Author Topic: Ninjas for Hire: You hafta watch this clip! Great music too.  (Read 958 times)

doomfarer75

Ninjas for Hire: You hafta watch this clip! Great music too.
« on: September 12, 2005, 04:41:41 PM »
Hey all,

go to

http://www.holylemon.com/CoolMartialArts.html

and wait for the clip to play..this guy is  amazing!  (I am also wondering what band does the music of the song it is played to...great song!)

then when it is done,  press view next clip to see one more short hilarious one
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

doomfarer75

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 02:36:34 PM »
can't believe no ones watched it yet....:(
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

doomfarer75

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 12:57:52 AM »
I still Believe in this Post!!!!:)

nodtveidt

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 02:00:29 AM »
lol :D

I watched it when you posted this...I don't know who does the music though.

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 12:07:01 PM »
I watched it when you posted it as well and was meaning to post about it as well. Some really cool unreal looking video game stunts the guy was doing, but I'm sorry, I thought the music blew. Can't listen to newer music :( . Still a cool video though, thanks.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

lord_cack

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 05:28:46 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
I watched it when you posted it as well and was meaning to post about it as well. Some really cool unreal looking video game stunts the guy was doing, but I'm sorry, I thought the music blew. Can't listen to newer music :( . Still a cool video though, thanks.

I agree with Keranu...cool stunts...sh*&ty music...new music...what I like to call "cry baby rock" (ie my mother didnt hug me so now Im depressed....my daddy ran out so now Im depressed)....just sucks...and the call it punk....please....give me The Misfits...("I got something to say...I killed your baby today!")....thats punk
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

esteban

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 07:31:51 PM »
When I switch computers, I promise to check out the video. I'm curious to hear this music that everyone hates.
  |    | 

GUTS

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 12:03:46 AM »
Sounds like it's probably Linkin Park or one of the various other "crybaby rock" bands (as lord cack so nicely puts it) like Staind, Disturbed, etc, so you're probably better off being ignorant of it, haha.  I know I wish I could forget a crapload of those horrible songs.

Speaking of which, I heard possibly the worst one yet the other day.  The lyrics were, honest to God, something like- "before you get home, i'm already stoned!  you turn off the tv, and you scream at me!".  It sounded like the guy had stolen the lyrics from his 11 year old little brother's trapper keeper or something.

lord_cack

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 01:10:00 AM »
its clear that music takes over every thread so lets take this one....

does anyone remember:

Suicidle Tendencies....The Misfits....Ramones...The Clash....does anyone remember what real punk music is....(not Blink 182, Sum 41....what the f*&k is it with numbers in band names...) hell bands cant even do a good job of ripping off Green Day....let alone classics like The Clash or The Misfits....how about The Dead Milkmen...that was some great music...kids now aren't "Punk"....just punks....

Ten bands I hate(for the most part...light even shines on a dogs a$$ sometimes):

Good Charlotte
Sum 41
Blink 182
Linkin Park
Pappa Roach
Stained
Hoobastank
Bowling for Soup (but you gotta resect a band with a fat guy in it...fat guy represent...)
Limp Biskit
Korn (these guys are the near exception...they atleast rock hard..)

doomfarer75

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 07:15:40 AM »
Now, as everyone here now knows,  I am an old country guy type, but everyone once in a while I enjoy harder stuff...that song, whoever it is, sounds more like the Dropkick Murphy's than stained or any of those other "me too" feeling sorry for my self band...definitely more upbeat..I was curious if anyone knows who it is, so we can get to the bottom of its genre.

Mainly though his gymnastics are great...i think it's hilarious the guy is a "Ninja for Hire", and he and his buddies' website is pretty cool..they're a stunt gang or something...  

By the way, did anyone go ahead and view the Very NEXT short clip there??  I laughed..:)

Keranu

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 12:02:55 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Speaking of which, I heard possibly the worst one yet the other day.  The lyrics were, honest to God, something like- "before you get home, i'm already stoned!  you turn off the tv, and you scream at me!".  It sounded like the guy had stolen the lyrics from his 11 year old little brother's trapper keeper or something.

Hahaha, where do you come up with stuff like "11 year old little brother's trapper keeper"? That's something about Bigger Universo that makes it so awesome because you think of this hilarious ways of describing something (like in the Mr. Nutz review with having your anus stretched to epic proportions and dipped in battery acid) and adding a slight 80's touch to it, hahaha!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nodtveidt

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 04:07:24 PM »
Wow, I can't believe there's a Dead Milkmen fan on this forum. :D

If you love somebody, why not set them on fire!

lord_cack

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 05:29:29 PM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"

I love the Milkmen....and anyone who has never heard them I would like to recommend the album: Big Lizard in my Backyard....great album....

esteban

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 06:31:54 PM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"

Dead Milkmen... they were decent, but never a top 10 band for me. Always wished their albums were longer, though, because they had a bunch of gems. One of the best album names ever: Beelzebubba (sp?). Brilliant! or should I say Bitchin'!
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 06:55:59 PM »
Haha, bitchin' indeed. :D

My fave albums were Metaphysical Grafitti and Beelzebubba, but unlike most, I actually enjoyed Soul Rotation as well...yeah it was a bit more serious and Dean did probably half the songs on it, but it was still pretty solid, even if it did sound a bit "detached" from their usual slapstick style. Big Lizard In My Backyard was a bit amateurish but it had a few gems on it (like Plumb Dumb and Right Wing Pigeons), and although I did sorta like it, Eat Your Paisley was a bit "dry". After those two albums though, they really kicked ass. :D