Author Topic: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-  (Read 17435 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-
« Reply #330 on: September 18, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
BUMP! 

I recently received some PAL Laserdiscs for free with another purchase.  I've no clue what to do with them, but from what I've read they probably will not work in a LaserActive because it's NTSC based right?

Correct, I have a few PAL LDs and they won't play on my LA (or any other player I own).
--DragonmasterDan

xelement5x

« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2013, 07:03:43 AM »
BUMP! 

I recently received some PAL Laserdiscs for free with another purchase.  I've no clue what to do with them, but from what I've read they probably will not work in a LaserActive because it's NTSC based right?

Correct, I have a few PAL LDs and they won't play on my LA (or any other player I own).

Boo! Well I guess I'll just keep them around for now.  Not much else I can do with them unless I use them as a Frisbee.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

BlueBMW

« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2013, 11:22:43 AM »
I am also actively doing recaps of these pacs if anyone else ever needs it done.

You are a brave soul... :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

xelement5x

« Reply #333 on: October 28, 2013, 11:47:07 AM »
Just thought I would post this up if anyone was in the market for a Time Gal:
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f133374629

Starts at 120,000 yen, but it does include free shipping!  :P

From what I remember, the pair that was up previously and was mentioned ended at around 220K.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

BlueBMW

« Reply #334 on: October 28, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »
It will be interesting to see what it goes for.  I'm sure there will be many proxy bidders on it.  I dont expect to ever get that particular game.

In other Laseractive news, I played some Quiz Econosaurus tonight....  I cant quite articulate how to describe how truly awful it is.  I'm even a more enviromentalist type and I think the "game" is awful.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

« Reply #335 on: October 28, 2013, 11:50:19 PM »
It will be interesting to see what it goes for.  I'm sure there will be many proxy bidders on it.  I dont expect to ever get that particular game.

In other Laseractive news, I played some Quiz Econosaurus tonight....  I cant quite articulate how to describe how truly awful it is.  I'm even a more enviromentalist type and I think the "game" is awful.

Edit to clarify, the 120,000 is Buy it Now, you can still bid which is at zero so far though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:01:33 AM by SuperDeadite »
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

« Reply #336 on: October 29, 2013, 10:41:25 AM »
no time for gal if you buy that...

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

TheClash603

« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2013, 05:49:15 PM »
In related hard to find but good game news, Road Prosecutor is up on ebay now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Road-Prosecutor-Mega-LD-Pioneer-LaserActive-US-Version-Laser-Active-/151152422517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233162ee75

Both better and cheaper than Time Gal, this is the one you want!

P.S. - Quiz Econosaurus is awful.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2013, 05:37:42 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Road-Prosecutor-Mega-LD-Pioneer-LaserActive-US-Version-Laser-Active-/151152422517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233162ee75

USA versions are for n00bs.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

« Reply #339 on: October 30, 2013, 01:52:58 PM »

USA versions are for n00bs.

Dare you to post that in squigglies so I can't understand it.

BlueBMW

« Reply #340 on: October 30, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
If it makes you feel any better Clash, I played that Quiz Engrishosaurus on YOUR Pac... :twisted:

TheClash603

« Reply #341 on: October 30, 2013, 05:19:40 PM »
If it makes you feel any better Clash, I played that Quiz Engrishosaurus on YOUR Pac... :twisted:

The fresh caps wanted to be welcomed to gaming with something less awful than that.  :(

BlueBMW

« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2013, 01:06:43 AM »
Oh dont worry, Soldier Blade and Dracula X were first.

xelement5x

« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2013, 05:44:07 AM »

Good lord US games are expensive!  I wonder what the Buy It Now price on that was.  I've actually got a bundle of LA games coming in from Japan sometime next week hopefully and will post them in teh haul thread. :D

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2013, 06:09:58 AM »

Good lord US games are expensive!  I wonder what the Buy It Now price on that was.  I've actually got a bundle of LA games coming in from Japan sometime next week hopefully and will post them in teh haul thread. :D

Not really, I bought a brand new copy of Rocket Coaster for $40 off the bay. I guess you just need to be patient...