Author Topic: Neo Geo (2011) short film status - Release on Feb. 16th!  (Read 2503 times)

rag-time4

Re: Neo Geo Tribute film - need your feedback!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »
Haha....I don't want to appear biased by adding Neo Bomberman in there :)  We'll see which games make the cut.

What is everyone's opinion on adding Neo Geo Pocket in there as well?  Should it be included with the AES & CD unit or have it's own film?
If you don't show a little bias in your vid I'll be personally hurt and disappointed!!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 05:54:18 PM »
Zeta reminded me... I still need to pick up King of Fighters 1, but I haven't seen it around for a long time.  I don't care about 3 Count Bout or Art of Fighting 1.  I have Art of Fighting 1 on the PC Engine Arcade Card CD thingy and it is way more powerful than the NeoGeo version.

Shock Troopers is pretty awesome.  I have that for my AES.  **waits**

Tatsujin

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 07:45:07 PM »
I can't believe that the word "Last Resort" isn't dropped in here not one time?!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

TR0N

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »
Magician Lord will most likely be the only phyical AES cart in the film so your wish is granted :)

I have also posted over at NGFL which the people over there have started sending me feedback.
Cool as most mention waku waku 7,twinkle starsprites and windjammers wouldn't hurt either.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

sunteam_paul

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 10:12:09 PM »
When I think of Neo Geo, I think of games like Magician Lord, Viewpoint, Last Resort, Windjammers.

And NGP should have its own, yes.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Pcenginefx

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 05:32:41 AM »
The AES system I bought for the film just arrived today!

//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Joe Redifer

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 06:23:39 AM »
Sweet!  I am jealous of that box!

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 05:31:13 PM »
A lot of the classics are great on the Neo Geo to me, but some aged rather poorly. Some of the well known ones as mentioned, including Fatal Fury 1 are still enjoyable. I still think Fatal Fury 1 is an important entry out of the fighting games on the Neo, even though it's dated and the controls are sluggish.

My personal favorites, roughly are:

Nam 1975
Last Resort
Fatal Fury 1 and Special
Baseball Stars 2
Samurai Shodown 2
KOF 95/96/97  (I like the story scenes and overall presentation, what can I say.)
Art of Fighting 3
Last Blade 1
Shock Troopers 1
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special and Real Bout 2  (It is a tie with these two. RBS would be the best to mention though)
Metal Slug 3  (Say what you will about it being long, but this one just had the most action and fun to me. I like 1, 2, X and 3)
Mark of The Wolves

Notice I don't mention Playmore released titles,  :-" . Yep, didn't really like the new SNK after 2000 that much. Even though, most of the games I don't like from then on, I feel that Rage of The Dragons, KOF 2002 and Matrimelee are pretty decent games. Still, they just don't compare to the original SNK company made games to me.

A good way to go about it would be to pick 1 of each category out of the classics, and 1 of each category out of later releases from maybe 1996-200X. The games changed a lot in the mid-late 90s compared to the games released in the first couple of years. We went from classic arcade to more of in depth and slightly more complicated arcade games. Similar to the transition of arcade games ported on the Genesis and then to the Saturn.

Keep in mind that each fighting game series to me, is a different category when it comes to the Neo Geo. So you got Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown, KOF, Last Blade, World Heroes and Savage Reign even. Then there are the single titles like Gowcaizer, Mark of The Wolves, Rage of The Dragons, etc... I guess, just pick favorites out of each series and then a few single titles that are most liked when it comes to fighting games.

A good list to use would be:

Nam 1975
Magician Lord
Super Sidekicks 1-3 - pick which one
Baseball Stars 1 or 2
Last Resort
King of The Monsters 1 or 2
Sengoku 1 or 2
Fatal Fury 1
AOF 1 or 2
Samurai Shodown 1 or 2
Top Hunter or Spinmaster
KOF 94 and 98
Magical Drop or Puzzle Bobble games - pick which one
Metal Slug 1, 2, X or 3
Shock Troopers 1
World Heroes 1 or 2
Ninja Masters
Last Blade 1
Real Bout Special
Mark of The Wolves

This is just a rough list I would go by. I don't know too much about the puzzle, racing and sports games all that much. I only own a few from each of those categories, but not one puzzle game for some reason.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »
The AES system I bought for the film just arrived today!

I hope you bought it just to take pictures of because its going to take several thousand dollars to accumulate all the software we've been talking about here if you are buying AES versions.

Pcenginefx

Teaser Trailer
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 08:19:24 PM »
Very early teaser trailer for my upcoming Neo Geo (2010) film. Featuring some of my new camera hardware to be used for the production and one surprise shot at the end :)  I'm still waiting for enough $$$$ to get my motion control system but things are coming together...
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Mathius

Re: Neo Geo Tribute film - Test shot now online!
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »
Hey Aaron! That was me (TheMathius78) who replied on your Neo Geo trailer on You-Tube about getting an AES exactly (more or less) when you started this project. I know you've been asking the guys over at Neo-Geo.com (I am a member there too) for suggestions. They all can be extremely harsh in their criticisms, but please don't let them discourage you. Make the film the way you want to. You have to be satisfied with it, not us. :wink:

But here is my two cents....

Back in the 90s I remember when the Neo Geo AES first debuted. It was the biggest, baddest console ever to be released. I couldn't believe it. It tore to shreds every console that got in its way. The only console that ever came close to competing with it was our beloved little PC Engine, and it's Arcade Card. The Neo Geo was in your face! And that, I believe, would be the best route to take as far as presentation. I am sure this idea has already been suggested, but just add my name to that bowl. One member on the Neo forums likened the NEC Remembrance vids to a funeral, and in some ways they are a little depressing. Don't get me wrong, I love those videos. But, the Neo deserves an "In Your Face" style. Turn that sh#t up to 11 brother! :twisted:

Good luck, Aaron. You have my full support. :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:21:51 PM by Mathius »
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Tatsujin

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 03:43:17 PM »
cool vid and equip, but couldn't see any neogeo yet :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 03:49:24 PM »
cool vid and equip, but couldn't see any neogeo yet :)

When you do it'll be shock and awe! ;)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Joe Redifer

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
I still have the letter that the SNK Game Lord Chad Okada wrote to me if you want to use that in the video as a dramatic reading over the visuals.  It basically proclaims that Neo Geo is the Real Deal and that everyone else is a goddamn loser.

blueraven

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 09:36:11 PM »
Very early teaser trailer for my upcoming Neo Geo (2010) film. Featuring some of my new camera hardware to be used for the production and one surprise shot at the end :)  I'm still waiting for enough $$$$ to get my motion control system but things are coming together...

Great job on the mis en sciene. I especially like the operatic accent on the tripod. Very Badass :D
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol