Author Topic: Who TV  (Read 1724 times)

Keranu

Who TV
« on: September 13, 2005, 02:29:29 PM »
Any fans of the legendary 60's British rock band, The Who, will love Who TV if you fans haven't seen it yet - it's linked from Pete Townshend's official site. I found it a few days ago and have watched it numerous times, although once you have seen the whole thing all the way through (I think it's about an hour and a half long), you'll be kind of pissed off since you just can't skip to a different scene and have to wait. I was hoping to be able to replay some nice windmill videos of Pete or some Who instrument smashing, but you'll just have to wait for it to loop :( . However something good is always on, so it's always fun to watch even if you have seen the clip already.

By the way for anyone that watches this, did you guys see that TOTALLY 80's Roger Daltrey Under a Raging Moon concert where they played the "Under a Raging Moon" song? It had this totally 80's scenary, but the other Under a Raging Moon concert clips aren't from the same stage. It's so awesome.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 02:38:38 PM »
I'm watching it again now, I just can't resist! In the beginning of the program, it has a message saying how Who TV contains rare and in some cases, unseen clips, so Who fans should really love this! Long live the greatest band in history!
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 02:10:34 PM »
No Who fans here?  :(

nodtveidt

Who TV
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 02:15:59 PM »
Who?! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 02:34:41 PM »
:P

Who's Who?

GUTS

Who TV
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 03:53:58 PM »
I dig the Who but not enough to sit through an hour and a half of internet movie.  If it was on TV I'd probably watch it though, Pete Townsend was pretty rad.

neokellyzero

Who TV
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 04:10:20 PM »
Yeah- The Who rock... but I'm with guts-

Hey- speaking of the who on TV does anyone remember when Roger Daltry played a role on The Highlander?

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 04:21:11 PM »
The Who is incredible and to think of all the things they created for rock (synthesizers, instrument destructions, wild yells, and rock opera of course, etc...) is amazing to think about. Each member was excellent at what their job was and Townshend is a brilliant genius.

Quote from: "neokellyzero"
Hey- speaking of the who on TV does anyone remember when Roger Daltry played a role on The Highlander?

I didn't see it, but I visited this one site a few weeks ago of this older chick that had a crush for Daltry and took pictures of a Highlander convention that Daltry appeared at for his role in the episode he was in.

neokellyzero

Who TV
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 05:03:41 PM »
Keranu Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Who is incredible and to think of all the things they created for rock (synthesizers, instrument destructions, wild yells, and rock opera of course, etc...) is amazing to think about. Each member was excellent at what their job was and Townshend is a brilliant genius.  

You got to love a guy like Pete if for nothing else but two reasons-
1. He basicly inveted the power chord
2. He's basicly deaf and still rocks harder than anyone I can think of half his age[/code]

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 09:21:53 AM »
Yep, those are two great reasons. Here are some others:

1.) Came up with the "windmill" method of playing.

2.) Came up with idea of smashing his guitar from the influence of this artist who talks about destruction.

3.) Brilliant song writer.

4.) Made synthesizers popular in rock and showed how awesome they are.

5.) Basically invented the rock opera with "Tommy", along with writing other rock operas that ruled as well.

6.) Excellent guitarist and definitely one of the more influential ones.

7.) Puts on an incredible live performance showing that The Who just isn't great in the studio, but possibly even better outside.

8.) His fingers bleed with pain sometimes when doing the windmill and yet he still goes on doing them faster than ever and forgets the tough pain :D .

I think it might be possible to say that Pete has done more for rock n' roll genre of music than anyone else and it's not just Pete but everyone in The Who had an important role. Daltry had very strong vocals for rock, gave a great image to the band, and his yell in "Won't Get Fooled Again" made history. Entwistle showed that the bass can be an independent instrument and doesn't have to follow another; some people even call him the Jimmy Hendrix of the bass guitar. And then there is krazy old Moon who was a wild man on drums pounding them away like no one had ever heard before back then and was the humerous side of the band who everyone loved. Each band member did their job outstandingly and were the best of their kind for their time it seemed. Their live performances especially show how amazing they can be.

esteban

Who TV
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 10:18:34 AM »
hey Keranu, thanks for the link. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some free time and I'll check it out.

It's a shame the other folks aren't blown away by the brilliance of The Who.
  |    | 

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 11:03:57 AM »
It is ashame that most people today that listen to this so called "rock" don't even know who The Who ARE, or any other good classic rock band for that matter. God there is this stupid, fat, goth bitch that I know and I was listening to The Who in class and trying to get my friend to like them and the stupid, fat ass, goth cunt was saying how The Who sucked when she heard them. I swear kids today are brain washed or something because there is NO WAY IN HELL a band like Insane Clown Possey (does this even qualify as a band?) is better than the legendary Who. It's all about the fashion now (and terrible fashion at that) than it is about music. To me, the rock and roll genre died about ten years ago.

GUTS

Who TV
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 12:12:06 PM »
Goths are f*cking stupid to begin with, so what did you expect?  Seriously you have to be one blazingly retarded f*ckshit to be a goth.  I would actually be surprised if one of those dipshits knew anything about anything other than horror movies and Nine Inch Nails.

Keranu

Who TV
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 01:22:52 PM »
I wish goths would commit suicide like they always say how they try to - our world would be a better place if they did :P .

Also I hate it when goths say crap about Johnny Cash because he covered a Nine Inch Nails song? So what? The man can cover whoever the hell he wants because of everything he has accomplished as a musician. He's done more than NIN or any other goth ever will.

GUTS

Who TV
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 01:38:45 PM »
The best part is that they love NIN so much but Trent Reznor is a total fake, the guy makes some cool music but the whole goth angle is a total act and those f*cktards think he's really all depressed or something in real life.