Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72313 times)

NightWolve

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2850 on: April 18, 2016, 06:36:17 PM »
In the video Joe asks the question what delineates between "Indie" and "Homebrew" - and I think that is as slippery of a slope as "Retro"

To be considered a "homebrew" I would assume it's made in someones home, using tools they own with no real company structure behind them.

Yeah, "homebrew" at least is clearer to describe - a game that was made by fans for a console after its normal lifespan has run its course. It's much more of an uphill battle having to reverse engineer the system, the API, not having access to official dev kits, and since most videogame consoles come with a closed-licensing model (you're technically supposed to talk business with the console manufacturer to pay them for the privilege of making a game for the system), homebrew games are technically unlicensed (hence not legal).

crazydean

« Reply #2851 on: April 18, 2016, 06:51:31 PM »
NightWolf, I agree with you.

I always assumed that homebrew was required to be unlicensed whereas an indie game has a small budget but still gets the legal nod from the console manufacturer.

I would say that the more difficult designation comes from the term "indie". Couldn't any 3rd party game be considered independent?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

seieienbu

« Reply #2852 on: April 18, 2016, 08:34:44 PM »
I would argue that (probably?) all homebrew games are indie but not all indie games are homebrew. 
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2853 on: April 19, 2016, 08:37:36 AM »
It's not Macho Man. I tried doing Macho Man at the end of the Wrestling Games episode. The voice I did in this one is basically what I call "Angry Texan". Macho Man is usually much calmer and controlled.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2854 on: April 19, 2016, 08:55:30 AM »
It's not Macho Man. I tried doing Macho Man at the end of the Wrestling Games episode. The voice I did in this one is basically what I call "Angry Texan". Macho Man is usually much calmer and controlled.

Next time wear cowboy boots and a cowboy hat lol.

NightWolve

« Reply #2855 on: April 29, 2016, 08:38:26 AM »
http://www.heypoorplayer.com/2016/04/29/game-sack-interview/

"Mike asks popular YouTube retro-gaming duo Game Sack a sackful of questions"

Being an “old school” gamer, I still get confused to this day when I see how many views a “Let’s Play” video on YouTube manages to accumulate.  Watching other people play video games?  Why would I want to do that when I can just play the game myself?  Being the oldest contributor here at Hey Poor Player, I’m probably the only one of us that refuses to watch one of these videos.  The other guys here often pass by my desk watching in fear as I shake my cane at the monitor when YouTube decides to recommend nothing but Game Grumps and PewDiePie. 

Luckily, not all is lost to veteran gamers like myself.  There are thousands of gaming related YouTube channels that provide amazing retro gaming content and can also teach the younger generation of fans about the history of their favorite hobby.  One of these channels that I consider to be the best on YouTube is Game Sack.  Joe & Dave have been teaching both longtime players and those new to the hobby about their favorite (and least favorite) gaming consoles, games, and peripherals since their first video in April 2011.  When I reached out to Game Sack to inquire about an interview I was delighted to see how approachable Joe and Dave were, and could immediately tell how passionate they were about their channel.  Hopefully this interview will introduce a handful of gamers to the Game Sack channel and also provide a bit of insight to long time fans on what makes Game Sack tick.

Game Sack brother!!!

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2856 on: April 30, 2016, 10:06:51 AM »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

TR0N

« Reply #2857 on: April 30, 2016, 08:13:28 PM »
Guess who they parody  :lol: :lol:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2858 on: April 30, 2016, 10:01:30 PM »
Joe, Dave, if you only had half the fun making this video in comparison to me watching it, you must have had a bloody good time. You got all those personalities spot on.

For the next episode in that vein, I'd throw Pat/Ian and Chris Bucchi in the hat. And Peanut Butter Gamer.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:28:07 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

NightWolve

« Reply #2859 on: May 01, 2016, 06:01:45 AM »
All right, a nice comfortable Sunday plus a new episode of Game Sack, gonna give it a go! :)

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2860 on: May 02, 2016, 05:05:21 AM »
They got the HCG's mannerisms and speaking pattern perfectly.  Joe did a VERY good Job with his impressions.   
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:11:55 AM by EvilEvoIX »

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

TDIRunner

« Reply #2861 on: May 02, 2016, 05:11:07 AM »
I really enjoyed the different format for this week's episode.  There was definitely a lot of time and effort put into those parodies.  I'm kind of hoping that some of those guys do reverse parodies of Game Sack in their future episodes.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2862 on: May 02, 2016, 07:29:51 AM »
I really enjoyed the different format for this week's episode.  There was definitely a lot of time and effort put into those parodies.  I'm kind of hoping that some of those guys do reverse parodies of Game Sack in their future episodes.

I belive Happy Consol Gamer did a mock game sack opening once.

TDIRunner

« Reply #2863 on: May 02, 2016, 09:40:34 AM »

I belive Happy Consol Gamer did a mock game sack opening once.

I'll have to check that out.  Have a link?
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

seieienbu

« Reply #2864 on: May 02, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »
This is quite possibly my favorite episode of your show.  I liked the Metal Jesus Rocks parody best.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93