Author Topic: Chop Chop Caveman (iPhone)  (Read 413 times)

KingDrool

Chop Chop Caveman (iPhone)
« on: January 25, 2011, 04:43:26 AM »
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I wanted to let you guys know about this game:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chop-chop-caveman/id393145311?mt=8

While you're sitting around waiting for Hudson to get off their asses and release Bonk: Brink of Extinction, you may want to check out Chop Chop Caveman, a neat little game for the iPhone that is the closest thing I've seen to a good Bonk game in years. The controls take a bit of getting used to, but I managed to play through the entire thing and once I put some time into it, the controls actually make a lot of sense. There's no on-screen d-pad or buttons or any of that other typical BS. Instead, you simply point where you want the caveman to go, tap the screen to jump, tap on the enemies to attack them, etc. Again, it's a bit frustrating at first, but after some practice I actually think it's a brilliant solution.

Best part? It's only a buck.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Chop Chop Caveman (iPhone)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:52:27 AM »

Definitely a Bonk ripoff, but I'm kinda digging the art.  Take note Hudson!

U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 07:28:23 AM »
Rip Off? Because it has a caveman in it? "Caveman Platformer" used to be an entire genre in itself. Bonk doesn't own it.

He does eat meat, but he doesn't mutate, or climb walls with his teeth or "bonk" anything. It just looks like typical Flash-esque really really really floaty iPhone game that happens to have a cave man in it.

TheClash603

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:46:54 AM »
I watched the video, and the game looks unplayable without physical buttons...

KingDrool

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 04:32:34 AM »
I watched the video, and the game looks unplayable without physical buttons...

I played through the entire thing, so...yeah. Not "unplayable". Actually, quite "playable". Again, you simply tap on the screen to make him go forward, tap an enemy to attack, and tap on a ledge to jump to it. I admit that it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do it's really quite a good game.

Anyway, it's not a Bonk ripoff, but I figured since this site has so many Bonk fans, that a few of you may be interested.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!