Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72250 times)

esteban

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #900 on: June 16, 2013, 02:43:16 AM »
Dungeon Explorer is definitely the superior game. I think Neutopia has some fine music and atmosphere, but doesn't hold up the imaginative standards set by The Legend of Zelda. The first three Zelda games have a soul.

I almost beg to differ.  I love A link to the Past. It's one of my favorite games on the snes.  However, my 5 yr old son and I have been playing through it for the past few days and when I popped in Neutopia as a little break, he LOVED it.  It nearly brought a tear to by eye.  We've been playing that ever since.

This warms my heart. Have you shown him the original Zelda yet?
[/quote]

Let him beat Neutopia first! Then say, "...and here's the "original" Neutopia: it's called..."

|    | 

Mathius

« Reply #901 on: June 16, 2013, 07:30:56 AM »
Dungeon Explorer is definitely the superior game. I think Neutopia has some fine music and atmosphere, but doesn't hold up the imaginative standards set by The Legend of Zelda. The first three Zelda games have a soul.

I almost beg to differ.  I love A link to the Past. It's one of my favorite games on the snes.  However, my 5 yr old son and I have been playing through it for the past few days and when I popped in Neutopia as a little break, he LOVED it.  It nearly brought a tear to by eye.  We've been playing that ever since.

Let him beat Neutopia first! Then say, "...and here's the "original" Neutopia: it's called..."

[/quote]

Ingenious! Why didn't I think of that?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

TR0N

« Reply #902 on: June 16, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »

I loved Zelda and LttP both (and the two Neutopias!), but when it comes to these types of games, I always pick Crusader of Centy first. A lot of people will disagree with me, but I love the FM tunes and the way the game controls. It's a reasonably long game and has lots of cool little hidden surprises and funny remarks from NPCs. To me it feels like a perfect mix of the depth of LttP with the lighter action-first vibe of Neutopia.

Crusader of Centy is a game that has always eluded me. I have never seen it for sale anywhere (aside from ebay). One day I hope to see what all the fuss is about. I refuse to emulate games in most cases.
Crusader of Centy is a obscure one but a solid action rpg for the genesis.It was a late release by atlus so id assume it didn't have a large run.If you want don't want to emulate it,it can be played off a flashcart.Not to mention the japanese version often go's for $20.00 complete under the name shinsouseseiki ragacenty.When it came out originally i remember it being compared more towards zelda lttp then neutopia.

I'll probably hold out for a NA copy. Patience seems to always work out for me.

Good luck on that then,often a loose of crusader of centy go's for $90.00.Even more if the game is complete with box and manual.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #903 on: June 17, 2013, 01:44:20 AM »
I loved Zelda and LttP both (and the two Neutopias!), but when it comes to these types of games, I always pick Crusader of Centy first.
If we are going with Zelda "like" games, I'll throw in Beyond Oasis by Ancient on the Genny. Of course being a late release and having the Koshiro clan working on it lends to it be so solid.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Joe Redifer

« Reply #904 on: June 17, 2013, 08:14:36 AM »
Didn't Crusader o' Centy come with a small strategy guide of sorts? Because my copy has one. It seems to have been published by Assless I mean Atlus.

roflmao

« Reply #905 on: June 18, 2013, 06:47:16 AM »

Sadly, I don't currently own it.  But if I ever find it on the cheap out in the wild, I'll pick it up and I'm sure we'll love it.

TR0N

« Reply #906 on: June 18, 2013, 06:06:30 PM »
Didn't Crusader o' Centy come with a small strategy guide of sorts? Because my copy has one. It seems to have been published by Assless I mean Atlus.
I don't know when i had the game before i don't remember it having one.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #907 on: June 21, 2013, 05:03:10 PM »
So what's next on Gamesack? Clones I hope?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #908 on: June 21, 2013, 08:29:39 PM »
Clones? No I don't have any of those.

Tatsujin

« Reply #909 on: June 21, 2013, 10:07:52 PM »
One soon will be le peke special, as i have heard :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #910 on: June 22, 2013, 05:03:01 AM »
Clones? No I don't have any of those.
Really? According to my wife you look a lot like this guy (or this guy looks a lot like you) :P

Long lost relative perhaps?

Tatsujin

« Reply #911 on: June 22, 2013, 05:21:26 AM »
I think Joe looks slightly better than that guy :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #912 on: June 22, 2013, 05:33:29 AM »
I think Joe looks slightly better than that guy :)
Thats what I told my wife. Anyway, can't wait until the next episode of game sack!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #913 on: June 22, 2013, 07:32:01 AM »
That guy may want to be me, but he's probably too smart. :)

Mathius

« Reply #914 on: June 22, 2013, 09:02:30 AM »
You should have him stand-in for an episode and see if anyone notices.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406