Author Topic: Dragon Warrior VII & VIII: opinions?  (Read 732 times)

doomfarer75

Dragon Warrior VII & VIII: opinions?
« on: August 01, 2005, 03:36:41 AM »
Hey everyone...I recently put the Duo aside for a bit to work on DWVII on an old playstation I got for cheap.  I loved this series on the NES and was wondering if anyone here was a fan too and what you thought of VII ,  and whether you think VIII will be good or not.  the trailer looks crazy...!
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

twor2005

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 06:53:18 AM »
I loved Dragon Warrior VII. The graphics are strangely primitive but the game is just plain fun. Its strength or weakness depending on how you look at it is its length. I put in over 100 hours before I gave up and I still havent finished. :shock:

Yeah next to Ys DW VIII justified my purchase of a PS2. Though i must say i have no idea what the screenshots or game looks like anymore.

GUTS

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 07:34:04 AM »
DWVII was pretty cool, but I was discouraged by people saying it takes at least 140+ hours to beat, I just couldn't imagine spending that much time on one game.  DWVIII looks awesome though, I'll buy it the day it comes out.

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 08:40:57 AM »
Never played it, but I think over a 100 hours is excessive for a RPG :P .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

twor2005

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 10:26:03 PM »
90 some hours into the game the story really starts teasing you heavily too. You think you're building to the big climax, then something will happen to complicate things. Then you'll sort that out and even more problems will arise.

Anyone who hasn't seen the recent slime shaped controller should definitely check it out.