Author Topic: What PC-FX game are you currently playing?  (Read 3412 times)

neofan

Re: What PC-FX game are you currently playing?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »
To Nat...what part of Angelique are you stuck? I have at least two walkthru books here published when the game first came out. Happy to help. If you are really into the game, it's ok if I send you the books as long as I get 'em back...not going to attempt a fan page/walkthru for some time on this one.
later gamers
-scotty
Neofan's PC-FX Hints and Walkthrus
http://my.att.net/p/PWP-nec
"it's enough to get you started"

Take the awesome PC-FX quiz!
http://quizilla.teennick.com/tests/16054718/click-here-to-add-a-test-title

neofan

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »
the pc-fx games I'm playing...
finally played all the way thru Boundary Gate! Been trying to beat it since the day it came out and started it at least 5 times. This time seemed easy and I understood the whole game :)

I play thru Blue Chicago Blues every year...I have played the English version and have so many notes I cannot resist (if you could only hear the English voice track). I'm on the final day interrogating all the suspects.

not sure if I want to finish my walkthru for Power Dolls FX next or polish up my Miraculum walkthru. There's NO love for Power Dolls (and it's so fun), and some online stuff to help out for Miraculum already...

later gamers
-scotty
Neofan's PC-FX Hints and Walkthrus
http://my.att.net/p/PWP-nec
"it's enough to get you started"

Take the awesome PC-FX quiz!
http://quizilla.teennick.com/tests/16054718/click-here-to-add-a-test-title

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 03:39:05 AM »
Last game I was playing again was Boundary Gate again because I got into another dungeon crawler kick.

I ended up stopping to play Wizardry on PS3.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Mishran

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 07:20:58 AM »
Just received my PC-FX system today. Played some Last Imperial Prince to test out the system. Need to figure out the menus and items in the game, but it definitely doesn't fail to impress. Just wish I knew what was going on story wise. :-k  :)

thesteve

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 07:00:02 PM »
the lack of story will get you stuck

tpivette

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 05:56:28 AM »
Got the english text version of Pia Carrot in the mail yesterday... if I have some time today I'm gonna pop that in the PC-FX and check it out
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Aggie Tsubi

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 11:28:17 AM »
Hmm, the last PC-FX game I messed around with was Tenchi Muyo! Ryououki FX, I think, but I still haven't played one to completion since Last Imperial Prince.

thesteve

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 09:06:43 AM »
just completed Ruruli Ra Rura

kazekirifx

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 05:23:53 PM »

Your joking!

Last time I touched my FX I was playing Nirgends. I was totally set on finishing it, but then got to a really cheap part where it kills you quickly after having to do a long-ass battle... then I said screw it.

thesteve

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 06:00:06 PM »
not kidding
could do it again easily

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 02:31:35 AM »

Your joking!

Last time I touched my FX I was playing Nirgends. I was totally set on finishing it, but then got to a really cheap part where it kills you quickly after having to do a long-ass battle... then I said screw it.
'

Thats the last thing I played too.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

tpivette

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:01 AM »
Started playing Tokimeki Card Paradise today, I gotta say the card games are pretty fun. The "Speed" game is challenging... so far its my favorite.

Also picked up Boundary Gate. If I have some spare time this weekend, I'll start this one as well. Looking forward to a PC-FX dungeon crawler!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Aggie Tsubi

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 09:50:35 AM »
This topic could use a bump. :)

I've dabbled in Welcome to Pia Carrot before in Japanese, but now with the fan translation, I'm finally playing the game for real. It's been a really awesome experience so far, both because of the quality of the game itself and because of the fan translation. It was so cool to be able to rip my own official copy of the game, apply the patch, burn a disc, and pop it straight into my system. I must admit, I normally don't touch emulation much at all nor, in turn, fan translations. I just like playing the real deal, even if that means wading through Japanese text (when I know very little Japanese). Turning on the system, holding the official controller in my hands, and relaxing in front of the TV, that's how I like to game. But being able to enjoy games in that way AND use a fan translation, you can't beat that. It's the best of both worlds. It's almost as if the PC-FX was released in the US. So this is actually only the second time I've played through a game with a fan patch (the first time was just a few months ago), and this is the first time I've beaten a game for the first time with a fan patch (the previous game was a replay of an old favorite and I used the fan patch just for a change of pace).

Anyway, getting to the game itself, it's surprisingly tough. My first time through, I pretty much expected to fail at winning over a girl because I was just trying everything out, without any real focus. The second time, though, I focused on Satomi, and yet I still failed to win her over. Kind of frustrating. But third time's a charm, and I finally got a good ending, this time with the focus on Shouko. Oddly enough, I'm still missing a few of her scenes. I know a couple pictures are for the alternate uniforms, but I have no explanation for the four others. Oh well. I think next I'll focus on Reika, since she seems all over Yusuke (the canon name of the main character; I named him "Yu Kino" since I couldn't fit "Yusuke Kinoshita") anyway. :P

tpivette

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 12:25:06 PM »
Its pretty fun, huh... especially with the english translation. I would sit there for hours playing it when I first got it... and paid for that the next morning at work on more than one occasion :D

SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT
Shouko's ending is attainable even if you focus on another girl throughout the game. She's so into you that she doesnt care if you sleep around or don;t pay any attention to her for the most part. Alls you have to do is choose her in the hotel at the near-end and she's yours. Satomi is VERY hard to win over. So is Reika, even though she throws herself at you in the beginning. However, towards the middle and end of the game, she will... well, I'm not going to spoil that much.

If you're stuck at any particular part, or just want to obtain all the still shots, there was a link to a walkthrough in the post I started about the game. I had to reference it on more than one occasion. It's almost a necessity when trying to unlock one of the hidden characters. Don't know how anyone would have figured out how to do it otherwise.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Aggie Tsubi

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 12:52:33 PM »
Yep, that's the main reason I went after Shouko, since I figured she'd be pretty easy. :P Too bad I don't care for her that much, though. Her voice is kind of irritating.

Yeah, I still have two greyed out girls in my CG collection menu. I know one must be Kaori Tachibana's daughter, but no luck meeting her so far. I'm guessing I'll have to focus on her mom a lot to get the opportunity. I'll probably go through the game on my own focusing on each girl one by one first, and then I'll consult an FAQ to fill in whatever gaps I have left at the end of that. Hopefully Shouko won't be the only one I can win over completely on my own, haha.