so I'm near the end of the game. Debating if I want to try the DLC. Ludwig and Orphan will bend me over lol.

Mathius

« Reply #3134 on: December 17, 2019, 06:26:22 PM »
Been running through Bioshock on 360 for the first time in over a decade. What a fabulous game and it holds up nicer than most games of that period. As I don't own any of the sequels I think I'll finally nab the Remaster collection for my PS4. To the first person who reads this post: Would You Kindly buy me one?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406