Author Topic: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-  (Read 17460 times)

laseractiveguy

Re: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »
Too many posts...I appologize.   I would seriously trade my copy of Myst in exchange for 3 LA games to complete my meager collection..... email me at treehouse2000us@yahoo.com if you want details.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
The 2nd question... and this is pretty important to me... personaly!!   Alright... I'm going to lay a big one on ya... if it were possible to bring back LaserActive and make one more game, yes on LaserDisc... what type of game would it be?
A port of the Dragon's Lair games, the way they were meant to be played. Oh yeah and Timegal too...

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »
The 2nd question... and this is pretty important to me... personaly!!   Alright... I'm going to lay a big one on ya... if it were possible to bring back LaserActive and make one more game, yes on LaserDisc... what type of game would it be?
A port of the Dragon's Lair games, the way they were meant to be played. Oh yeah and Timegal too...

Time Gal actually came out in Japan on LA
--DragonmasterDan

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »

Time Gal actually came out in Japan on LA
Oh yeah huh. Space Ace then!

laseractiveguy

« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »
You wouldnt want to make... a more modern title using our new technology?

laseractiveguy

« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2013, 01:36:05 PM »
Lol about Time Gal... what kind of fourm you guys running...haha

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
You wouldnt want to make... a more modern title using our new technology?
Well this is a retro gaming forum. ;) A dungeon crawler like Wizardry would be cool....

laseractiveguy

« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »
I'd go look at Zoom 5 if you havent already... its REALLY about Pioneer stuff!!

laseractiveguy

« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »
Also, i've run into some information about the AIWA Sega? Pac.... anybody have picture so we can put them up at the Preservation Site? 

(Keep the 'NEW LA Game' Thread going... i need information into what people would like to see...)

SamIAm

« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2013, 11:12:17 PM »
I think a neat way to use the LA would have been for a top-down Zelda style game where each screen is unique.

It's bad, but take a look at the third Zelda CD-i game:

That load time could have been practically nothing with the LA. A few other tweaks, and you'd have a fun game that couldn't be done as well on any other system.

I think that the LA's ability to store and display thousands of full-color still images is probably more applicable to quality, unique game designs than its ability to store video.

laseractiveguy

« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2013, 01:14:13 AM »
A Top-Down Zelda CDI Style game, interesting...  anybody else?

Black Tiger

« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2013, 02:54:11 AM »
It would be cool to see a digicomic like Policenauts done with LD videos for cinemas and stills that are balanced to blend in with PCE graphics.

It would be neat to see a quality shooter which uses fmv backgrounds that are actually pre-rerendered PCE color/res to look like traditional 2D graphics, only with all kinds of layering and special effects not possible on 16-bit consoles, plus tasteful sections cgi, like Fast Striker, only not just the same 1 second loop for an entire stage. Above the videos layer, would be a top quality PCE shooter, no different than one which runs exclusively on PCE hardware.

Regular PCE CD RPGs would be cool to see with LD video for the cinemas. Like Gulliver Boy with the same cinemas, only LD quality or Tengai Makyou II with the redone cinemas from the PS2/GC remakes.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

futureman2000

« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2013, 03:38:10 AM »
Sewer Shark LD.  Niner!
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »
Here's a DragonmasterDan TurboTip for the LaserActive.

Using a super cheap Dollar Tree 6 in 1 remote you can get basic functionality out of your Pioneer Laseractive including Play,Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Pause, and the chapter features. Choose AUX and then code 059.

These remotes can be found for 1.00 plus tax at a lot of dollar tree stores. So they're worth picking up even if they're flimsy cheap plastic.

--DragonmasterDan

laseractiveguy

« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »
I'm guessing it would work for all Pioneer LD Players... they all use 'the same' IR Port configurations... even the remotes from the 80's.   They are the only smart "remote control' company out there I think!