Author Topic: Neo Geo (2011) short film status - Release on Feb. 16th!  (Read 2500 times)

Pcenginefx

Re: Neo Geo Tribute film - Test shot now online!
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2010, 06:43:08 PM »
I've still not locked down the music I wish to use for the Neo Geo segment due to the fact that I do wish to make this a more in-your-face piece however I'm going for a powerful/epic feel with a short segment for history thrown in. 

At this point, the project will most likely be very short - under 3 mins, to facilitate faster cuts - so don't expect anything as long as say my PC-FX film.

I can't wait to get this project done - the amount of flack I've gotten already is surprising to say the least and I've not even CREATED anything yet.  I'm going to try my best to please the Neo Geo community with something never-before-done in a tribute video, but there are people out there who can't stand me getting artsy-fartsy with "their" consoles and think I'm going to make the Geo film feel like a funeral (like I was EVER going to go that route with the Geo!).
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Mathius

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2010, 07:00:57 PM »
I've still not locked down the music I wish to use for the Neo Geo segment due to the fact that I do wish to make this a more in-your-face piece however I'm going for a powerful/epic feel with a short segment for history thrown in. 

At this point, the project will most likely be very short - under 3 mins, to facilitate faster cuts - so don't expect anything as long as say my PC-FX film.

I can't wait to get this project done - the amount of flack I've gotten already is surprising to say the least and I've not even CREATED anything yet.  I'm going to try my best to please the Neo Geo community with something never-before-done in a tribute video, but there are people out there who can't stand me getting artsy-fartsy with "their" consoles and think I'm going to make the Geo film feel like a funeral (like I was EVER going to go that route with the Geo!).

Like I said in my previous post, don't let those guys at NG.com get in your head. They love their drama over there, and have alienated many fine people in the process. I figured out how to handle myself over there, and you will too. :wink: Just make the film you want to make, and if the old vets over there don't like it then they can make their own films. Probably won't happen though. Your right! They don't own this great console SNK gave us. Give it a tribute that only PCFX can. I have faith in you.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Joe Redifer

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »
Ha!  That makes me want to make my own Neo Geo short that ends with the system sitting by a gravestone and then text appears on the screen "Neo Geo: it never even had a chance to live".  Then I'd sit back and watch the fireworks.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »
Oh please do...I'd love to see that Joe!  Make sure to use really depressing music :P

All kidding aside, I really sincerely hope the Geo community will enjoy the film once it is done.  I love filmmaking and only have the best of intentions for the project, but if people hate it...so be it (they can make their own tribute!).
//Aaron

Mathius

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 04:41:34 AM »
Ha!  That makes me want to make my own Neo Geo short that ends with the system sitting by a gravestone and then text appears on the screen "Neo Geo: it never even had a chance to live".  Then I'd sit back and watch the fireworks.

Heh, they'd probably gear up for full scale war.  :lol:

Mathius

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »
How's the project coming along, Aaron? Hope the few who are very cynical over at NG didn't make you lose any motivation. I'm rooting for you, man! :)

Pcenginefx

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 03:44:25 AM »
How's the project coming along, Aaron? Hope the few who are very cynical over at NG didn't make you lose any motivation. I'm rooting for you, man! :)

Oh it is still on - the plan is to make it short and sweet... it will only be about 2mins, in the style of a movie trailer.  I pretty much know now how I will be shooting my scenes and how it will look, but I'm waiting to purchase the last piece of my motion control camera dolly system (still saving up for it....it costs $1,000).  Most likely start production in early Aug.
//Aaron

Tatsujin

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 04:02:53 AM »
Since I'm now an AES owner as well (lol), I will be even more looking FWD to see your work Aaron :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 04:20:50 AM »
Since I'm now an AES owner as well (lol), I will be even more looking FWD to see your work Aaron :)
Welcome, brother.

Oh it is still on - the plan is to make it short and sweet... it will only be about 2mins, in the style of a movie trailer.  I pretty much know now how I will be shooting my scenes and how it will look, but I'm waiting to purchase the last piece of my motion control camera dolly system (still saving up for it....it costs $1,000).  Most likely start production in early Aug.

One minty copy of Magical Chase should clear that up. Er, did you sell that one during the auctions last year?

Pcenginefx

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2010, 06:11:38 AM »
Yah, sold my sealed Magical Chase on July 4, 2009 for $2,901.01.
//Aaron

Mathius

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 06:28:41 AM »
Yah, sold my sealed Magical Chase on July 4, 2009 for $2,901.01.

I thought you might have, but I couldn't remember.

Hey Tats, you should come join us over at Neo-Geo.com. There are a lot of cool people over there despite what's been said, and I think you would fit in nicely. Hope to see you there. :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:31:32 AM by Mathius »

Pcenginefx

Re: The Neo Geo: Bigger Badder Better (short film, 2010) - Status
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 06:35:44 AM »
Production on the short film has officially started.  I'm working on the title sequence right now which has a quick 3D SNK logo fly-in, as well as a "neo geo"-like re-design of my own logo.  After that is complete, it's off to start filming the first live-action sequence.
//Aaron

Mathius

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 06:40:52 AM »
Cool! Good luck! :)

Pcenginefx

Neo Geo film status - 10-05-10
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 08:09:16 PM »
After a delay in working on the film (got WAY too busy with real paying gigs :) I have resumed production on my yet-to-be-titled Neo Geo short.  I have a bunch of Neo Geo items which are coming to me right now from Europe & Japan for the shoot, and I am setting up the first live-action scene now for filming.  Below is a taste of what the first scene will involve...

//Aaron

Mathius

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2010, 05:59:09 AM »
Awesome! :D I was wondering if the project was still in production.