Author Topic: HELP / ADVICE needed regarding Turbo Express  (Read 176 times)

rookie3001

HELP / ADVICE needed regarding Turbo Express
« on: May 12, 2011, 02:58:04 AM »
Hello everybody!

I have a Turbo Express that is in nice cosmetic condition and overall is in working condition (video) but is suffering from the sound problem (low volume output) that seems to be pretty common among these units.

It is my understanding these can be fixed with new capacitors swapped for the old ones.

Here is where I need some advice / help. I've seen some fixes on doing it yourself... and the capacitors appear to be inexpensive costs. ...but soldering capacitors to a circuit board is not something I've ever done before. I would hate to break the unit.

Are there any affordable and reputable sources where this sort of thing could be serviced / fixed? Would it be advisable to go ahead and replace all the capacitors beyond the sound repair?

Any names or contacts / help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks for your time and help!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: HELP / ADVICE needed regarding Turbo Express
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 03:37:55 AM »
People on this forum can fix that crap.  Im half asleep so I forget who does them.  Duo_R I think does!

and maybe Mathius? I dunno.  Ill shut up now.  whoever does the repairs will end up posting soon lol

in the mean time, plug speakers into the headphone jack and crank the volume!
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

thesteve

Re: HELP / ADVICE needed regarding Turbo Express
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »
I can do it, as can chop and beemer.
yes replace them all as the failure is due to poor manufacturing of the original caps.