Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72790 times)

sirhcman

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2760 on: January 12, 2016, 01:51:00 AM »
Just because it isn't retro doesn't mean it isn't good.

Spot on!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2761 on: January 12, 2016, 02:02:54 AM »
If we do another wrestling episode, at least now I can stay away from the mega-popular ones that I struggle to maintain interest in and instead cover something like Ringside Angel which I played after the episode was completed. It was actually kind of interesting. Not an amazing game by any means, but something I'd find more interesting to talk about. We're in no hurry to do that and I totally understand this not being a favorite episode of some people. It's not one of my favorites, either. But at least it's better than that Call of Duty episode we once did. Dave wanted to nab some of the modern gaming market and he chose a couple of FPS games to do it. I think it might still be our least viewed episode despite me cramming some retro stuff in there. I think we can nab an audience who ALSO enjoys some modern games as well as retro stuff by just talking about interesting games no matter the generation. Just because it isn't retro doesn't mean it isn't good. In fact I just got the Target Earth remake on the PS4 and it's pretty fun!

Well if and when you do another episode on wrestling throw in Rumble Rose for the LOLZ.

The fact that I had no idea you did a episode onCOD or FPS in general speaks to it being your least viewed. I thought I had seen every episode honestly.

I agree if you show fun games nearly any system and generation of gaming can be enjoyable. Heck I have based MUCH of my library on some of your recommendations.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2762 on: January 12, 2016, 04:12:07 AM »
...it seems like there is a small but vocal contingent of people who dislike Game Sack but make it their mission to watch every episode just so that they can talk shit.
A view is a view, make 'dat YT moneyz, yo! "There is no such thing as bad publicity"

In fact I just got the Target Earth remake on the PS4 and it's pretty fun!
TE one of my top 5 for Genny but alas, no PS4 for me currently.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Jibbajaba

« Reply #2763 on: January 12, 2016, 06:41:59 AM »
...it seems like there is a small but vocal contingent of people who dislike Game Sack but make it their mission to watch every episode just so that they can talk shit.
A view is a view, make 'dat YT moneyz, yo! "There is no such thing as bad publicity"

Negative comments on my videos used to get me down, but then my buddy (quoting a football player) told me "If they ain't talkin' shit, you ain't doin' shit."  That made me feel better.

geise

« Reply #2764 on: January 12, 2016, 07:15:16 AM »
Hah.  That's actually a good quote and makes total sense.  Even if I don't like a show/review channel I won't go and talk shit in their comments.  I still never understand that.  I guess people need  to do it to make themselves feel better. 

NightWolve

« Reply #2765 on: January 12, 2016, 07:23:10 AM »
Maybe I'm just getting more sensitive to it because my channel has gotten big enough that I'm starting to get them myself, but it seems like there is a small but vocal contingent of people who dislike Game Sack but make it their mission to watch every episode just so that they can talk shit.

Yeah, Joe's definitely got twerp Nemesis Nintega types that are always just there ready to thumb the next video down and heckle him... It seemed like really sad/lame to me he felt he had to take some time in this video to have to tell people what they should already know, if you don't have the same tastes/likes in videogames with somebody else, that is not a declaration of war! How immature is the crowd he's having to deal with if you gotta cautiously preface your opinions in that manner every now and then ? ...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:28:31 AM by NightWolve »

geise

« Reply #2766 on: January 12, 2016, 07:26:35 AM »
Well...they are youtube commenters so...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2767 on: January 12, 2016, 08:13:24 AM »
I don't expect much from youtube commenters (especially not if they're CoD or wrasslin' fans), but I suppose a view is a view.  Thanks for ad revenue, hatters!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #2768 on: January 12, 2016, 08:30:23 AM »

I don't expect much from youtube commenters (especially not if they're CoD or wrasslin' fans), but I suppose a view is a view.  Thanks for ad revenue, hatters!

Mad hatters!
  |    | 

technozombie

« Reply #2769 on: January 12, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »
Joe any chance you'll be going to the Retropalooza in Houston? I prefer to make my asinine comments to your face. aaaaaawwwww yyyeeeeeeaaah

toymachine78

« Reply #2770 on: January 12, 2016, 10:34:25 AM »
Just because it isn't retro doesn't mean it isn't good.

Spot on!
Hey it's Game Sack, not Retro Game Sack. Review whatever the hell you want to review. Get Sacked!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2771 on: January 12, 2016, 11:33:08 AM »
Joe any chance you'll be going to the Retropalooza in Houston? I prefer to make my asinine comments to your face. aaaaaawwwww yyyeeeeeeaaah

Ha ha, no. Unfortunately we won't be able to do any conventions this year.

technozombie

« Reply #2772 on: January 12, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »

Ha ha, no. Unfortunately we won't be able to do any conventions this year.
Dang, I missed the last one in Arlington. Gamesack is the only panel that I would be interested in going to.

NightWolve

« Reply #2773 on: January 12, 2016, 04:46:56 PM »
Well...they are youtube commenters so...

Awww yeah, an oldie but goldie! Get ready for...Youtube Comment Fight!!!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2774 on: January 13, 2016, 12:44:41 AM »
Unfortunately we won't be able to do any conventions this year.
This makes me sad. I do several cons and you guys(and gal) was the only panel or meet'n greet I ever gave a sack about.

PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"