Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72938 times)

Groover

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #3240 on: September 04, 2017, 02:39:01 PM »
Another Great episode. Nice extra long episode to look again at the TurboGafrx16.

TR0N

« Reply #3241 on: September 04, 2017, 07:37:01 PM »
i was reading the comments and a person complain joe is ruining the TG16 market wtf !?
Yeah idk, that seems to be more the case with big Youtubers. When they shed light on something obscure, and hype it up in their review.
These guys though? Idk, kind of doubt it. Most bandwagons gaymers only have the attention span of 15 minutes though, so consider anything after last alert safe.
Dunn,before even joe did the TG16 review prices were all ready going up before hand  :P People as of late have been complaining allot to most youtubers.That there ruining the prices for retro video games.Then again like it matters it would have happen either way with or without the exposure.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

munchiaz

« Reply #3242 on: September 08, 2017, 09:16:26 AM »
Good episode. Last Alert is a gem

TelcoSurveyor

« Reply #3243 on: September 08, 2017, 10:03:15 AM »
Another episode I will watch time and time again from different hotel internet connections.
I'm the Wind, Baby!

Winniez

« Reply #3244 on: September 14, 2017, 10:09:41 AM »
Great episode as always but I was suprised that Joe didn't like Bloody Wolf all that much. Also glad to see Final Soldier getting some love although I do think that Soldier Blade is far superior game.

esteban

« Reply #3245 on: September 14, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »
Great episode as always but I was suprised that Joe didn't like Bloody Wolf all that much. Also glad to see Final Soldier getting some love although I do think that Soldier Blade is far superior game.

Agreed.

Bloody Wolf is great game, and the challenge ramps up (the Generalissimo who disappears and has boomerangs is a nice challenge....he appears twice, second time he's wily).

Personally, I consider Bloody Wolf superior to Last Alert/Red Alert.

:)
  |    | 

Winniez

« Reply #3246 on: September 15, 2017, 12:05:25 AM »

Agreed.

Bloody Wolf is great game, and the challenge ramps up (the Generalissimo who disappears and has boomerangs is a nice challenge....he appears twice, second time he's wily).

Yeah, I'm always struggling against him. I think the challenge is just about right, the Japanese version is more difficult since it has limited continues.

Black Tiger

« Reply #3247 on: September 15, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »

Agreed.

In an old thread I posted how to beat him effectively without cheating/cheezing. I think you just knife him while dodging in a pattern.

EDIT: Here it is:

Although it's one of my favorite games, I haven't played through it in a long time. I never had trouble with the final boss though.

It looks pretty straightforward. Just knife the boomerangs and in the final wave, shoot the light colored image:

44:22

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:56:03 PM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #3248 on: September 15, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »

Agreed.

In an old thread I posted how to beat him effectively without cheating/cheezing. I think you just knife him while dodging in a pattern.

EDIT: Here it is:

Although it's one of my favorite games, I haven't played through it in a long time. I never had trouble with the final boss though.

It looks pretty straightforward. Just knife the boomerangs and in the final wave, shoot the light colored image:

44:22

My technique is just about timing...BEFORE you think the boomerangs are "materializing" and about to head toward you, you start moving to "trick" them into flying past you. It sucks if you sluggish on the direction pad and get hit, though.

|    | 

EmperorIng

« Reply #3249 on: September 16, 2017, 05:20:53 AM »
I had a good laugh at the line "These graphics are almost TOO real!"

Those intercut bits reminded me so much of those promotional gaming VHSes I used to receive as a small child. Totally radical, man.

I wish I still had them... I guess that's what youtube is for!

Also: Rocky Rodent aka NITROPUNKS MIGHTHEAD is made by IREM, so it can't be a bad game.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:22:46 AM by EmperorIng »

TR0N

« Reply #3250 on: September 16, 2017, 07:29:51 PM »

Michirin9801

« Reply #3251 on: September 16, 2017, 07:46:12 PM »
Just expanding on my YouTube comment:

It's so meta to see a Deflemask track playing on Joe's Genesis in a Game Sack video... Even though it doesn't play right... But you know what? I'll bet you could play some Deflemask tunes on the TurboGrafx-16 A-OK... Try it!

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=22511.msg501799#msg501799
^A lot of my songs can be found in ROMs right here, and I'll bet Fragmare will also link some of his own stuff in .hes format sooner or later...

Black Tiger

« Reply #3252 on: September 17, 2017, 08:10:51 AM »
All of the deflemask roms I'br tried on real hardware seemed to play as intended and sounded better than emulation.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

TR0N

« Reply #3253 on: September 25, 2017, 07:30:05 PM »
Well if any body is in texas dang it bobby !! There's this con joe&dave will be at.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3254 on: September 26, 2017, 04:12:31 AM »
I meet Game Sack at Retropalooza two years ago before their con hiatus. Their panel is on Sunday @ noon this year...I toying with the idea of flying down that morning, catch the panel then fly back the same evening since hotel rooms seem to be $200+.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"