Author Topic: Neo Geo (2011) short film status - Release on Feb. 16th!  (Read 2504 times)

Pcenginefx

Neo Geo (2011) short film status - Release on Feb. 16th!
« on: May 12, 2010, 05:03:41 PM »
To fans of the Neo Geo:

I am posting to ask for your help and advice for a new tribute film I am working on for the Neo Geo system.  If you haven’t seen what I’ve done with the NEC consoles, please take a look at the following to get a feel for my shooting style and cinematography.

Remembrance: A NEC Console Legacy Film

The NEC PC-FX: A Retrospect

TurboExpress: A Momento

Now that you’ve seen what I’ve done for the NEC consoles, I’m branching out to other systems and I’d love to do the Neo Geo next.  I personally own the Neo Geo CD (top loader) unit & CD games and I just sourced a Neo Geo AES to include in the film as well.  What I would like in terms of feedback from any Neo Geo fan is what games you would love to see featured in the film.  I wish to include as much gameplay footage as possible (similar to my PC-FX Retrospect film) but for time considerations can only feature up to 15 games and I want them to be the games that really capture the essence of what the Neo Geo is all about.

Please feel free to post here or even email me at pcefx@pcenginefx.com with any thoughts, comments or suggestions on what you would think would make a proper Neo Geo tribute film.  Thanks everyone!

-Aaron

PS:  I have been trying to post this over where I should be asking this: http://www.neo-geo.com with no success.  Shawn (the webmaster) has approved my account (multiple times) but I am still unable to get this posted in their General Discussion forums.  If anyone has an account over there and could post this up that would be wonderful as I really would like to hear what the Geo community has to say before I start production on the film.  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:27:44 PM by Pcenginefx »
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Joe Redifer

Re: Neo Geo Tribute film - need your feedback!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:27:40 PM »
The Neo Geo forums?  **shudder**  Maybe because it has a link it can't be posted (the forum probably thinks its spam).  They are pretty special over there.  Anyway, I'll send you an e-mail.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »
When I posted the thread it told me that the message was waiting mod approval however hasn't gone through for days.  That's why I contacted Shawn directly to approve my account (considering who I am, I figured he would be happy to grant me posting privileges, which he did).  But I'm still having issues posting :\
//Aaron

Joe Redifer

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:25:18 PM »
Ah.  You have zero posts, yes? That means you probably are in a pool of new users whose posts (or threads) have to be approved (spam prevention measure).  Can you post in an existing thread?  Likely they are checking, but see no new threads to approve.  They probably have something set wrong in the administrator control panel.  Ask to have your usergroup changed to whatever the normal one is.  It'll only take him a few seconds and you don't have to worry about making x amount of approved posts before getting bumped into that usergroup automatically by the forum.

Personally, I like to have a question and answer scheme set up for new registrants to avoid spam (and keep those who know nothing about the system out).  But whatever floats their boat...

rag-time4

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 07:37:13 PM »
My favorite Neo Geo games are Fatal Fury 1, Nam 1975, and Ninja Combat!

TR0N

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 10:40:17 PM »
Long as ya throw in magician lord for the video pcfx i'll aprove it.

Btw for not being to post yet at ng.com the approval process,has become stricter over the years.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Pcenginefx

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 04:50:12 AM »
Magician Lord will most likely be the only phyical AES cart in the film so your wish is granted :)

I have also posted over at NGFL which the people over there have started sending me feedback.
//Aaron

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 05:05:05 AM »
One vote here for including Twinkle Star Sprites.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 06:42:49 AM »
Magician Lord, Rage of the Dragons, KOF 95, Real Bout Special FF, Matrimelee, Baseball Stars Prof, Metal Slug (duh), and just for kickers I'd say Neo Bomberman!  ;)

RoyVegas

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 07:00:45 AM »
and just for kickers I'd say Neo Bomberman!  ;)

WIN!
All is well. :)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 09:48:02 AM »
To a lot of people "what the Neo Geo is all about" is King of Monsters 1, 3 Count Bout, and Art of Fighting 1 since they bought an AES instead of a MVS and that's all they can afford. Your video, IMO, should de-emphesise the flea market ghetto and focus on the really awesome stuff:

Blazing Star
Rage of Dragons
Real Bout 2
Magical Drop 3
Samshow 2/4
Shock Troopers 1/2
Twinkle Star Sprites
KOF 98/99/2000/2002/2003
Last Blade 2
Metal Slug (take your pick, my favorite is X)
Waku Waku 7
Super Baseball 2020 (one of the few $10 games I still love)

WoodyXP

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 10:01:40 AM »
I'd love to see a Neo Geo tribute.  On top of what everybody has suggested I'd like to see Garou: MOTW in there. 8)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:19:38 AM »
... and just for kickers I'd say Neo Bomberman!  ;)

Hell yeah!  For Mr. Nanto, there's probably a law mandating its inclusion.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Pcenginefx

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »
Haha....I don't want to appear biased by adding Neo Bomberman in there :)  We'll see which games make the cut.

What is everyone's opinion on adding Neo Geo Pocket in there as well?  Should it be included with the AES & CD unit or have it's own film?
//Aaron

SignOfZeta

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 02:59:46 PM »
It should have its own film. I have a lot of opinions on the NGP, as does Exodus, so be sure to solicit input for that one.

UPDATE: I forgot about Garou. That one is a must. Neo Bomberman however...isn't very good. :( Its not bad or anything, it just doesn't really kick very much ass. The graphics aren't really any better than they were on the "lesser" systems (worse, in some cases) and its only two players.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:01:39 PM by SignOfZeta »