Author Topic: Who TV  (Read 1719 times)

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 01:42:13 PM »
I also hate the fact that goths go to stores like Hot Topic and spend $20 on some stupid ass goth band or horror shirt. I go to the thrift store and pay anywhere from $1-5 for a totally badass 80's shirt. If my digital camera worked, I would take pictures of all the wonderful t-shirt I have.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

neokellyzero

Who TV
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 03:58:56 PM »
Now don't hate- Before I had to get a real job I enjoy certain aspects of the goth scene.  What you have to keep in mind is that there are 2 kind of "goth"

1. Mainstream- All black wearing, Hot Topic shopping, I cut myself to be cool, studded belts make me a badass and so does shaving my eyebrows and then drawing zig zag eyebrows with mascara, Kelly Osborne wannabes
2. People that use the music and others aspects of the lifestyle as a genuine form of expression or release.

GUTS Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best part is that they love NIN so much but Trent Reznor is a total fake, the guy makes some cool music but the whole goth angle is a total act and those f*cktards think he's really all depressed or something in real life.

This is so true- does anyone remember when Bowie tried that angle for a few years.  He even toured with NIN if I remember right.  Didn't work so well for him though...

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 04:15:10 PM »
I remember a song David Bowie made with Nine Inch Nails called "I'm Afraid of Americans". Wasn't too bad actually, but it totally would have sucked without Bowie.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 04:16:52 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Goths are f*cking stupid to begin with, so what did you expect?

I expect her to love The Who and then give me all of her chocolate bars so I could sit back and chew devlishly on the chocolate bars while I was healing her.

lord_cack

Who TV
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 09:49:30 PM »
Quote from: "neokellyzero"
Now don't hate- Before I had to get a real job I enjoy certain aspects of the goth scene.  What you have to keep in mind is that there are 2 kind of "goth"

1. Mainstream- All black wearing, Hot Topic shopping, I cut myself to be cool, studded belts make me a badass and so does shaving my eyebrows and then drawing zig zag eyebrows with mascara, Kelly Osborne wannabes
2. People that use the music and others aspects of the lifestyle as a genuine form of expression or release.

GUTS Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best part is that they love NIN so much but Trent Reznor is a total fake, the guy makes some cool music but the whole goth angle is a total act and those f*cktards think he's really all depressed or something in real life.

This is so true- does anyone remember when Bowie tried that angle for a few years.  He even toured with NIN if I remember right.  Didn't work so well for him though...

I think that just about anything you see in mass produced media is Fake...and if you don't believe that your also a f&*ktard.

The thing is these people put this shit out as a gimmick...it sells they do it and thats what they gotta do. Cause you have to if you wanna keep yourself in the spotlight...there are some exceptions to these rules...some groups that never stood on gimmicks....alot of artists who never went for the big cash over quality and integrity. But you don't see these bands in the headlines...you don't see them on the cover of magazines. Those are the bands I like the most. But of course there are some who portray themselves genuinely in the media and stick true to themselves....I think we talked at length about one of them...Johnny Cash...he was so the man...he invented Black....take that goth's....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

esteban

Who TV
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 04:49:05 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
It is ashame that most people today that listen to this so called "rock" don't even know who The Who ARE, or any other good classic rock band for that matter. God there is this stupid, fat, goth bitch that I know and I was listening to The Who in class and trying to get my friend to like them and the stupid, fat ass, goth cunt was saying how The Who sucked when she heard them. I swear kids today are brain washed or something because there is NO WAY IN HELL a band like Insane Clown Possey (does this even qualify as a band?) is better than the legendary Who. It's all about the fashion now (and terrible fashion at that) than it is about music. To me, the rock and roll genre died about ten years ago.
Are you ready? Good :).

Keranu, first take a chill pill. The art to mocking somone is NOT to stoop to using the adjectives you used to describe this person in class. I am surprised you wrote this offensive crap. Sorry for being harsh, but that's the way it is.

Next, in addition to The Who (who appeared LATE in the game, around 1964 or '65), there are approximately 2,000 billion other amazing and influential artists that you are not a FAN of, and might not have even heard of. I would never hold that against you. I hope nobody would hold that against me, either.

