Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72947 times)

IrishNinja

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1380 on: March 16, 2014, 02:54:02 PM »
wut

you know what you did

heh, i was burning through your old eps while cleaning out my cartridges, and i wanna say a couple from the 8-bit era (?) had you taking shots on Taito's games, which to be fair wasn't their best time, outside of Rastan for the SMS & a few others.  i just have to bring these things up when given the opportunity, mr.  Fatal-Labyrinth-isn't-good :P
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86

SmaMan

« Reply #1381 on: March 17, 2014, 12:38:32 PM »
Nice stuff overall, just a bit SNES/GENNY heavy but I get that...maybe you guys need a TG-16/PCE nut to break in once in a while.
I hear there's this great PCE nut around these parts named Joe Redifer. Maybe he's available...
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Tatsujin

« Reply #1382 on: March 17, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »
I think Rondo is a pretty challenging game.  Super Castlevania, on the other hand, is quite easy.  The only thing that kills me in that game is falling off of platforms and whatnot.  The enemies, including the bosses, are quite easy.

happened: in the SCV4s first 35 levels it happens ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Tatsujin

« Reply #1383 on: March 17, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »
I'm going to join the vocal minority here and say I do like SC4 more than Rondo. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I could never seem to get past the 2nd stage of Rondo. It seems like it's just a touch too hard, and I get sick of playing the same level again and again.

In SC4 I've almost gotten to the end, and I really enjoy it. The atmosphere, the music, (same guy who did Axelay and then vanished off the face of the Earth) the experience as a whole, really.

That's not to say I don't like Rondo. What little I've experienced so far I have greatly enjoyed, and I acknowledge that I probably need to just give it another good try. But yeah, at the present, I'd rank SC4 above Rondo.

yeah you better do that. if it helps, you can rescue/unlock "maria" in the 2nd stage, which makes the game unbelievable more easy.

and lol @ judging such an ubergreat game by its moderate difficulty level just because you suck at it :P

protip: there ain't much very easy games on the pce. so maybe you have to take it into condsierations to change the system as well? ;)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #1384 on: March 17, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »
Another great episode guys, keep them coming.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1385 on: March 17, 2014, 07:24:53 PM »
happened: in the SCV4s first 35 levels it happens ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

True but in the last 6,336 levels stuff happens. 1 level = 2 columns of BG tiles BTW.

munchiaz

« Reply #1386 on: March 18, 2014, 06:44:49 AM »
Yet another entertaining ep. Keep up the good work

esadajr

« Reply #1387 on: March 18, 2014, 08:00:53 AM »
Good ep. How convenient of you to forget about that mascot
Gaming since 1985

SmaMan

« Reply #1388 on: March 19, 2014, 03:59:08 AM »
I'm going to join the vocal minority here and say I do like SC4 more than Rondo. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I could never seem to get past the 2nd stage of Rondo. It seems like it's just a touch too hard, and I get sick of playing the same level again and again.

In SC4 I've almost gotten to the end, and I really enjoy it. The atmosphere, the music, (same guy who did Axelay and then vanished off the face of the Earth) the experience as a whole, really.

That's not to say I don't like Rondo. What little I've experienced so far I have greatly enjoyed, and I acknowledge that I probably need to just give it another good try. But yeah, at the present, I'd rank SC4 above Rondo.

yeah you better do that. if it helps, you can rescue/unlock "maria" in the 2nd stage, which makes the game unbelievable more easy.

and lol @ judging such an ubergreat game by its moderate difficulty level just because you suck at it :P

protip: there ain't much very easy games on the pce. so maybe you have to take it into condsierations to change the system as well? ;)

Whatever you say, dude. I recognize and bow before your insane mastery. Me, I play for the fun, only really going into completionism unless I really, REALLY enjoy the game. Blame it on my aspergers. :P
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

turboswimbz

« Reply #1389 on: March 19, 2014, 12:44:03 PM »

protip: The Swissler is angry at your in-completion - You must obey harder. 

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Tatsujin

« Reply #1390 on: March 19, 2014, 01:28:28 PM »
:lol:

btw. I blame nobody on nothing here :P
www.pcedaisakusen.net

TR0N

« Reply #1391 on: March 29, 2014, 09:41:16 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

munchiaz

« Reply #1392 on: March 30, 2014, 09:00:48 AM »
Great Ep. I love the Playstation. It has a special place in my heart, as it was the console that stopped me from going outside and playing football, to sitting in my room playing RPGs

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #1393 on: March 30, 2014, 11:14:39 AM »
Curious,  how different is the Saturn version of Herc's Adventure than the ps1 version?

HailingTheThings

« Reply #1394 on: March 30, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »
Still remember having so much fun watching my big bro playing Metal Gear Solid. When the Playstation came out, I remember wanting to play it so desperately and constantly getting rejected, cuz bro is a butt. lol