Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 73169 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2655 on: December 10, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »
Some MVS boards support memory cards.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

crazydean

« Reply #2656 on: December 10, 2015, 05:38:53 PM »

Just to be clear, do the memory cards save gameplay progress or are they simply hi-score keepers?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #2657 on: December 11, 2015, 07:59:11 AM »

Just to be clear, do the memory cards save gameplay progress or are they simply hi-score keepers?

They can save gameplay progress.  You can get a season going on Football Frenzy or 2020 Super Baseball, for example.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2658 on: December 12, 2015, 06:04:24 AM »
  I guess it's good to have options.

Perfect post.  100% correct.  Thank you

I'll just say this since in all honestly you where trying to be both informative and helpful providing an alternative solution to my AES   

Thanks you for the suggestions to use a multi cart and converter.

These are thing I was aware of previously and have been Tempted to get. A multi cart. But the converter. Gee the only benefit for me would be to use my memory card to save high scores and what not unless the unibios in my CMVS does that. (Honestly haven't used my CMVS since moving to my house as my game room is in disarray.

With that said thank you for being helpful and positive in your original post.

The new Converters have UNIBIOS already installed and Cheat devices as well.  So you would literally have every possible Neo Cart option available and portable and AES.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2659 on: December 12, 2015, 08:12:01 AM »
The new Converters have UNIBIOS already installed and Cheat devices as well.  So you would literally have every possible Neo Cart option available and portable and AES.

The AES doesn't have any exclusives. You can buy a cmvs that is 1/3 the size and 1/3 the price and is much more portable and still play as many games.

If someone wants an AES to play AES games, they should. If price is of any concern and simply enjoying the games and having access to everything is what they really want, then they should either stick to a cmvs or buy a cmvs and a broken AES and stare at the AES while playing cmvs games to have the full AES experience for half the hardware price.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

TR0N

« Reply #2660 on: December 12, 2015, 06:11:56 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NightWolve

« Reply #2661 on: December 12, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »
The Future is Now SNK !

The most epic intro! Joe cracks me up. Im surprised the spoof at the end didn't include the neo geo X

HOLY MOLY, he used a variant of his Monster Truck announcer voice in that one!! Hahaha!! I thought that style was only reserved for the wacky Retropalooza promos.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2662 on: December 13, 2015, 04:21:26 AM »

The AES doesn't have any exclusives. You can buy a cmvs that is 1/3 the size and 1/3 the price and is much more portable and still play as many games.

If someone wants an AES to play AES games, they should. If price is of any concern and simply enjoying the games and having access to everything is what they really want, then they should either stick to a cmvs or buy a cmvs and a broken AES and stare at the AES while playing cmvs games to have the full AES experience for half the hardware price.

He already has an AES, just pointing him in the right direction. 

I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2663 on: December 13, 2015, 04:22:01 AM »

Just watched.  Pretty sure that Shovel Knight doesn't exist on the XBOX ONE.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2664 on: December 13, 2015, 06:10:55 AM »
It was planned, but recently canceled. I guess MS are a$$holes or something, I'm not exactly sure what the deal was.

seieienbu

« Reply #2665 on: December 13, 2015, 06:13:36 AM »

It does, both digital and disk release.  It's even got an exclusive Xbone section with the Battletoads.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

technozombie

« Reply #2666 on: December 13, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »

It does, both digital and disk release.  It's even got an exclusive Xbone section with the Battletoads.

Amazon has the Xbone version listed as unavailable. I do know that Microsoft has some weird policies for indie games and as a result more of them release on PS4. This may have something to do with it. I just purchased the game from GOG.com for PC on sale. It is really fun I see what all the fuss is about.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2667 on: December 13, 2015, 08:35:20 AM »
Good episode! It's nice to see that at least some former download-only games eventually got a physical release. I will give a Brothers: A tale of two sons a try! The scene with the dead giants impressed me a lot.

When I bought my PS3, I got the Journey collection just for Flower initially, but now I'll try the main game Journey as well.

Too bad Shovel Knight was never released on the Xbox 360 in any format.

I agree with you about Duck Tales remastered's cutscenes. I wish there was a simple way to skip them or play the entire levels without them. No wonder I have a thing for the few modern games that do not need any introductions, tutorials, spoken or even written narration. Flower and Limbo are fine examples where the game lets the player figure out what to do. Even though they're somehow guiding the player at first, they do not do it blatantly.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

sirhcman

« Reply #2668 on: December 13, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »

If you can show me a retail copy of Shovel Knight's physical disc for Xbox One I will give you my entire game collection! It doesn't exist. :)

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #2669 on: December 13, 2015, 10:59:06 AM »
I didn't expect to enjoy this episode as much as I did.  I agree with Joe; I'm peeved that "8-bit" is the only thing developers seem to consider "retro" nowadays.  I would love to see a game styled after 90s arcade games with FM music, lots of crunchy sound samples, and 16-bit (possibly even digitized/rotoscoped, like Donkey Kong Country or Sapphire) graphics.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!