Also, while I'm no fan of Insane Clown Posse (actually, I don't know their music at all), you should remember that folks dismissed The Who in a similar fashion: "This noise is not even music! And it's TOO LOUD! You kids are listening to crap, why don't you listen to a REAL musician, like Duke Ellington?"

All I'm saying is give peace a chance, motherf***ers. :)

And let's make fun of people, by all means, but there's no need for misogynistic language to be used on these boards.
  |    | 

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 09:05:12 AM »
You know I was sort of doing a Maddox-style rant about why goths piss me off right? (Though I am not a Maddox fan) I don't really mean for goths or anyone else to actually kill themselves, it's just sort of a "Maddox" style expression or something like that. We all have to deal with the latest fashion and I'm sure old people back in the 60's couldn't stand those rock n' roll fans (hippies would be the better format to say actually).

Quote from: "Steve"
Next, in addition to The Who (who appeared LATE in the game, around 1964 or '65), there are approximately 2,000 billion other amazing and influential artists that you are not a FAN of, and might not have even heard of. I would never hold that against you. I hope nobody would hold that against me, either.

I'm perfectly aware of this and of course everyone is going to have some kind of past influential artist behind them. The Who's influence were rythem and blues American artist and from that they built on their own style which created great influence for rock and roll. I hold The Who as being one of the most important bands in rock and roll history, the main others back in those times would be people like Chuck Berry (the creator), Elvis, The Beatles, and Jimmy Hendrix, etc...

esteban

Who TV
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 11:47:02 AM »
Keranu, my main beef with you was the way you described that girl in your class. That was my #1 concern. You know I still love you :)
  |    | 

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 11:59:06 AM »
I hate that girl, she is always pestering me in school. She used to steal things out of my lunch with her other (large) friends from my locker back in 8th grade. Not only that but her and her friends would often criticize me of course and they are lucky that I am a very kind person in public and would just take it without saying anything negative back.

Please, lets keep this to be a thread for The Who. I really don't want to see this thread go off anymore than it already has. This is one reason why I constantly think about not posting on message boards at certain times.

GUTS

Who TV
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 06:46:23 PM »
In Keranu's defence ICP is probably one of the most talentless bands of all time, they appeal only to people who smoke weed religiously.

And just out of curiosity, Steve was it the "cunt" that got you riled?  Cause if so you'd hate the UK, that's like f*ck over there, they use it for everything haha.

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 08:29:05 PM »
The C word is a very strong word out here in the USA but in the UK it's common like "bitch" is out here, hahaha.

lord_cack

Who TV
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2005, 12:37:48 AM »
I am gonna step in here and say....I like some of The Who's stuff....some....not a huge fan. I see there influence and I get that but...they weren't a huge influence in my persona life....Same goes for Zepplin, great Rock band...deserve all the accolaids (however its spelled) the get but I was never a huge fan of them...I like a lot of there stuff though....But, on the same note...People would prolly never see the influence that people like Waylon Jennings had on Rock and Country music....so...people don't always like all types of music....call them stupid cunts what ever....but lets face it, bands like The Cult were also fairly influencial...so lets all come together on this music issue...well except when it comes to 50 Cent and his ilk...influencial or not most Hip Hop is BS and I ain't buying....that prolly makes me a dick... :shock:  so be it...there hasn't been a great Hip Hop group in a long time....maybe Nelly...maybe Ludacris...but thats thin....neither of them hold a gold chain to Run DMC, Public Enemy ect.... also....you are talking about a girl in High school....now K my friend....you have been blessed by a good solid respect for music in general...that isn't always true for most kids your age (I got atleast 10 years on yah..."kid" fits hehe :lol: ). Now give her a couple of years and she will most likely see and respect alittle more than she does now...(if not...your gonna have to teach her a thing of two....at all costs...you can take that for what you will hehehe  :shock: )

esteban

Who TV
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2005, 07:46:30 PM »
In Keranu's defence ICP is probably one of the most talentless bands of all time, they appeal only to people who smoke weed religiously.

And just out of curiosity, Steve was it the "cunt" that got you riled?  Cause if so you'd hate the UK, that's like f*ck over there, they use it for everything haha.
It was the "c", "b" and "f" words, really. The combination of words alone didn't put me over the edge, though: it was the overall tone of Keranu's post. It was hateful... if Keranu intended it to be satire, well, it fell flat. Sorry Keranu, just answering GUTS' question :).

I guess I should put things in perspective: I hate the fact that misogynistic language and concepts are used so freely (and without thinking) in casual conversation.  Ditto for homophobic, racist, etc. crap. I felt that Keranu resorted to lame, offensive putdowns of "goth girl" instead of taking a few extra moments to come up with more creative insults. "You're fat and stupid" is not funny or amusing. Sorry. Kids in grammar school come up with better material than that. So "hyper hebrew", which you have used on these forums, is another item that falls into this category. I can't stand crap like that. Sorry, Guts.

Disclaimer: Keranu, the preceding post was not intended to drag things out. If anything, this will help you understand where I am coming from. I'll say it again: you know I love ya :).
  |    | 

lord_cack

Who TV
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2005, 09:28:50 AM »
Quote from: "stevek666"

It was the "c", "b" and "f" words, really. The combination of words alone didn't put me over the edge, though: it was the overall tone of Keranu's post. It was hateful... if Keranu intended it to be satire, well, it fell flat. Sorry Keranu, just answering GUTS' question :).

I guess I should put things in perspective: I hate the fact that misogynistic language and concepts are used so freely (and without thinking) in casual conversation.  Ditto for homophobic, racist, etc. crap. I felt that Keranu resorted to lame, offensive putdowns of "goth girl" instead of taking a few extra moments to come up with more creative insults. "You're fat and stupid" is not funny or amusing. Sorry. Kids in grammar school come up with better material than that. So "hyper hebrew", which you have used on these forums, is another item that falls into this category. I can't stand crap like that. Sorry, Guts.

Disclaimer: Keranu, the preceding post was not intended to drag things out. If anything, this will help you understand where I am coming from. I'll say it again: you know I love ya :).

OK, so lets throw out...Cunt, Bitch, Fag, Dick, (allow me to pull out my (hehe pull out) Kevin Smith  hand book), Cock Smoker, Cock Knocker....

What language would you prefer Steve  :P

(this message was brought to you by a sarcastic a$$hole hehe :D )

nodtveidt

Who TV
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2005, 10:43:35 AM »
Okay ladies, before you all get your panties in a bunch and the hair starts flying from your little catfight, let me give my two cents on this subject. :D

The Who rocked. Y'all better recognize. :D But yes, there were a lot of influential bands of the time, as well as before and after the time. Two of my favourite influential bands of all time are Black Sabbath and Steppenwolf...both bands defined the genre of heavy metal (Steppenwolf defined the phrase [Born To Be Wild] and Black Sabbath defined the music [Black Sabbath and Wicked Woman]). Tony Iommi was the only person in history to perform a pitch bend behind the nut on his guitar (he did this for the opening notes of "Ironman"). Even to this day, people still cover classic Black Sabbath tracks...they were just that damn influential.

Ah goths...little poser wanabes running around whining about how they're so depressed and life is soooooo hard and how the world won't miss them when they're gone and yadda yadda yadda bullshit left and right. Bands like NIN make their money off of these morons because they know that they'll buy the shit up without thinking twice about it...sheep to the slaughter. Yeah, your life is so hard, you Gucci-toting art school dropout...I wish they really would just all off themselves...but then we'd have no one to make fun of in threads like this. :)

Real goths (read: artistically inclined, studious and serious people who live their art) are exceptionally rare. You won't notice them, because unlike the poser goths, they don't have loud mouths, whine about their rotten lives, or mope around in all black looking like death warmed over because they just spent the last 9 days locked in their bedroom without sunlight playing Trent Reznor's Greatest Hits through their massive studio-quality headphones. Real goths don't pig out on chocolate and then whine about their zit-covered face and blame it on life's cruelty.

I love this stuff. :D