Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 73106 times)

Gentlegamer

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2475 on: September 09, 2015, 10:00:45 PM »
Someone linked me a Neo GAF thread about our Final Bosses site and reading that thread you'd think Game Sack was some sort of show dedicated to crushing transgender people and women.

The authentic NeoGAF experience.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2476 on: September 10, 2015, 01:50:02 AM »
How are people complaining about free, high quality videos?

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2477 on: September 11, 2015, 11:05:04 AM »

I started that NeoGaf thread and (un)expectedly it turned to shit, I really should know better by now.

Actually, thanks for doing that. Even though it became laden with living feces making some posts, it's still good that people see it and know there's a site that will have extra content that would normally clutter up our channel. Hell this weekend I'll be posting a video that got auto-flagged by Youtube. It's a companion piece to the episode we'll be releasing. And we'll eventually be talking about music in videogames. Wanna get the convention schedule out of the way first.

And yeah, it's always fun to count how long it takes us to get our first thumbs down on Youtube. Usually it's a matter of minutes. That means people are feverishly waiting for us to release a new video just so they can thumb us down. The dedication is actually kind of cool.

TR0N

« Reply #2478 on: September 12, 2015, 07:19:41 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

seieienbu

« Reply #2479 on: September 13, 2015, 12:12:31 AM »
If you do another video on this topic I'd suggest discussing the two Tetris games on the NES and the Tengen NES games in general.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #2480 on: September 13, 2015, 12:41:02 AM »

If you do another video on this topic I'd suggest discussing the two Tetris games on the NES and the Tengen NES games in general.

Well, for Tetris, it was about licensing rights and contracts.

The actual content of Tetris was not controversial.

The fatalities and blood in Mortal Kombat were controversial content in a game.
  |    | 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2481 on: September 13, 2015, 01:22:31 AM »
Joe, good episode and interesting topic. The court interviews dragged on a bit too long for their own good in the Night Trap segment, but this is just my own opinion. I found your analysis on the Sega and Nintendo chairmans very amusing and informative at the same time.

That's debatable.

SCNR.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

seieienbu

« Reply #2482 on: September 13, 2015, 01:44:17 AM »

Ah, but I'd argue that this episode talking about the Capcom vs Data East lawsuit wasn't exactly the same sort of controversy as red pixels did during the 16 bit era.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NightWolve

« Reply #2483 on: September 15, 2015, 02:59:32 PM »

:shock: :?: :shock: :?:

This is the best promotion I've seen for anything in a long time.

Ah, that's Joe's "Monster Truck" promotional voice! First greatness of that I saw was with that Retropalooza event he was promoting:

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10120.msg365465#msg365465

shawnji

« Reply #2484 on: September 15, 2015, 08:32:54 PM »
Yay!  It's the episode on controversial games I was hoping for!  I have to admit that seeing Howard Lincoln being such a perfect lawyer (i.e. evil) was genuinely upsetting.  What an opportunistic jerk.

Please tell me you guys will do an episode on content that was censored for the west.  The Exile games need more love!

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2485 on: September 16, 2015, 09:41:53 AM »
Yay!  It's the episode on controversial games I was hoping for!  I have to admit that seeing Howard Lincoln being such a perfect lawyer (i.e. evil) was genuinely upsetting.  What an opportunistic jerk.

Please tell me you guys will do an episode on content that was censored for the west.  The Exile games need more love!
I 2nd that request. Maybe differences in RPGS like Dragon Quest, and Earthbound. Or Bonk 3. Lots and lots to choose from.

TR0N

« Reply #2486 on: September 19, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MrBroadway

« Reply #2487 on: September 19, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »
Rope-avania! Also, glad I'm not the only one who doesn't fawn over CV Legends.

Also, who hates the overhead levels of Contra III? I thought they're fun enough, never had much of a problem with them.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:45:59 PM by o.pwuaioc »

Gentlegamer

« Reply #2488 on: September 19, 2015, 10:06:04 PM »
Also, who hates the overhead levels of Contra III? I thought they're fun enough, never had much of a problem with them.

Sega Babies, who complain about any use of Mode 7 in any game.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2489 on: September 20, 2015, 06:42:57 AM »
Rope-avania! Also, glad I'm not the only one who doesn't fawn over CV Legends.

Besides the fact that they're a tacked on gimmick which wrecks the pace of the game, they didn't put much effort into designing them and the graphics are too generic and repetitive, but then when you add in superfluous rotation, it's becomes all the more disorientating. It's like a zoomed in maze game with enemies/bullets that appear on screen too quickly. If nothing else it should have used assets half the size to make the viewing area play-friendly.

The original Contra's alternate stages weren't such a jarring change in gameplay, pacing and feel. The Mode 7 stages in Alien Wars take you out of the game and you're just kind of working to get past them and then all of a sudden you're dropped back into a Contra game which you have to get the hang of again.

It would be a much better game if you could opt out of the overhead stages.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum